Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rashawn Slater
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-jaguars-locked-in-on-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-slips-steelers-get-rb/?fbclid=IwAR1KMhdzxPy0w0oBEiScIrzhfu4TzD4DObezcImtEt-M0QrnjSpeYuLsuJ0

Anyone know anything about this mock pick?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-jaguars-locked-in-on-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-slips-steelers-get-rb/?fbclid=IwAR1KMhdzxPy0w0oBEiScIrzhfu4TzD4DObezcImtEt-M0QrnjSpeYuLsuJ0

Anyone know anything about this mock pick?

read alot of good things about this kid, but looking at his height...he is Guard material not Tackle and the highest guard in my memory the Bengals ever drafted was Zeitler who was a late 1 pick.  Can you believe Max Montoya was a7th rounder?
Reply/Quote
Slater has performed very well in college at OT, spending time both at RT and most recently at LT.
He's also extremely intelligent and a "blue collar" guy.

His biggest knock is his arm length, which is considered short. Arm length doesn't guarantee that an OT will be good or not in the NFL, but having longer arms obviously does help. His arm length is why some are considering him to slide inside.

Personally, I would go Sewell->Darrisaw->Slater, but Slater would provide versatility and should be a very high quality player somewhere on the OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was one of the few tackles that could block Young 1 on 1 as a sophomore. Let that sink in while remembering teams put 3 players on Young in some games.

He is a very good lineman and a very good pick. Sucks we may not get Sewell, but there are still very good tackles in this draft class.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 03:05 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He was one of the few tackles that could block Young 1 on 1 as a sophomore. Let that sink in while remembering teams put 3 players on Young in some games.

He is a very good lineman and a very good pick. Sucks we may not get Sewell, but there are still very good tackles in this draft class.

Yep, his quality of play speaks for itself. But some teams put more emphasis on measurables.
I will say that if Taylor is still the HC (likely), he did pick Jonah Williams in Rd 1 in 2019. And we all know that Jonah had shorter-than-preferred arm length. That could bode well for Slater being a Bengal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 03:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep, his quality of play speaks for itself. But some teams put more emphasis on measurables.
I will say that if Taylor is still the HC (likely), he did pick Jonah Williams in Rd 1 in 2019. And we all know that Jonah had shorter-than-preferred arm length. That could bode well for Slater being a Bengal.

I’d be really happy with any of these lineman in this draft class. Sewell, slater,Darrisaw, Cosmi, Leatherwood and there are other players I can’t think of. These are all day 1 starters in the NFL, and these are just the tackles. I love, absolutely love Humphrey from OU. If we were to go Slater/Humphrey as our first 2 picks Plus one of the top 2 guards in FA I’d say that’s a clear message to Burrow and the league that the Bengals are dead serious with keeping Burrow upright and having a dominant line again.
Reply/Quote
His film is impressive but he is someone that could slide to the second (or even third). He doesn’t get much push and his game is predicated in getting in front of the defender. There have been similar players that have never done anything in the NFL. I don’t think teams will value him the same way fans do.
Reply/Quote
I don't think you pick him at 5. If you are drafting top 5, you take a top 5 prospect.

That being said, I would hope we could find a way to move down if the draft fell this way.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 03:05 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He was one of the few tackles that could block Young 1 on 1 as a sophomore. Let that sink in while remembering teams put 3 players on Young in some games.

[Image: uu9pmDP.gif?noredirect]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: uu9pmDP.gif?noredirect]

Watch his tape against OSU on YouTube. He pretty much handles him one on one the entire game and stops him. It was a good watch.

Slater also can play every position in the line, which adds more value to his skill set.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 11:56 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Watch his tape against OSU on YouTube. He pretty much handles him one on one the entire game and stops him. It was a good watch.

Slater also can play every position in the line, which adds more value to his skill set.

Young lined up at LDE in the first and 4th quarters.  Slater also got help with him on a number of occasions and gave up a nasty QB hit that was arguably a fumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2ENEUg_3_c
Reply/Quote
I'm a big Slater fan , but he's not worth a top 5 pick. He doesn't have top 5 measurables. Tape is really good , but he's built more like a guard than tackle. Still would be a welcomed addition to our team .
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 10:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How’d he look today?

He hasn’t played this year, sat out.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 10:35 PM)tBengal Wrote: He hasn’t played this year, sat out.

Goddammit, AU165 told me that, too. Brain fart lol

Reply/Quote
Looking at some recent mocks and have already seen two different ones that have us taking him at 5.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/NFL-2021-Mock-Draft-first-round-ESPN-Justin-Fields-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-national-championship-158759332/

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-3-round-cummings-january/

The ESPN one is kinda ridiculous though. Justin Fields falling all the way to the Pats at 15? C’mon now.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 02:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Looking at some recent mocks and have already seen two different ones that have us taking him at 5.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/NFL-2021-Mock-Draft-first-round-ESPN-Justin-Fields-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-national-championship-158759332/

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-3-round-cummings-january/

The ESPN one is kinda ridiculous though. Justin Fields falling all the way to the Pats at 15? C’mon now.

Honestly I want OL at 5 until we see how FA goes down. If they do get real upgrades in FA, then my wants will change. I’d love another weapon for Burrow but you can’t ignore the worst part of the team right now.

IMO, I feel like they can get a good Corner in round 2 then maybe address Dline the next couple rounds, but they would have to get O line help in FA.

But hell even if they did that if Sewell fell to 5 I’d just stick him at one of the guard spots lol
Reply/Quote
I was curious what others had to say after seeing him mocked to us. I agree that if you are picking in the top 5, you draft a top 5 prospect. Parsons would still be my pick to solidify linebacker as a strength, and lead the defense for the next decade. We need to stick to BPA and not reach.

That said, I'm not buying all the hype of Atlanta taking a QB. Qbs have long careers nowadays; and Matt Ryan has hardly been injured in his career. I see them taking BPA and grabbing Parsons. That leaves us with Chase, an edge player, or trading down. In a trade down I'd be okay with an OT/Guard pick, but I'd rather see us draft an edge player in a trade down to pair with resigning Lawson--or a CB over edge player to replace WJ3 (if he doesn't come back). Tough to say without FA as Lawson and WJ3 are major unknowns, as well as what we are doing as far as bringing in vet lineman.

To me, I see Sewell and Parsons both gone when we pick. We can either grab Chase or go with an edge player at 5. I'd be happy with Chase, but it certainly leaves holes on our roster by taking that luxury pick (how would we be able to re-sign all three wideouts as well?)

Could be that our best option is to trade down--as another team wants to move up for a QB. At that point we are looking at an edge player, CB, or an olineman--all major needs. There's also that DT a lot of people think is going to rise up into the top half of the draft. If we can get a valuable pick (2nd rounder?) in a trade down, we could come out decent. Sucks to miss out on Sewell, but we need our 2nd round pick--and having two 2nd rounders as well as a pick around pick 10 would be nice. We could grab an offensive lineman, an edge player, and a wideout or TE or CB or DT.
Reply/Quote
Voch Lombardi just posted a video about rashawn. Only like 10 minutes. Basically it’s him erasing Young over and over.

OSU homers will argue but the video speaks for itself. I whooped Chase Young, draft me.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 11:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Voch Lombardi just posted a video about rashawn. Only like 10 minutes. Basically it’s him erasing Young over and over.

OSU homers will argue but the video speaks for itself. I whooped Chase Young, draft me.

Link?

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 12:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knb3z6N6ur4
Reply/Quote