Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rat Turds or Stool Pidgeons ???
(11-04-2018, 09:28 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Lol

Good luck Thursday against the Panthers.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 02:38 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: My fault.... I counted the tie twice.

Doesn't negate the rest of the assessment.

So the best they could hope for is a 8-7-1 scenario.  Still not enough to win the division.  I don't think we all could end with 8 wins. 

You only hold the tiebreaker by 1 win.  The Bengals' wins against the Steelers are usually in Pittsburgh.  That is why it isn't impossible for the Steelers to lose the rest of the season.  Even the Raiders could be a loss due to having to travel to Denver, come back against LA Chargers, then travel west again for the Raiders.

Again, I wouldn't hate the Ravens winning.  Long term though, the Ravens are more of a threat to take the division than the Steelers based off of the remaining schedule.

Honestly I see it this way

Panthers Loss They are tired and hurt from that battle with the Ravens are don't have enough power to beat the Panthers.

Jaguars win They are out to prove they can beat the Jaguars and they take advantage of the fact that the Jaguars aren't the same team that beat them twice last year.

Bronos win Broncos just don't have it and can't keep up with the Steelers high powered offense.

Chargers win Steelers surprise the Chargers and just win by a field goal

Raiders win Steelers win but barely. They like to keep the bad teams in it and almost get surprised but beat the Raiders in overtime.

Patriots loss Steelers still can't beat their big brother and lose by 2 scores.

Saints loss Saints are like the Patriots. Steelers D is no match against the Saints offense.

Bengals win Bengals defense shoots themselves in the foot again with stupid penalties and the Steelers win on a last second field goal.

That puts them at 10-5-1 and they take the division and have to play in the first round. Now I hope I'm wrong and the Steelers win every game from now until the very end, but that is very doubtful.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 10:25 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Honestly I see it this way

Panthers Loss They are tired and hurt from that battle with the Ravens are don't have enough power to beat the Panthers.

Jaguars win They are out to prove they can beat the Jaguars and they take advantage of the fact that the Jaguars aren't the same team that beat them twice last year.

Bronos win Broncos just don't have it and can't keep up with the Steelers high powered offense.

Chargers win Steelers surprise the Chargers and just win by a field goal

Raiders win Steelers win but barely. They like to keep the bad teams in it and almost get surprised but beat the Raiders in overtime.

Patriots loss Steelers still can't beat their big brother and lose by 2 scores.

Saints loss Saints are like the Patriots. Steelers D is no match against the Saints offense.

Bengals win Bengals defense shoots themselves in the foot again with stupid penalties and the Steelers win on a last second field goal.

That puts them at 10-5-1 and they take the division and have to play in the first round. Now I hope I'm wrong and the Steelers win every game from now until the very end, but that is very doubtful.

I don’t see them traveling that well.

The Jags in Pittsburgh is different than the Jags in Jacksonville.

Denver in Denver is not a cake walk.

SD is a pretty good team, but it is in Pittsburgh. Just don’t count out Rivers.

Oakland should be a win. However that back and forth has got to be draining and the Raiders may catch them at just the right time for an upset.

Bengals is a toss up. Yeah you beat us in Cincy, but our wins are usually in Pittsburgh. If Marvin would have tried to kill the clock before scoring then we might have taken that win from you, so it isn’t like the Bengals will be an win.

Who knows maybe that game may be for the division. Recent history would give to the Steelers, but the last time it was win and in scenario, the Bengals won in Pittsburgh, knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs.

I don’t see you guys winning too many more games this season with that schedule. We will see though.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 12:02 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: I don’t see them traveling that well.

The Jags in Pittsburgh is different than the Jags in Jacksonville.

Denver in Denver is not a cake walk.

SD is a pretty good team, but it is in Pittsburgh. Just don’t count out Rivers.

Oakland should be a win. However that back and forth has got to be draining and the Raiders may catch them at just the right time for an upset.

Bengals is a toss up. Yeah you beat us in Cincy, but our wins are usually in Pittsburgh. If Marvin would have tried to kill the clock before scoring then we might have taken that win from you, so it isn’t like the Bengals will be an win.

Who knows maybe that game may be for the division. Recent history would give to the Steelers, but the last time it was win and in scenario, the Bengals won in Pittsburgh, knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs.

I don’t see you guys winning too many more games this season with that schedule. We will see though.

I honestly see the Raiders being a toss up because the Steelers like to let the bad teams stick around but I hope the Steelers put them away like they did with the Falcons. You are right though, with the back and forth traveling from one coast to the other, I could see the Raiders catching the Steelers at the right time and squeak out a win. I hope I'm wrong though. I just don't like the Steelers letting these bad teams stick around like they do. I also never count out the Chargers with a quarterback like Rivers. He's too good to just count out. I think the Steelers will beat them though, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers lose either. I love these kinds of stretches where you play so many good teams. I would rather play the good teams that have a chance at the playoffs during the second half of the season because then you can see what you may be facing in the playoffs and see how you stack up against those playoffs teams. I would be in total shock if the Steelers even come within 7 points of either the Patriots or Saints.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 09:39 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Good luck Thursday against the Panthers.

Gonna be tough on a short week.  "Happy Cam" has been around for a few weeks so he's playing with confidence.  I couple bad plays and he'll be hiding under a towel again, which will help.

But The Steeles are at home so that is a positive.

And they got out of Baltimore without any major injuries.

Definitely going to be a hard one one to win though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 10:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: Gonna be tough on a short week.  "Happy Cam" has been around for a few weeks so he's playing with confidence.  I couple bad plays and he'll be hiding under a towel again, which will help.

But The Steeles are at home so that is a positive.

And they got out of Baltimore without any major injuries.

Definitely going to be a hard one one to win though.

Home team big advantage.  Crying Towel Cam is the main reason I don't like him.  He wants the whole world to look at him when he scores, and then runs away when he's not playing well.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 04:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Home team big advantage.  Crying Towel Cam is the main reason I don't like him.  He wants the whole world to look at him when he scores, and then runs away when he's not playing well.  

Something we agree on.

TE made a huge one handed catch on an overthrown ball sunday and Cam does his hand, antler thing to the sideline instead of running up and thanking the guy for bailing him out...again.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 05:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: Something we agree on.

TE made a huge one handed catch on an overthrown ball sunday and Cam does his hand, antler thing to the sideline instead of running up and thanking the guy for bailing him out...again.

Well I'm sure it was the  proverbial, "Threw it only where the receiver could catch it."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 05:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well I'm sure it was the  proverbial, "Threw it only where the receiver could catch it."

That is actually true...it just took an AMAZING catch for anyone to catch it! 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 05:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: Something we agree on.

I didn't get to see the game.  Were there a lot of towel moments?

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 09:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I didn't get to see the game.  Were there a lot of towel moments?

I didn't watch on television.  I was working on my computer and following on twitter.  

Actually I haven't "watched" a whole bunch of games lately.  Easier on my blood pressure and I still see all the highlights.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 09:39 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Good luck Thursday against the Panthers.

Thanks!
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 10:55 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Thanks!

You’re welcome!
Reply/Quote
Actually with the way the Patriots have been playing the last 3 weeks, I'm not as worried about Tom Brady anymore. He's starting to look mediocre. Now of course knowing the Steelers luck, he'll play like the Tom Brady of old.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:08 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Actually with the way the Patriots have been playing the last 3 weeks, I'm not as worried about Tom Brady anymore. He's starting to look mediocre. Now of course knowing the Steelers luck, he'll play like the Tom Brady of old.

We can always hope Heyward gets pushed into Brady's new Carson palmer style.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:47 PM)6andcounting Wrote: We can always hope Heyward gets pushed into Brady's new Carson palmer style.

Yeah that would be great if he couldn't play. I would never wish an injury on another player, but if Tom got an injury that just kept him out of the game, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:08 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Actually with the way the Patriots have been playing the last 3 weeks, I'm not as worried about Tom Brady anymore. He's starting to look mediocre. Now of course knowing the Steelers luck, he'll play like the Tom Brady of old.

I think you can count on that. I really wish they hadn't lost to the Titans.  Now they will be all focused, especially for the Steelers. And their strength hits the Steelers weak secondary just right.

That said, I think the Steelers still have a better than 50% chance to beat them.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:47 PM)6andcounting Wrote: We can always hope Heyward gets pushed into Brady's new Carson palmer style.

That’s easily done. If he’s near the QB and someone touches him he can go diving into Brady’s legs.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 07:50 PM)Dill Wrote: I think you can count on that. I really wish they hadn't lost to the Titans.  Now they will be all focused, especially for the Steelers. And their strength hits the Steelers weak secondary just right.

That said, I think the Steelers still have a better than 50% chance to beat them.

Yeah I'm always worried that the Patriots are extra focused when they play the Steelers. When they lose and are a game behind the Steelers it worries me even more. I would rather them be 2 games behind the Steelers because then at least Pittsburgh can still be ahead of them for that bye week. I'm hoping they lose 1 more game just so I can feel safe about this game and not have my blood pressure rise.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 02:42 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yeah I'm always worried that the Patriots are extra focused when they play the Steelers. When they lose and are a game behind the Steelers it worries me even more. I would rather them be 2 games behind the Steelers because then at least Pittsburgh can still be ahead of them for that bye week. I'm hoping they lose 1 more game just so I can feel safe about this game and not have my blood pressure rise.

We get that twice a year, every year with the Steelers.  The Steelers lose to some God awful teams, but the Bengals are rarely one of them.  Not at all in the last 4 years.

Reply/Quote