Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate My Trade Thread
Basically a thread for us to post potential trades or completed trades and see what other posters think about them.

Basic format would be to post your league type, roster and the trade.

Mine

ESPN Standard 10 Man League:

QB - Tom Brady
RB - LeVeon Bell, Justin Forsett, Alfred Morris, Joseph Randle, Isaiah Crowell, David Johnson, Chris Polk
WR - Demaryius Thomas, Andre Johnson, Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins, Allen Robinson
TE - Delanie Walker
D/ST - Arizona Cardinals
K - Stephen Gostkowski

Trade :

I give - Justin Forsett and Sammy Watkins

I get - Randall Cobb and Jonathan Stewart

It's basically a wash at Forsett and Cobb in my opinion and then 2 injury prone players with Stewart probably having the highest ceiling but I can't decide on this thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 04:21 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Basically a thread for us to post potential trades or completed trades and see what other posters think about them.

Basic format would be to post your league type, roster and the trade.

Mine

ESPN Standard 10 Man League:

QB - Tom Brady
RB - LeVeon Bell, Justin Forsett, Alfred Morris, Joseph Randle, Isaiah Crowell, David Johnson, Chris Polk
WR - Demaryius Thomas, Andre Johnson, Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins, Allen Robinson
TE - Delanie Walker
D/ST - Arizona Cardinals
K - Stephen Gostkowski

Trade :

I give - Justin Forsett and Sammy Watkins

I get - Randall Cobb and Jonathan Stewart

It's basically a wash at Forsett and Cobb in my opinion and then 2 injury prone players with Stewart probably having the highest ceiling but I can't decide on this thing.

Well Randall Cobb is a safe upgrade over Watkins. You'll probably be safe to be on Cobb getting 1,000 yards and 10 TD or so. Sammy is one of those young great players so their is the potential for him to explode as the top option in Buffalo. Then again their QB's are apparently doing bad so I'd say you'd definitely rather have Cobb.

Was Forsett a one year wonder? If he puts up anywhere near similar numbers it has to be better than Stewart. I know Williams is out of Carolina, but Jonathan has had tons of opportunities to step up and show what he can do and hasn't. Plus their offensive line is terrible.

I'd just stick with what you got, you already have some good WR's on your roster and RB's are just going to be harder and harder to come by.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 04:31 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well Randall Cobb is a safe upgrade over Watkins. You'll probably be safe to be on Cobb getting 1,000 yards and 10 TD or so. Sammy is one of those young great players so their is the potential for him to explode as the top option in Buffalo. Then again their QB's are apparently doing bad so I'd say you'd definitely rather have Cobb.

Was Forsett a one year wonder? If he puts up anywhere near similar numbers it has to be better than Stewart. I know Williams is out of Carolina, but Jonathan has had tons of opportunities to step up and show what he can do and hasn't. Plus their offensive line is terrible.

I'd just stick with what you got, you already have some good WR's on your roster and RB's are just going to be harder and harder to come by.

I agree with some of this but when given the opportunity Stewart has done well, Injuries are what have hurt him which scares the hell out of me. 

BUT on the flip side I have(IMO) great depth at RB and my WR's outside of Thomas are all guys that "could" do something but lets be honest they probably won't be in the same ballpark as Cobb if he stays healthy. Having a hard time with this trade.  Rant
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 04:38 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I agree with some of this but when given the opportunity Stewart has done well, Injuries are what have hurt him which scares the hell out of me. 

BUT on the flip side I have(IMO) great depth at RB and my WR's outside of Thomas are all guys that "could" do something but lets be honest they probably won't be in the same ballpark as Cobb if he stays healthy. Having a hard time with this trade.  Rant

Welp add another questionable trade to my year because I did it.  Popcorn 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 09:35 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Welp add another questionable trade to my year because I did it.  Popcorn 

Well you know Cobb will produce unless he or Rodgers gets injured. Stewart certainly has the skill and no Williams there so he should produce something. Even if he plays all 16 games (a big if) behind that cruddy line he probably won't put much more than 1,000 yards and 8 TD or so at best (which if that happened it definitely be a worthwhile trade).
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 01:51 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well you know Cobb will produce unless he or Rodgers gets injured. Stewart certainly has the skill and no Williams there so he should produce something. Even if he plays all 16 games (a big if) behind that cruddy line he probably won't put much more than 1,000 yards and 8 TD or so at best (which if that happened it definitely be a worthwhile trade).

I think it's a good trade in your favor.

Stewart will finally have a good year.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 02:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think it's a good trade in your favor.

Stewart will finally have a good year.

