Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapoport: The Bengals have told anyone who listen they don't plan on doing any deals
(10-27-2019, 10:45 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Obviously. Can’t break up a team like this.

0-16 is special.

Cleveland had a parade when they accomplished it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Jungle Noise logic:

Contending teams that have holes may want to trade for good players to put them over the hump for their playoff run

Bengals don't want to trade their aging players in a lost season, in the midst of a rebuild

Bengals are frustratingly stubborn and short-sighted.

Fixed your post for you...
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Then why would teams that want to win give anything for them?

Because they're trying to win a Superbowl this year.

Just because a player may be a good fit for a contender in the short term doesn't mean they're a good fit for a team approaching a 2-3 year long rebuild.

Are you really this obtuse or do you just like trolling?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:39 AM)Fullrock Wrote: More reading hilarity!

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1188429622654001152?s=19

They will someday join the AL Davis club.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: FANS - I want us to trade players and get free agents and stuff.
MB - That's not the way we do things here.
FANS- But other team owners let them trade players and...
MB - I'm not other teams' owner, I'm your owner.
FANS - Ugh, as soon as I turn 18 I'm so outta here!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:39 AM)Fullrock Wrote: More reading hilarity!

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1188429622654001152?s=19

Can the NFL just force the Bengals to be sold already? Please? From that article....

"They are basically philosophically opposed to the idea of making trades," said one NFC GM. "It's a waste of time to call them. But we did. And it is what it is. You may as well be speaking a different language."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It’s fairly obvious the best thing that could ever happen to this franchise would be if there was an a explosion at the Brown family thanksgiving dinner (assuming Duke Tobin is at the table as well).

Sad but becoming more and more obvious by the day.

Now granted, that’s the very last thing I want to happen. But it’s a disgusting and disturbing reality: the family who owns the Bengals has absolutely no idea on how to build a consistent winner. And there’s practically a zero % chance they sell the team or change their ways.

We are stuck, folks. Pray for a miracle, because this team is in a complete free fall and the only people who can fix it don’t even realize it
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:48 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I can’t take much more of this.

They should atleast have discussions. IF teams are calling and they're just telling them 'No - We won't talk.'

That said, I doubt teams are going to offer a bounty for guys that are 31 like Atkins and Green. Green hasn't played all year. He's also injured a lot. We might not even get 1st Round picks offered.

Basically, the guys that get 1st Round picks are usually on rookie deals or mid-20's.
Reply/Quote
It literally makes no sense not to trade some of these players. Basically any draft pick you get for Eifert is a win because this season is going nowhere and we’re not resigning him next year. Create a bidding war for Eifert then sell to the highest bidder. If we really wanna keep A.J. Green is Mike Brown willing to match the offers teams will give him in free agency? Or will the Bengals try to low ball him. If we can’t agree upon a long term deal for Green the team has no choice but to franchise him because letting him walk for nothing would be absurd and idiotic.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:21 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can the NFL just force the Bengals to be sold already? Please? From that article....

"They are basically philosophically opposed to the idea of making trades," said one NFC GM. "It's a waste of time to call them. But we did. And it is what it is. You may as well be speaking a different language."

Haha...We were getting calls for Kirkpatrick too that we don't listen to.

It's funny, other GM's know this team is a joke. Our players know it.

And fans wonder why we end up with 6th choice on DC!!! Because qualified people with options don't want to come here.

Marvin was making us relevant.
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with the Bengals keeping AJ, Geno, and Dunlap since the clearly plan to have them next season.
With that being said Glenn and Eifert should be trade able since both won't be here next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:29 AM)J24 Wrote: I have no problem with the Bengals keeping AJ, Geno, and Dunlap since the clearly plan to have them next season.
With that being said Glenn and Eifert should be trade able since both won't be here next season.

Yeah...I get keeping the 1st 3, although AJ IS a free agent. What's to stop us from trading him for a 1st and then signing him back IF he wants to be here so bad. That happens in sports.

But yes...holding on to Glenn? Dude doesn't want to be here. Trade him!

We're managed like a warehouse in the 1930's where workers are basically forced to work for you and when other companies try to hire them away, they use tactics to stop that.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:29 AM)J24 Wrote: I have no problem with the Bengals keeping AJ, Geno, and Dunlap since the clearly plan to have them next season.

I would have no problem with them keeping AJ, Geno, and Dunlap IF they had a plan to make this team competitive which would require them to be active in bringing in significant upgrades to the roster in free agency, but we all know how they operate. No plan, no vision, just incompetence. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...I get keeping the 1st 3, although AJ IS a free agent. What's to stop us from trading him for a 1st and then signing him back IF he wants to be here so bad. That happens in sports.

We're managed like a warehouse in the 1930's where workers are basically forced to work for you and when other companies try to hire them away, they use tactics to stop that.

The franchise tag
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...I get keeping the 1st 3, although AJ IS a free agent. What's to stop us from trading him for a 1st and then signing him back IF he wants to be here so bad. That happens in sports.

I think any other team would franchise him or sign him to a long-term deal before free agency. Just my thinking.
We could get a 6th for Eifert and a 3rd to 5th for Glenn. Also think they should consider trading Billings since he probably won't be here next season.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:43 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: The franchise tag

Pretty sure he wouldn't be eligible for the franchise tag if he were traded.

This topic came up on the radio the other day.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:50 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Pretty sure he wouldn't be eligible for the franchise tag if he were traded.

Nope doesn't matter.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:50 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Pretty sure he wouldn't be eligible for the franchise tag if he were traded.

How could they possibly argue he is not elligible?

His contract expires, thus the team in possession of his contract (aka rights) has the option of using the various tagging mechanisms to either retain him or receive compensation provided he has not already been tagged three times as was collectively bargained.

This is the same way the Patriots and Ravens will trade for, or claim off of waivers, a guy with an expiring contract who they have no intent to re-sign in order to rent their services in the short term and still get a compensatory pick when that player leaves.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:54 AM)J24 Wrote: Nope doesn't matter.

Source/link/explanation?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:59 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Source/link/explanation?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_tag#targetText=In%20the%20National%20Football%20League,if%20certain%20conditions%20are%20met.
J24

Reply/Quote