Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate My Trade Thread
Well that Cobb trade hurts a little now that Jordy tore his acl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 04:13 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Well that Cobb trade hurts a little now that Jordy tore his acl.

Lol...yeah, that sucks! I was just logging in to post about that. Cooks=Cobb so that shouldn't hurt you too much but like I said before that trade may have hurt your WR depth a little (especially Johnson in the red zone) but your team still looks solid....imo.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 06:19 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Lol...yeah, that sucks! I was just logging in to post about that. Cooks=Cobb so that shouldn't hurt you too much but like I said before that trade may have hurt your WR depth a little (especially Johnson in the red zone) but your team still looks solid....imo.

Can't predict injuries unfortunately, I do still really like Cooks though and I expect Hill to finish the year with much better fantasy numbers over Stewart so overall still happy with it. 

I think I'm happier with my Alfred Morris for Lamar Miller trade straight up, especially seeing that Redskins Oline so far.
Reply/Quote
Ouch about Jordy Nelson,
I had my first draft this past Saturday.
Wanted to get Cobb, but it didn't happen, now I'm PO'ed lol.

It's a 14 team IDP keeper league (6 on Offense, 6 on Defense), keepers are given 3 year contracts, so if you draft a guy this year, he's an S3, once he hits S1 he'll be a Free Agent at the start of the next season.

My keepers:
RB DeMarco Murray Phi S2
RB Joquie Bell Det S1
RB Jonathan Stewart Jax S2
WR AJ Green Cin S2
WR Jeremy Maclin KC S2
WR DeAndre Hopkins Hou S1

Required Starters: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and 4 flex (any combo RB/WR/TE).

Pick 9th (keep in mind that you want to pick a player that will give you the best over a 3 year span)

1st 8 Picks:
1 QB Luck
2 RB Charles
3 RB McCoy
4 QB Brees
5 WR Andre Johnson
6 RB TJ Yeldon
7 WR TY Hilton
8 LB Justin Houston

Best Offense left in Round 1
RB Alfred Morris Wash OR WR Alshon Jeffrey Chi or QB Russell Wilson or TE Jordan Cameron?
TBH I didn't think both Morris and Jeffrey would be there for me to choose form.

Who would you take and any insight you'd like to provide as to why not one of the others?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 12:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Ouch about Jordy Nelson,
I had my first draft this past Saturday.
Wanted to get Cobb, but it didn't happen, now I'm PO'ed lol.

It's a 14 team IDP keeper league (6 on Offense, 6 on Defense), keepers are given 3 year contracts, so if you draft a guy this year, he's an S3, once he hits S1 he'll be a Free Agent at the start of the next season.

My keepers:
RB DeMarco Murray Phi S2
RB Joquie Bell Det S1
RB Jonathan Stewart Jax S2
WR AJ Green Cin S2
WR Jeremy Maclin KC S2

Required Starters: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and 4 flex (any combo RB/WR/TE).

Pick 9th (keep in mind that you want to pick a player that will give you the best over a 3 year span)

1st 8 Picks:
1 QB Luck
2 RB Charles
3 RB McCoy
4 QB Brees
5 WR Andre Johnson
6 RB TJ Yeldon
7 WR TY Hilton
8 LB Justin Houston

Best Offense left in Round 1
RB Alfred Morris Wash OR WR Alshon Jeffrey Chi or QB Russell Wilson or TE Jordan Cameron?
TBH I didn't think both Morris and Jeffrey would be there for me to choose form.

Who would you take and any insight you'd like to provide as to why not one of the others?

Maybe its just me but I would take Jordan Cameron out of the equation to start off with, guy never lives up to his hype mainly due to injury. Is TE emptied out outside of Cameron?

Alfred Morris is a solid pick but for a guy you hear people throw around the word "consistent" and "you know what your gonna get" he sure does have a ton of just downright terrible games. For example 6 games under 5 points last year, 9 games under 10, I wouldn't call that consistent and when a RB has single digit points in over half of his games I don't love the guy. Also that Redskins Oline has looked god awful in the preseason.

For me it would come down to Russel Wilson or Alshon Jeffrey.

Russel Wilson seems to be the definition of consistent but also the type of guy that can give you a 30+ point game a couple times a year. Outside of 5 games last year he never had less that 16 points with 3 30+ point games. No idea how the QB pool looks after Wilson so that may have an affect on your pick. Should be more of the same maybe some improvement with Jimmy Graham coming in for those redzone targets.

Alshon Jeffrey is the last and he is the clear cut #1 WR in that Bears offense with Kevin White out and Brandon Marshall traded. Was really solid last year but he did have Brandon Marshall playing opposite of him so you have to wonder how he will do being the only legit target at WR in that offense, I would think fine with Forte still running well and he did fine when Marshall would miss time last year(13 points against NO and DET). Will get plenty of looks and should put up solid numbers even with the opposing Defense focusing on him. 

Honestly I don't think you'd be unhappy with any of those guys outside of Cameron. Morris might not be anything special or he could break out if RG3 stays healthy and he turns it up for his contract year, Russel Wilson is Russel Wilson and Alshon is the only reliable WR Cutler has so he will get his points every game. I'd honestly go Wilson or Alshon but thats just me.
Reply/Quote
Thanks Bob,
I went with Jeffery.
Took Cameron with the 2nd round pick (the other 2 were gone, and most players left at that point were mid tier).

