Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rat Turds or Stool Pidgeons ???
Who do we want to win?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 10:23 AM)Whacked Wrote: Who do we want to win?

Ravens. Is this even a question?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ravens

Reply/Quote
A Ravens win puts us back in first. Even if it didn't, Ravens....
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 10:23 AM)Whacked Wrote: Who do we want to win?
Rat Turds or Stool Pidgeons

Are these teams in your son's midget football league?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 12:06 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Rat Turds or Stool Pidgeons

Are these teams in your son's midget football league?

If the 2 teams merge, you could be called the stool rat pigeon turds.

Reply/Quote
Rooting for the turds

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine a set of circumstances where I'd root for the Steelers to win.

Yes my hate for them runs deep !
Reply/Quote
Short term Ravens....

Long term Steelers...

Maybe we can get another tie?

So the analysis...

Steelers have:

@Baltimore
vs Carolina
@ Jaguars
@ Broncos
vs LA Chargers
@LV Raiders
vs NE
@ NO
vs Bengals

That is a lot of back and forth traveling against some strong teams... minus the Raiders (I know the Bengals as well right?). Even then that would be a travel to Denver... back home... then BACK out to face the Raiders. Even if it isn't likely, it isn't farfetched to see the Steelers losing all of their remaining games. Their best chances of wins would be the Carolina game, the Chargers, Raiders and the Bengals. Though they probably won't win all 4 of those games.

Ravens have:

vs Steelers
vs Bengals
vs Raiders
@ Falcons
@ Chiefs
vs Tampa Bay
@ Chargers
vs Browns

The Falcons, Chiefs and Chargers would be the most likely losses on their schedule. If they lose to the Bengals then that would be four and fine. Them losing to the Steelers could eliminate them from Playoff contention.

The records right now are 4-3-1 and 4-4. Who ever wins, would tie with us for Ws and the Steelers would officially lead the division. However if the Steelers lose the rest of their games then they would have a 5-10-1 record. If they beat us at the end, they have 5-9-1. Even if they pick up a win or 2 along the way they would have 6-9-1 or a 7-8-1 record. That isn't enough to win the division.

The Ravens would be 5-4 and be 2nd place in the standings behind us, however if they only lose to the three above, then their record would be 9-7. Depending how we that would be enough to win the division as they would have the tie breaker over us if we both finish with a 9-7 record. Now if they lose to the Steelers they would have an 8-8 record and we would own the tie breaker even if we have an 8-8 record.

So based on the upcoming schedule for both teams, I would want the Steelers to win. However I hate the Steelers so much that I would be fine with the Ravens winning.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 12:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can't imagine a set of circumstances where I'd root for the Steelers to win.

Yes my hate for them runs deep !

Even if Limp Bizkit was going to take that cookie and stick it up your yeah while listening to Bobby McFerrin singing "don't worry be happy?"  Nervous 

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 01:32 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Short term Ravens....

Long term Steelers...

Maybe we can get another tie?

So the analysis...

Steelers have:

@Baltimore
vs Carolina
@ Jaguars
@ Broncos
vs LA Chargers
@LV Raiders
vs NE
@ NO
vs Bengals

That is a lot of back and forth traveling against some strong teams... minus the Raiders (I know the Bengals as well right?).  Even then that would be a travel to Denver... back home... then BACK out to face the Raiders.  Even if it isn't likely, it isn't farfetched to see the Steelers losing all of their remaining games.  Their best chances of wins would be the Carolina game, the Chargers, Raiders and the Bengals.  Though they probably won't win all 4 of those games.  

Ravens have:

vs Steelers
vs Bengals
vs Raiders
@ Falcons
@ Chiefs
vs Tampa Bay
@ Chargers
vs Browns

The Falcons, Chiefs and Chargers would be the most likely losses on their schedule.  If they lose to the Bengals then that would be four and fine.  Them losing to the Steelers could eliminate them from Playoff contention.  

The records right now are 4-3-1 and 4-4.  Who ever wins, would tie with us for Ws and the Steelers would officially lead the division.  However if the Steelers lose the rest of their games then they would have a 5-10-1 record. If they beat us at the end, they have  5-9-1.  Even if they pick up a win or 2 along the way they would have 6-9-1 or a 7-8-1 record.  That isn't enough to win the division.  