Well if you believe that then it's definitely a good trade and a lopsided one. I just don't feel very sure about him at all.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 03:55 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well if you believe that then it's definitely a good trade and a lopsided one. I just don't feel very sure about him at all.

Neither do I but I feel like Cobb is a clear upgrade over my #2 and honestly I think my depth at RB is pretty damn solid as I think Randle is gonna do some good things this year in Dallas. 

I just hope Stewart is healthy the 2 games Bell is suspended and preferably my other RB's bye weeks  LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 04:40 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Neither do I but I feel like Cobb is a clear upgrade over my #2 and honestly I think my depth at RB is pretty damn solid as I think Randle is gonna do some good things this year in Dallas. 

I just hope Stewart is healthy the 2 games Bell is suspended and preferably my other RB's bye weeks  LOL

Trading 2 question marks for one solid isn't a bad thing.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 05:10 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Trading 2 question marks for one solid isn't a bad thing.

Might try and flip some combination of J. Stewart/Andre Johnson for another RB at some point. Huge Carolina fan in my league that wouldn't shut up about Stewart earlier in the year so might see what it takes to get Ingram.
Reply/Quote
So what is everyone opinion on Mark Ingram this year? I was talking to my buddy talking up Stewart and talking down Ingram and could tell he was buying it so I think the possibility for a Stewart/Crowell for Ingram type of trade could happen but what are the feelings on Ingram with Spiller coming in?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 03:40 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So what is everyone opinion on Mark Ingram this year? I was talking to my buddy talking up Stewart and talking down Ingram and could tell he was buying it so I think the possibility for a Stewart/Crowell for Ingram type of trade could happen but what are the feelings on Ingram with Spiller coming in?

Can't be any worse than when he competed with Robinson and Thomas for carries and catches. Does the loss of the attention to Jimmy Graham hurt him though? I feel more confident in Ingram than Stewart, but Isaiah might be in line for a big year with no one else stepping up and RB injuries.
Reply/Quote
I think Spiller should be the one you target not Ingram (cheaper too).
If you look at their Offense in the past, the pass catching RB is the one that gets 600+ rushing and 600+ receiving with about half a dozen TD's, and that will be Spiller.

TBH, you really need to quit messing with your team. If it's not an obvious upgrade, then don't make a trade.
Reply/Quote
I have been fooled into Spiller hype too many times to jump on that hype train again.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 02:27 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I have been fooled into Spiller hype too many times to jump on that hype train again.

I pull the trigger on that trade. Forsett could easily have a good year but Stewart is primed to have a very good year as well. Cobb is a huge upgrade over Watkins considering the QB situation.
I like Spiller quite a bit, Ingram is injury prone,Spiller gets to play his home games in the South where he played his college ball, and I think he puts up Sproles numbers in the same role in that offense. Just my opinion of course.
Reply/Quote
So couldn't pull the Ingram trade since the guy was just being hard to deal with so moved on.

Good news is I targeted the guy that just lost Kelvin Benjamin and came away with Jeremy Hill.

So basically :

Trade 1 : 

Justin Forsett RB
Sammy Watkins WR

For:

Jonathan Stewart RB
Randall Cobb WR

Trade 2 :

Jonathan Stewart RB
Randall Cobb WR
Andre Johnson WR
Cardinals D/ST

For : 

Jeremy Hill RB
Brandin Cooks WR
Bills D/ST

I like Hill much better than Stewart, Cooks is a slight downgrade as of now but come the end of the year he is Bree's #1 target and how likely is Cobb to score 11 TD's again? and the Bills D/ST is as good as it gets.

Top 4 RB's as of now are LeVeon Bell, Jeremy Hill, Alfred Morris and Joseph Randle. Have D. Thomas and Brandin Cooks at WR with Keenan Allen and Allen Robinson on the bench.

So in the end how do we all feel about what I turned this into? 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 08:54 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So couldn't pull the Ingram trade since the guy was just being hard to deal with so moved on.

Good news is I targeted the guy that just lost Kelvin Benjamin and came away with Jeremy Hill.

So basically :

Trade 1 : 

Justin Forsett RB
Sammy Watkins WR

For:

Jonathan Stewart RB
Randall Cobb WR

Trade 2 :

Jonathan Stewart RB
Randall Cobb WR
Andre Johnson WR
Cardinals D/ST

For : 

Jeremy Hill RB
Brandin Cooks WR
Bills D/ST

I like Hill much better than Stewart, Cooks is a slight downgrade as of now but come the end of the year he is Bree's #1 target and how likely is Cobb to score 11 TD's again? and the Bills D/ST is as good as it gets.

Top 4 RB's as of now are LeVeon Bell, Jeremy Hill, Alfred Morris and Joseph Randle. Have D. Thomas and Brandin Cooks at WR with Keenan Allen and Allen Robinson on the bench.

