Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate My Third Team
This is the league that matters because, even though it has a lot less payout than my other two, it's with all my best friends from childhood and high school.

10 man PPR.

QB Drew Brees- only behind Luck and Rodgers, this was a big pick where I got him and I love the deep ball threat of B Cook. Benjamin Watson is no Jimmy Graham, but should be decent to help Brees put up numbers. Colton should also put up some solid numbers, and let's not forget Ingram out of the backfield.

RB Jeremy Hill- the best back in the league in the second half of the year last season, and doing so with a bunch of injuries to our receivers/TEs, so teams could stack the box. We're likely looking at a top 5 RB year from him.

RB TJ Yeldon- will be the Jags every-down back and will also get the goal-line carries, even if Robinson gets them down there when Yeldon has a series off, like he did in week 3 of the preseason.

WR/TE Julio Jones- has the chance to be a star and one of the top receivers in the league this year. Will be great with the long ball from Matt Ryan and will produce now that he got his big contract. I'm very happy with this pick.

WR/TE DeAndre Hopkins- Andre Johnson is gong and Hopkins should have a breakout year.

WR/TE Davanta Adams- dude is set for a breakout year with Rodgers throwing him the ball.

K Steven Hauschka- kickers aren't real people.

Def Miami- I'm PISSED because I had a pick a few picks after my kicker and I figured that the Bengals were low enough that they'd still be there, but we live in Cinci, so they were taken and I hate myself. That might cost me a championship.

B Teddy Briddgewater- I think he has a HUGE year with AP keeping defenses in the box and then Wallace, C Johnson, and Rudolph being good weapons.

B Doug Martin- looks to regain his form from a few years ago now that he's finally healthy. We're looking at a big year from Martin.

B Vincent Jackson- dude's 6'5 and improved QB play should open up things downfield, as well as in the red zone.

B John Brown- I'm liking his big play ability, even if Palmer is garbage this year.

B Jordan Cameron- Tannehill will have a big year, which could translate well for Cameron, but I'm thinking of dropping him and picking up Kyle Rudolph, so, if I have to start Bridgewater, I'll get double points, plus I think Rudolph has a better year.

B Eifert- if he can stay injury-free, I think we're looking at a big year because I think he'll be the #2 target and I also think we'll use him a lot in the red zone. Injury risk is the only worry, but I bought him low, so no risk.

B Shane Vereen- PPR monster and should get some carries.

Thoughts? Should I drop Cameron and sign Rudolph?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is the league that matters because, even though it has a lot less payout than my other two, it's with all my best friends from childhood and high school.

10 man PPR.

QB Drew Brees- only behind Luck and Rodgers, this was a big pick where I got him and I love the deep ball threat of B Cook.  Benjamin Watson is no Jimmy Graham, but should be decent to help Brees put up numbers.  Colton should also put up some solid numbers, and let's not forget Ingram out of the backfield.

RB Jeremy Hill- the best back in the league in the second half of the year last season, and doing so with a bunch of injuries to our receivers/TEs, so teams could stack the box.  We're likely looking at a top 5 RB year from him.

RB TJ Yeldon- will be the Jags every-down back and will also get the goal-line carries, even if Robinson gets them down there when Yeldon has a series off, like he did in week 3 of the preseason.

WR/TE Julio Jones- has the chance to be a star and one of the top receivers in the league this year.  Will be great with the long ball from Matt Ryan and will produce now that he got his big contract.  I'm very happy with this pick.

WR/TE DeAndre Hopkins- Andre Johnson is gong and Hopkins should have a breakout year.

WR/TE Davanta Adams- dude is set for a breakout year with Rodgers throwing him the ball.

K Steven Hauschka- kickers aren't real people.

Def Miami- I'm PISSED because I had a pick a few picks after my kicker and I figured that the Bengals were low enough that they'd still be there, but we live in Cinci, so they were taken and I hate myself.  That might cost me a championship.

B Teddy Briddgewater- I think he has a HUGE year with AP keeping defenses in the box and then Wallace, C Johnson, and Rudolph being good weapons.

B Doug Martin- looks to regain his form from a few years ago now that he's finally healthy.  We're looking at a big year from Martin.

B Vincent Jackson- dude's 6'5 and improved QB play should open up things downfield, as well as in the red zone.

B John Brown- I'm liking his big play ability, even if Palmer is garbage this year.