ProFootball Wizard rates my team as the best in our league right now by a considerable margin, so I'm stuck on how to improve it (says QB is my weakness and LB is my strength).

I'm thinking about going all in on this draft and trying to trade for Rodgers (S2) (the guy has Jordy, so I might be able to pawn off a WR on him).

My team:
QB Carson Palmer Ari
RB DeMarco Murray Phi
TE Cameron Jordan Mia
Flex AJ Green Cin S2
Flex Jeremy Maclin KC S2
Flex Alshon Jeffrey Chi
Flex Jonathan Stewart
K Nick Novak SD

DL Chandler Jones NE
DL Robert Quinn StL
LB CJ Mosley Bal
LB DeAndre Levy Det
DB Reshad Jones Mia
DB Michael Griffin Ten
DB Tyrann Mathieu Ari
DB James Ihedigbo Det
DFlex Carlos Dunlap Cin
DFlex Jamie Collins NE
DFlex Sio Moore Oak

Bench:
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick NYJ
RB Danny Woodhead SD
RB Fred Jackson Buf
RB David Johnson Ari
RB Zach Zenner Det
WR DaVante Parker Mia
WR Markus Wheaton Pit
WR Jalen Strong Hou
TE Delanie Walker Ten
TE Benjamin Waston NO
DL Jordan Phillips Mia
DB Andre Kirkpatrick Cin
1 open spot

IR eligible
IR RB Joique Bell Det
IR LB Rolondo McClain Den

which WR does everyone think would be a good one to pair with Palmer to trade for Rodgers or Palmer + Picks? (I don't mind giving up picks either).
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Thanks Bob,
I went with Jeffery.
Took Cameron with the 2nd round pick (the other 2 were gone, and most players left at that point were mid tier).

ProFootball Wizard rates my team as the best in our league right now by a considerable margin, so I'm stuck on how to improve it (says QB is my weakness and LB is my strength).

I'm thinking about going all in on this draft and trying to trade for Rodgers (S2) (the guy has Jordy, so I might be able to pawn off a WR on him).

My team:
QB Carson Palmer Ari
RB DeMarco Murray Phi
TE Cameron Jordan Mia
Flex AJ Green Cin S2
Flex Jeremy Maclin KC S2
Flex Alshon Jeffrey Chi
Flex Jonathan Stewart
K Nick Novak SD

DL Chandler Jones NE
DL Robert Quinn StL
LB CJ Mosley Bal
LB DeAndre Levy Det
DB Reshad Jones Mia
DB Michael Griffin Ten
DB Tyrann Mathieu Ari
DB James Ihedigbo Det
DFlex Carlos Dunlap Cin
DFlex Jamie Collins NE
DFlex Sio Moore Oak

Bench:
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick NYJ
RB Danny Woodhead SD
RB Fred Jackson Buf
RB David Johnson Ari
RB Zach Zenner Det
WR DaVante Parker Mia
WR Markus Wheaton Pit
WR Jalen Strong Hou
TE Delanie Walker Ten
TE Benjamin Waston NO
DL Jordan Phillips Mia
DB Andre Kirkpatrick Cin
1 open spot

IR eligible
IR RB Joique Bell Det
IR LB Rolondo McClain Den

which WR does everyone think would be a good one to pair with Palmer to trade for Rodgers or Palmer + Picks? (I don't mind giving up picks either).

I missed this thread earlier so didn't even see your question but I wouldn't really accept any of those trades if it meant I end up with Palmer instead of Rodgers, but that's just me and you might be able to package some combination to grab Rodgers. 

Another question for anybody looking, I gotta fit someone into the flex while L. Bell is out and my options are Joseph Randle(situation worries me more everyday), DeAngelo Williams(solid Steelers Oline against Pats), Jonas Gray(Week 1 fill in against the Steelers D with Blount out).

Also, BRADY HYPE!!!  Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 01:44 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I missed this thread earlier so didn't even see your question but I wouldn't really accept any of those trades if it meant I end up with Palmer instead of Rodgers, but that's just me and you might be able to package some combination to grab Rodgers. 

Another question for anybody looking, I gotta fit someone into the flex while L. Bell is out and my options are Joseph Randle(situation worries me more everyday), DeAngelo Williams(solid Steelers Oline against Pats), Jonas Gray(Week 1 fill in against the Steelers D with Blount out).

Also, BRADY HYPE!!!  Popcorn

Right I doubt anyone would do a swap, however, if you're team sucked you might already be throwing in the towel, it is a keeper league and of course I would add some draft picks to it to make it sweeter or possibly offering up another player as well.

Out of those 3, I'd go with Randle, the Pitt NE game is going to be a passing heaven.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 06:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Right I doubt anyone would do a swap, however, if you're team sucked you might already be throwing in the towel, it is a keeper league and of course I would add some draft picks to it to make it sweeter or possibly offering up another player as well.

Out of those 3, I'd go with Randle, the Pitt NE game is going to be a passing heaven.

I hope Randle blows up tonight to at least give me some confidence in him. Heard all last week that DMC seemed to be pulling ahead that really scare me.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 08:08 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I hope Randle blows up tonight to at least give me some confidence in him. Heard all last week that DMC seemed to be pulling ahead that really scare me.

Honestly, Randle isn't all that good and DMC has a lot of talent, it was just wasted over time due to injuries and being in Oakland where they were never ahead. I'd be snatching Christine Michaels now. 
Reply/Quote