Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ndamukong Suh
He made 8 and 9 million the last 2 years with the Bucs and he's still pretty productive. I guess he might throw off our positive mojo, but I wouldn't overlook his potential.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 06:24 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: He made 8 and 9 million the last 2 years with the Bucs and he's still pretty productive. I guess he might throw off our positive mojo, but I wouldn't overlook his potential.

Well he was a teammate of Zac at Nebraska.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 08:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well he was a teammate of Zac at Nebraska.

Is he the last one still active? Only other possibility I can think of is Richie Incognito but I want to say he just missed Zac (remember, he transferred from a Community College) by one year.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Oh yes; we need people to rotate in and out to keep the defensive line fresh for the entire game. Let’s bring House Full of Spears to Cincinnati; he will give Lou Anarumo quality situational play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would be all for a Boy Named Suh. Mellow

Give us some meanness but he better play disciplined or I want no part of him. He gets dirty from time to time.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 04:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Oh yes; we need people to rotate in and out to keep the defensive line fresh for the entire game.  Let’s bring House Full of Spears to Cincinnati; he will give Lou Anarumo quality situational play.

(04-01-2022, 05:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be all for a Boy Named Suh.  Mellow

Give us some meanness but he better play disciplined or I want no part of him. He gets dirty from time to time.

I'd like to see him, or even a return of Geno Atkins in that situational/rotational 3T position.  However, with guys with career star power behind their names like those two, just how low do you think that they are willing to sign for?

Atkins last deal was a prime contract at the time, Suh has been getting paid $8-9M over the last couple seasons.  With cap numbers going up, one would have to think that they and their agents would perceive their value to be even higher today.  I guess it would depend on their desire to have another shot at a Championship ring?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 06:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd like to see him, or even a return of Geno Atkins in that situational/rotational 3T position.  However, with guys with career star power behind their names like those two, just how low do you think that they are willing to sign for?

Atkins last deal was a prime contract at the time, Suh has been getting paid $8-9M over the last couple seasons.  With cap numbers going up, one would have to think that they and their agents would perceive their value to be even higher today.  I guess it would depend on their desire to have another shot at a Championship ring?

Well that is the question Sunset. I would think the only way we sign a guy like Suh is because he wants a ring and sees the
writing on the wall with Burrow. Haven't heard anything about Geno, I don't even know if he wants to play football anymore 
or is in shape at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well that is the question Sunset. I would think the only way we sign a guy like Suh is because he wants a ring and sees the
writing on the wall with Burrow. Haven't heard anything about Geno, I don't even know if he wants to play football anymore 
or is in shape at all.

I always appreciated Geno, but unfortunately with his injury history, age, and being out of football all of last year, I believe he's done.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 05:44 PM)Mer Wrote: I always appreciated Geno, but unfortunately with his injury history, age, and being out of football all of last year, I believe he's done.

Same here, too bad, would like to get him a ring for all he has done for us.

The grabbing the O-lineman and throwing him into the QB sack was one of the coolest moves I have ever seen from a DT. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2022, 11:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, too bad, would like to get him a ring for all he has done for us.

The grabbing the O-lineman and throwing him into the QB sack was one of the coolest moves I have ever seen from a DT. Rock On

I'd also rather Geno (75.5) have the Bengals franchise sack record than Dunlap (82.5). I think Trey Hendrickson will eventually pass both, anyway.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 12:57 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote:  I'd also rather Geno (75.5) have the Bengals franchise sack record than Dunlap (82.5). I think Trey Hendrickson will eventually pass both, anyway.

The Franchise recognizes Eddie Edwards as the all time sack leader with 84.5
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 12:35 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Is he the last one still active? Only other possibility I can think of is Richie Incognito but I want to say he just missed Zac (remember, he transferred from a Community College) by one year.

Suh and Zac played together in 2005-06 at Nebraska. Suh was also at Miami when Zac coached there.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 05:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Suh and Zac played together in 2005-06 at Nebraska. Suh was also at Miami when Zac coached there.

I knew that, the question was, are any of Zac's OTHER teammates from Nebraska still active in the NFL? I checked and Richie Incognito was drafted before Zac transferred to Nebraska. Lavonte David didn't get there until after, Sam Koch is too old. I believe Suh is the last one still playing.

Guys who overlapped with his time as an assistant at A&M (08-11) and Cincinnati (16) should still be plentiful.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 12:10 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I knew that, the question was, are any of Zac's OTHER teammates from Nebraska still active in the NFL? I checked and Richie Incognito was drafted before Zac transferred to Nebraska. Lavonte David didn't get there until after, Sam Koch is too old. I believe Suh is the last one still playing.

Guys who overlapped with his time as an assistant at A&M (08-11) and Cincinnati (16) should still be plentiful.

I think there’s a punter
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think there’s a punter
You’re right. Sam Koch of the Ratbirds was teammates with Zac in 2005. He was drafted in 2006. I assumed he was drafted much earlier LOL. Could have sworn he was in either the Witten (2003) or Fitzgerald (2004) Draft.
So that makes Koch and Suh as active NFL players who were teammates with Zac at Nebraska.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 12:57 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote:  I'd also rather Geno (75.5) have the Bengals franchise sack record than Dunlap (82.5). I think Trey Hendrickson will eventually pass both, anyway.

Yes, Geno is a great man and left with class. Would rather him get the record before Trey takes it.

As Sled here says Eddie Edwards is the leader though that Trey will pass up most likely.

(04-05-2022, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Franchise recognizes Eddie Edwards as the all time sack leader with 84.5

I think Hendrickson will get it down the road, man is he relentless... Mellow
Reply/Quote