23-32 I'm a Steelers fan
0%
0 0%
Total 97 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate our QB
Were does the Rifle rank among the rest of the NFL? As always I list the competition:

ARZ- Carson Palmer
ATL- Matt Ryan
BAL- Joe Flacco
BUF- Tyrod Taylor
CAR- Cam Newton
CHI- Jay Cutler
CLV- Robert Griffin III
DAL- Tony Romo
DEN- Mark Sanchez
DET- Matthew Stafford
GBP- Aaron Rodgers
HOU- Blake Oswieler
IND- Andrew Luck
JAX- Blake Bortles
KCC- Alex Smith
LAR- Jared Goff
MIA- Ryan Tannehill
MIN- Teddy Bridgewater
NEP- Tom Brady
NOS- Drew Brees
NYG- Eli Manning
NYJ- Geno Smith
OAK- Derek Carr
PHI- Carson Wentz
PIT- Ben Roethlisberger
SDC- Philip Rivers
SEA- Russel Martin
SFF- Blaine Gabbert
TBB- Jameis Winston
TEN- Marcus Mariota
WAS- Kirk Cousins
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Were does the Rifle rank among the rest of the NFL? As always I list the competition:

ARZ- Carson Palmer
ATL- Matt Ryan
BAL- Joe Flacco
BUF- Tyrod Taylor
CAR- Cam Newton
CHI- Jay Cutler
CLV- Robert Griffin III
DAL- Tony Romo
DEN- Mark Sanchez
DET- Matthew Stafford
GBP- Aaron Rodgers
HOU- Blake Oswieler
IND- Andrew Luck
JAX- Blake Bortles
KCC- Alex Smith
LAR- Jared Goff
MIA- Ryan Tannehill
MIN- Teddy Bridgewater
NEP- Tom Brady
NOS- Drew Brees
NYG- Eli Manning
NYJ- Geno Smith
OAK- Derek Carr
PHI- Carson Wentz
PIT- Ben Roethlisberger
SDC- Philip Rivers
SEA- Russel Martin
SFF- Blaine Gabbert
TBB- Jameis Winston
TEN- Marcus Mariota
WAS- Kirk Cousins
So where is your ranking ?  
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 10:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So where is your ranking ?  

Let me tell you the story of the young bull and the old bull
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let me tell you the story of the young bull and the old bull

you mean the one with horns/balls that faces their adversary and the one without horns/balls that does not.. which are you
Reply/Quote
Hmm, not much QB-talk going on yet! I think he's top 10, easily and I hope Hue wasn't too important to that equation.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let me tell you the story of the young bull and the old bull

(05-15-2016, 10:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you mean the one with horns/balls that faces their adversary and the one without horns/balls that does not.. which are you

Well, this is real relevant to the topic.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
First few years would rank him somewhere in the 9 to 16 area.

But last season believe he moved just inside the Elite 8 in my book.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 10:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, not much QB-talk going on yet!  I think he's top 10, easily and I hope Hue wasn't too important to that equation.

Good too see people are seeing things more from my perspective now. I don't think Hue was that big at all in the equation though.
Reply/Quote
At this point in his career and given what he did last year, I definitely have him in my top 5...

1   Aaron Rodgers
2   Tom Brady
3   Russell Wilson
4   Cam Newton
5   Andy Dalton

I'm basing this on how well each QB is playing right now (which way the arrow is trending), plus what they've accomplished over the last 5 years. I realize everyone will have different opinions on this, but I have him edging out guys like Roethlisberger, Luck, Flacco, Brees and Rivers.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 11:15 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Good too see people are seeing things more from my perspective now. I don't think Hue was that big at all in the equation though.

Well, it's a fluid thing, too.  The QBs I'd say are certainly below him are:

BUF- Tyrod Taylor
CLV- Robert Griffin III
DEN- Mark Sanchez
HOU- Blake Oswieler (ha, Blake)
JAX- Blake Bortles (until he continues to turn the corner)
LAR- Jared Goff
MIA- Ryan Tannehill
MIN- Teddy Bridgewater
NYJ- Geno Smith (this guy probably wont even start)
PHI- Carson Wentz
SFF- Blaine Gabbert
TBB- Jameis Winston
TEN- Marcus Mariota
WAS- Kirk Cousins

So I'm confident saying he's better than 14 QBs and there are about 5 or so he's certainly beneath, but it's all pretty up in the air.  It's the NFL, so who knows.  If he can go from 2014's numbers to 2015's it's hard to say what can happen.  A lot of factors are at play here, and while we can talk about Dalton's great 2015 numbers we have to remember a QB we were glad to see go was just as good, if not better last year.
Reply/Quote
Looking at that list, I have him around 10th. It's really hard to give an exact number as a lot of those QB's are on similar levels. But yeah, I'd say we have a good one and somewhere around 10th sounds fair.

Hopefully Andy can keep it going without Hue, but I wouldn't complain if his rating drops some. He was playing at an unbelievable level last year. I just hope he continues to sling it around with confidence like he was last year. I'm thinking that was more of a House thing than a Hue thing. I've never seen Andy flick medium-deep passes with that much zip on them before.

Not saying he had a weak arm or anything, but he definitely seemed to have more zip and confidence in his arm last season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ranking QBs is never easy because they are partly products of the systems they play in.

So.....

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers are the top 4. After that there is a group of QBs (Andy, Ben, Wilson, Carr) who are hard to rank but all belong in this grouping.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 11:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: Ranking QBs is never easy because they are partly products of the systems they play in.

So.....

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers are the top 4. After that there is a group of QBs (Andy, Ben, Wilson, Carr) who are hard to rank but all belong in this grouping.

Almost spit out my drink...
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 11:53 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Almost spit out my drink...

Rivers is pretty good.  Top 4 isn't a lock but the guy does more with less, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
If he has another year like last year, and gets a playoff win or wins he will be in the top 3 possibly. Right now i would consider him at about 6. Career wise he is behind aaron rodgers, tom brady, palmer, eli, rivers, and that rapist from pittsburg
Reply/Quote
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Wilson
4. Cam
5. Big Jen
6. Luck
7. Dalton
8. Rivers
9. Carr
10. Flacco

Put luck ahead only because we need to see Dalton trending up again. Another year like last and he is top 5 lock.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
If we're voting QB's based off JUST them and not their surrounding talent, I think Dalton comes up like 9-ish for me, which is juuuust out of the top-8 number for me.

In no particular order..... Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Wilson, Romo, Roethlisberger... and then the only one I will put in order is Newton at 8th. (He scrapes past Dalton for me giving him the benefit of doubt on a shit WR group he works with.)

I think Dalton is right after that group, closely followed by Palmer to round out the top-10. Followed by the next tier of QBs like Bortles, A Smith, Luck, M Ryan, Carr.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ranking him around 9, so I went top 12.

Yes, he had a great year but there's still a question mark about him being able to win a playoff game or even play well in a playoff game.

So until then, top dozen.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Dalton rates in the 6-8 range only because of last year. Prior to last year, Dalton would have been in the 9-12 range or even the 13-15 range.

Here's the thing though, if Dalton plays this year like last he will be in the 1-5 range.

Every year since Dalton has come into the league he has gotten better and better. Last year was Dalton's fifth and it's usually around the fifth year that a QB really takes off with a couple of years after of refining his play. This year will be slightly better than last and next year will be slightly better than this year. Around year seven is when Dalton will hit his ceiling and we will be enjoying multiple Super Bowls from then on out if not this year, lol.
Reply/Quote