B Jordan Cameron- Tannehill will have a big year, which could translate well for Cameron, but I'm thinking of dropping him and picking up Kyle Rudolph, so, if I have to start Bridgewater, I'll get double points, plus I think Rudolph has a better year.

B Eifert- if he can stay injury-free, I think we're looking at a big year because I think he'll be the #2 target and I also think we'll use him a lot in the red zone.  Injury risk is the only worry, but I bought him low, so no risk.

B Shane Vereen- PPR monster and should get some carries.

Thoughts?  Should I drop Cameron and sign Rudolph?

Solid overall but not sold on Yeldon, is he just another Alabama RB or will he actually do something early on in his career plus he is on the Jaguars. Also last I saw it was reported that Gerhart would receive the goal line carries. Doug Martin has been getting hyped up a bit all offseason so he may end up just as good as Yeldon.

WR's are killer though and Brees always seems to put up his numbers but his TD total could take a bit of a hit with Graham gone.

Also Cameron seems to be rated in the draftable rounds while Rudolph isn't, I'd atleast try and package him and maybe a WR or 2 for another competent RB. Right now your WR depth is great while RB is lacking so if your just gonna drop Cameron why not try and flip him and a bench WR for an upside RB being drafted later?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 07:00 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Solid overall but not sold on Yeldon, is he just another Alabama RB or will he actually do something early on in his career plus he is on the Jaguars. Also last I saw it was reported that Gerhart would receive the goal line carries. Doug Martin has been getting hyped up a bit all offseason so he may end up just as good as Yeldon.

WR's are killer though and Brees always seems to put up his numbers but his TD total could take a bit of a hit with Graham gone.

Also Cameron seems to be rated in the draftable rounds while Rudolph isn't, I'd atleast try and package him and maybe a WR or 2 for another competent RB. Right now your WR depth is great while RB is lacking so if your just gonna drop Cameron why not try and flip him and a bench WR for an upside RB being drafted later?

Last I saw, Yeldon would be getting the goal-line carries, so that sucks if he isn't.  You're right, though, because Alabama backs do tend to suck in the NFL.  

I seriously think I got a major steal in Martin since everyone has been down on him because he's been injury plagued the last few years.  Watching him in the preseason makes you feel like he's back to the explosive form he was in a few years back.

In Arizona, Tyran Mathieu is saying that John Brown is looking good, so I'm excited there, especially since he's #2 at both receiver spots.

I agree about trading a WR/TE because I'm definitely stacked there.

Room to improve, but definitely should be able to compete for a title, right?  With a bit of work, we could look very good.

Appreciate the advice, brother!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 08:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Last I saw, Yeldon would be getting the goal-line carries, so that sucks if he isn't.  You're right, though, because Alabama backs do tend to suck in the NFL.  

I seriously think I got a major steal in Martin since everyone has been down on him because he's been injury plagued the last few years.  Watching him in the preseason makes you feel like he's back to the explosive form he was in a few years back.

In Arizona, Tyran Mathieu is saying that John Brown is looking good, so I'm excited there, especially since he's #2 at both receiver spots.

I agree about trading a WR/TE because I'm definitely stacked there.

Room to improve, but definitely should be able to compete for a title, right?  With a bit of work, we could look very good.

Appreciate the advice, brother!

Tweet for Gerhart, may be nothing but worth noting.

Also love me some John Brown, have grabbed him in about every league I play in. 

Solid overall team though, watch that waiver wire and if you do clear some room I might grab a RB with some potential over a TE but thats just me. If I could start a WR over a TE Id probably do it every time unless it was Gronk or maybe Graham. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really like this team, Brad.

- Top 4 QB
- Solid (not great) RBs, if Yeldon doesn't work out, maybe Martin will
- Excellent WRs
- Cameron is as solid a TE option as any

Good job.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 02:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I really like this team, Brad.

- Top 4 QB
- Solid (not great) RBs, if Yeldon doesn't work out, maybe Martin will
- Excellent WRs
- Cameron is as solid a TE option as any

Good job.

Much appreciated.  

I think the only QBs better are Rodgers and Luck.

I'm liking the Martin pick more and more and I think he could end up back in his form of a top 10 back.  Hill will be top five in my well-known crippled opinion.  

I'm definitely thinking I can find another good RB (if need-be) with all my receivers.
Reply/Quote