So in the end how do we all feel about what I turned this into? 
I liked what you did before you gave away your WR depth. The injury to K Benj makes J Stew's value increase even more. I love Hill but he will be facing a very tough schedule this season. Cooks can be great in that O but I still liked the depth you had before. Granted Rodgers and Luck like to spread it around so that may work to your favor but one injury at WR and you may not have as many choices from week to week depending on what D your offensive players are playing against.
Wts, not a bad deal but I liked your first one better.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 02:05 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I liked what you did before you gave away your WR depth. The injury to K Benj makes J Stew's value increase even more. I love Hill but he will be facing a very tough schedule this season. Cooks can be great in that O but I still liked the depth you had before. Granted Rodgers and Luck like to spread it around so that may work to your favor but one injury at WR and you may not have as many choices from week to week depending on what D your offensive players are playing against.
Wts, not a bad deal but I liked your first one better.

I agree it is risky and my bench at WR isn't the best but its still solid with Keenan Allen(Who I rate higher than Andre) and Allen Robinson. As for Stewart I just don't buy into him is the main problem for me, I only took him to get a good WR so when I could flip him for a much better RB and a WR that is only slightly worse than Cobb I had to take it. 

My main problem with J. Stew is the injuries of course but even throwing that out I am not sure how much the KB injury helps him considering it makes the entire Offense weaker as well as allowing teams to stack the box and take away the run for J. Stew. Throw on top of that that Carolina is one of those teams that love to let J. Stew run it between the 20s but gives goal line looks to other players like Tolbert or even Cam. Just didn't feel comfortable with him as a player but maybe thats just me.

I am finally done trading and have a team that I am actually pretty comfortable going into the season with so thought it be cool to post my freshly drafted team vs my current team without listing specific trades to see if people think I got better overall.

Freshly Drafted :

QB : Carson Palmer
RB : Le'Veon Bell 
RB : Alfred Morris
WR : Demaryius Thomas
WR : Amari Cooper
TE : Jimmy Graham
Flex : Joseph Randle
D/ST : Cardinals D
K: Stephen Gostkowski

B : Keenan Allen
B: Vincent Jackson
B: Jarvis Landry
B: Martavis Bryant
B: Ameer Abdullah
B: Phillip Rivers
B: Tyler Eifert

After Trades : 

QB : Tom Brady
RB : Jeremy Hill
WR : Brandin Cooks
TE : Tyler Eifert
Flex : Lamar Miller
D/ST : Buffalo Bills

B: Isaiah Crowell
B: David Johnson
B: Allen Robinson
B: Joseph Randle
B: Carson Palmer
B: Delanie Walker
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 12:16 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I agree it is risky and my bench at WR isn't the best but its still solid with Keenan Allen(Who I rate higher than Andre) and Allen Robinson. As for Stewart I just don't buy into him is the main problem for me, I only took him to get a good WR so when I could flip him for a much better RB and a WR that is only slightly worse than Cobb I had to take it. 

My main problem with J. Stew is the injuries of course but even throwing that out I am not sure how much the KB injury helps him considering it makes the entire Offense weaker as well as allowing teams to stack the box and take away the run for J. Stew. Throw on top of that that Carolina is one of those teams that love to let J. Stew run it between the 20s but gives goal line looks to other players like Tolbert or even Cam. Just didn't feel comfortable with him as a player but maybe thats just me.

I am finally done trading and have a team that I am actually pretty comfortable going into the season with so thought it be cool to post my freshly drafted team vs my current team without listing specific trades to see if people think I got better overall.

Freshly Drafted :

QB : Carson Palmer
RB : Alfred Morris
WR : Amari Cooper
TE : Jimmy Graham
Flex : Joseph Randle
D/ST : Cardinals D

B: Vincent Jackson
B: Jarvis Landry
B: Martavis Bryant
B: Ameer Abdullah
B: Phillip Rivers
B: Tyler Eifert

After Trades : 

QB : Tom Brady
RB : Jeremy Hill
WR : Brandin Cooks
TE : Tyler Eifert
Flex : Lamar Miller
D/ST : Buffalo Bills

B: Isaiah Crowell
B: David Johnson
B: Allen Robinson
B: Joseph Randle
B: Carson Palmer
B: Delanie Walker
I feel ya, Cooks playing well tonight.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 09:53 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I feel ya, Cooks playing well tonight.

Very solid 81 Yard 1 TD game, all of which was in 1 quarter. Excited to see what he can do this year.

Just realized I have him as my #2 in the board league as well so guess im doubling down on Cooks this year. Popcorn
Reply/Quote