Rat Turds @ home and Huntley
Anyone else wish it was an away game? Sad

Anyone else rather play Jackson?

Ugggggg. Lol
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:46 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else wish it was an away game? Sad

Ugggggg. Lol

I'm good with it being a home game, but I would rather play Lamar than Huntley. Lamar was not playing well prior to his latest injury, and I think he would still be hearing footsteps from the last time we played them.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm good with it being a home game, but I would rather play Lamar than Huntley. Lamar was not playing well prior to his latest injury, and I think he would still be hearing footsteps from the last time we played them.

I agree, we played Lamar perfectly the last time we played him. Huntley is a question mark.

Stop the run is all, same as last time. Need to have Awuzie back and hopefully our LB's can step up with Wilson most likely 
out for this game, the Bachie injury could hurt if Pratt and namely Bailey don't continue to play well. Hope Kareem can play,
dude was a game wrecker against those Broncs. Huntley is more of a pocket passer than Lamar. Need our DT's to collapse 
the middle.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, we played Lamar perfectly the last time we played him. Huntley is a question mark.

Stop the run is all, same as last time. Need to have Awuzie back and hopefully our LB's can step up with Wilson most likely 
out for this game, the Bachie injury could hurt if Pratt and namely Bailey don't continue to play well. Hope Kareem can play,
dude was a game wrecker against those Broncs. Huntley is more of a pocket passer than Lamar. Need our DT's to collapse 
the middle.

From what I saw of him last week, he is a pocket passer who is still an excellent runner. After a couple games most backups show why they are backups, but every once in a while they show they shouldn’t be.
Reply/Quote
Huntley is not even close to as good as Lamar…at anything. Mark Andrew’s is very good though, that’s really who made that Packers game interesting.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Huntley is not even close to as good as Lamar…at anything. Mark Andrew’s is very good though, that’s really who made that Packers game interesting.

the word TE is a bad word
Reply/Quote
The browns or Steelers would be wise to make a move on Huntley
Reply/Quote
Thankful to see Huntley instead of Lamar personally
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Is Lamar definitely out?
Reply/Quote
Unlike Lamar Huntley actually throws with some touch.
Reply/Quote
Because there is even a debate between Lamar and Huntley is illustrative of the fact that Lamar has not been his best self this year
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 03:32 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Because there is even a debate between Lamar and Huntley is illustrative of the fact that Lamar has not been his best self this year

TBH Lamar has been overrated his whole career. Sports media falls in love with the elusive running and just ignores that he has never had any touch on his ball. All his throws are the same velocity and he basically needs to have receivers get wide open - which happens when defenses overcommit to stopping his running. 

Ultimately Huntley may be a bust, but so far he seems to have good mobility and running skills but also some touch on the ball - he can fit the ball into smaller spaces than Lamar can. 

For a current QB who can both run AND accurately pass I give you Patrick Mahomes. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:46 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else wish it was an away game? Sad

Ugggggg. Lol

I think the home fans deserve a huge game that could put them in an excellent position to win the division.  

As far as Lamar vs. Huntley, I watched a lot of how Green Bay was defending him and they were playing right in to their hands.  The "mush rush" that Lou was using against Lamar will work against Huntley.  He has been really good, but I think the Bengals are built to win in their division and Lou will have a great plan for him.  

The offense should also roll as the Ravens have a really poor secondary. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Huntley is not even close to as good as Lamar…at anything. Mark Andrew’s is very good though, that’s really who made that Packers game interesting.

Maybe by resume, but Lamar has been awful for the 2nd half of this year and if you want to blame the injuries around him, it has been the same team that Huntley has thrived with.  

I am not at all opposed to what Harbaugh did with the 2 point attempts, as people seem to completely discount the lack of depth they already have and how playing an extra quarter in a game really wipes you out for the next game.  Maybe the play selection could be better, but I understood the move.  They are very close to being 10-4 instead of 8-6.  That is a hell of a job given their roster decimation.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 03:32 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Because there is even a debate between Lamar and Huntley is illustrative of the fact that Lamar has not been his best self this year

Well that's what I said when I first said I'd rather play Lamar than Huntley. Lamar is beat up and has not been good this year. Especially since our guys put that beat down on them.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe by resume, but Lamar has been awful for the 2nd half of this year and if you want to blame the injuries around him, it has been the same team that Huntley has thrived with.  

I am not at all opposed to what Harbaugh did with the 2 point attempts, as people seem to completely discount the lack of depth they already have and how playing an extra quarter in a game really wipes you out for the next game.  Maybe the play selection could be better, but I understood the move.  They are very close to being 10-4 instead of 8-6.  That is a hell of a job given their roster decimation.

I guess the not wanting to play an overtime is a legitimate reason. I was looking at it like probably the worst coaching move I've seen in a long time. Make it or not, they still had to defend Rodgers beating them by getting into field position to kick a FG with about 40 seconds on the clock and a FG would beat them. At least if they kicked the XP they could go into OT with the better kicker. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 09:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I guess the not wanting to play an overtime is a legitimate reason. I was looking at it like probably the worst coaching move I've seen in a long time. Make it or not, they still had to defend Rodgers beating them by getting into field position to kick a FG with about 40 seconds on the clock and a FG would beat them. At least if they kicked the XP they could go into OT with the better kicker. 

Yeah, they had no CBs in pitt game so that made sense.  They didn't want to give Rogers the chance in OT so I get that, too. 

The fact that it failed both times is why everyone wants to kill him.  It could have just as easy worked both times and they are competing for a one seed, not on the outside looking in.  

I actually didn't hate the move at all, and not just because I wanted them to lose.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe by resume, but Lamar has been awful for the 2nd half of this year and if you want to blame the injuries around him, it has been the same team that Huntley has thrived with.  

Heck yeah we fans deserve this at home but for whatever reason we seem to play better away. Lol

Re: Huntley
Meh. He appears to be a decent pocket passer w decent accuracy.
We also have a history of making 2nd stringers look like Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
Jackson had an OL with Stanley, Yanda, and Brown Jr, the 3rd scoring defense, and both a 1k and 700 yard RB (both at 5.0+ YPC) his MVP season.

His supporting cast has become less outstanding over the last two years and his numbers have reflected that.

I think Lamar Jackson at the end of the day falls more in the Alex Smith/Dak Prescott category of QBs. Probably above Smith, but below Prescott. I really hope the Ravens pay Lamar like he's an elite QB so they'll be crushed by huge cap hits for an overpaid QB for a couple years before they figure it out/can get out from it. (Same hope for the Browns and Baker.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:17 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: The browns or Steelers would be wise to make a move on Huntley

They'd have to WAY overpay to convince the Ravens to trade him within the division. I don't know if that'd be worth it for either team.
Reply/Quote