The Ravens would be 5-4 and be 2nd place in the standings behind us, however if they only lose to the three above, then their record would be 9-7.  Depending how we that would be enough to win the division as they would have the tie breaker over us if we both finish with a 9-7 record.  Now if they lose to the Steelers they would have an 8-8 record and we would own the tie breaker even if we have an 8-8 record.

So based on the upcoming schedule for both teams, I would want the Steelers to win.  However I hate the Steelers so much that I would be fine with the Ravens winning.

You're wrong, right now the Steelers are 4-2-1, not 4-3-1.
The Bengals fans should hope that the Ravens beat the Steelers because the Steelers currently hold the tiebreaker over the Bengals and the Bengals currently hold the tie breaker over the Ravens. Also if the Ravens win, they'll put the Bengals in first. If I was a Bengals fan, I would definitely be rooting for the Ravens to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 01:32 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Steelers have:

@Baltimore
vs Carolina
@ Jaguars
@ Broncos
vs LA Chargers
@LV Raiders
vs NE
@ NO
vs Bengals

Ravens have:

vs Steelers
vs Bengals
vs Raiders
@ Falcons
@ Chiefs
vs Tampa Bay
@ Chargers
vs Browns

Lot's of potential losses for both teams. We just need to maintain our schedule and win. The other guys will slowly just drift away.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 01:59 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You're wrong, right now the Steelers are 4-2-1, not 4-3-1.
The Bengals fans should hope that the Ravens beat the Steelers because the Steelers currently hold the tiebreaker over the Bengals and the Bengals currently hold the tie breaker over the Ravens. Also if the Ravens win, they'll put the Bengals in first. If I was a Bengals fan, I would definitely be rooting for the Ravens to win.

Correct.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 12:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If the 2 teams merge, you could be called the stool rat pigeon turds.

You? My son doesn't play in that migdet league. You need to talk to jungle escapee Whacked about that. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 01:59 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You're wrong, right now the Steelers are 4-2-1, not 4-3-1.

My fault.... I counted the tie twice.

Doesn't negate the rest of the assessment.

So the best they could hope for is a 8-7-1 scenario.  Still not enough to win the division.  I don't think we all could end with 8 wins. 

You only hold the tiebreaker by 1 win.  The Bengals' wins against the Steelers are usually in Pittsburgh.  That is why it isn't impossible for the Steelers to lose the rest of the season.  Even the Raiders could be a loss due to having to travel to Denver, come back against LA Chargers, then travel west again for the Raiders.

Again, I wouldn't hate the Ravens winning.  Long term though, the Ravens are more of a threat to take the division than the Steelers based off of the remaining schedule.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 01:32 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: The Ravens would be 5-4 and be 2nd place in the standings behind us, however if they only lose to the three above, then their record would be 9-7.  Depending how we that would be enough to win the division as they would have the tie breaker over us if we both finish with a 9-7 record.  Now if they lose to the Steelers they would have an 8-8 record and we would own the tie breaker even if we have an 8-8 record.

So based on the upcoming schedule for both teams, I would want the Steelers to win.  However I hate the Steelers so much that I would be fine with the Ravens winning.

You've convinced me. I'm going to root for the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 02:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Lot's of potential losses for both teams. We just need to maintain our schedule and win. The other guys will slowly just drift away.

Yep... if we do what we need to do then it doesn't matter what the others do.

Beating the Ravens and the Steelers and the Browns twice would give us a 9-7 record and the division.  We also have the Raiders in the Jungle so that should take us to 10-6.  We get the Broncos in the Jungle as well, which would give us a 11-5 record.  The Saints and Chargers are the hardest games on our schedule but we don't have to travel to NO, and the Saints aren't the best outside team.  Chargers are the hardest as we have to play them in LA.  Even as it stands though, we would probably lose both of those games.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens and their top ranked QB Fluncco lay an egg
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 02:45 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Yep... if we do what we need to do then it doesn't matter what the others do.

Beating the Ravens and the Steelers and the Browns twice would give us a 9-7 record and the division.  We also have the Raiders in the Jungle so that should take us to 10-6.  We get the Broncos in the Jungle as well, which would give us a 11-5 record.  The Saints and Chargers are the hardest games on our schedule but we don't have to travel to NO, and the Saints aren't the best outside team.  Chargers are the hardest as we have to play them in LA.  Even as it stands though, we would probably lose both of those games.

Lol
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
If AJ can play then the Bengals don’t win the division. If AJ can’t play then the Bengals lose the division. But I’m enjoying reading the possible scenarios.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote