23-32 I'm a Steelers fan
0%
0 0%
Total 97 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate our QB
(05-16-2016, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I meant to mention that when you gave Olsen to nod over Gresh because of fumbles. What effect does a receiver fumbling the ball after they make a catch have on a QB's numbers?

So Benjamin led the league with 10 drops while AJ had 2, but you give Benjamin the nod because AJ had 3 fumbles while Benjamin had 1. Seems about right

We're talking about who has better weapons. But to your point... Fumbles stop the drive giving away the momentum and stops a potential score. A drop can do that, but most of the time you can recover a drive from a drop.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is a top 12 QB based on his talent but he has a top 5 offense around him so I say top 7-8 overall.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I meant to mention that when you gave Olsen to nod over Gresh because of fumbles. What effect does a receiver fumbling the ball after they make a catch have on a QB's numbers?

So Benjamin led the league with 10 drops while AJ had 2, but you give Benjamin the nod because AJ had 3 fumbles while Benjamin had 1. Seems about right

So you would take a reciever who was hurt throughout the season + the playoff game, more fumbles, and less TDs, but has about 40 more yards, and a higher catch %? Personally I would take someone who's playing all season long with more TDs and less fumbles but has a higher drop % all day long. I don't see how anyone wouldn't choose that.
Reply/Quote
For a question like this, I start with where a QB is in his career:

TBD QBs (#1 to #4): Goff, Lynch, Wentz, Hackenberg

Too new to know if they are a franchise QB (#1 to #13): Carr, Bortles, Winston, Cousins, Mariota, Taylor, Tannehill, Osweiler, Bridgewater

QBs that are proven franchise QBs in prime of career (#1 to #9): Rodgers, Wilson, Cam, Luck, Dalton, Ryan, Flacco, Alex Smith, Stafford

QBs that are old as f**k franchise QBs (#1 to #7): Brady, Big Ben, Palmer, Brees, Romo, Rivers, Eli

Teams with FUBAR QB issues (#1 to #3): Bears with Cutler, Browns with RGIII, 49ers with Kaepernick/Gabbert

So using this as a guide, here are my results:

1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Russell Wilson
3) Tom Brady
4) Big Ben
5) Cam Newton
6) Carson Palmer
7) Andrew Luck
8) Drew Brees
9) Andy Dalton
10) Tony Romo
11) Matt Ryan
12) Philip Rivers
13) Derek Carr
14) Blake Bortles
15) Eli Manning
16) Joe Flacco
17) Alex Smith
18) Jameis Winston
19) Kirk Cousins
20) Matthew Stafford
21) Marcus Mariota
22) Tyrod Taylor
23) Ryan Tannehill
24) Brock Osweiler
25) Teddy Bridgewater
26) Jared Goff
27) Paxton Lynch
28) Carson Wentz
29) Christian Hackenberg
30) Jay Cutler
31) RGIII
32) Kaepernick/Gabbert

So, Andy Dalton is at #9 on my list.

BTW Bradford and Fitzpatrick would be right above RGIII, Sanchez would be at #32
Reply/Quote
Just makes the top half imo. Yes, he is consistent and has proven himself as a franchise QB but he's just not there yet. He has the ceiling to grow though. I'll revisit this thread next off season.

Reply/Quote
Choose your top 10.

Supplant or substitute or replace or inject or...um... place each QB in this particular offense.

Ask yourself, what would that QB do... how would they perform ... with this offense.

Would Brady or Breez do better or worse than what Andy has done? Would we have a team that was worse, or a team that has already won the whole kit and kabengal?

IMO, a QB would have to reallllllly be horrible to not be successful with the talent on this offense. I'm thinking that most starting QBs in this league, out of the 32, would have some pretty good stats.

Is Andy all that good? Or has he just taken advantage of his fortunate situation? How would Andy perform up in New England, ... or Detroit... or Dallas... or Tampa?

Andy is not a horrible QB. He isn't phenomenal either. Yet, he is talented enough and intelligent enough to take advantage of his opportunities. He's better than average. I'll give him that. ...top ten.
Reply/Quote
Not exactly sure where to rank Dalton,but I'm glad he's our QB and we don't have a QB carousel trying out different QBs every other week like some teams I won't mention including one that is located along the banks of a certain lake to the north northeast of Cincinnati.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I went through the list of QBs and counted up who I would take over Andy.

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Philip Rivers
Drew Brees
Ben Rothlisberger ( Sick )

It's close but I think Dalton is 6. He could easily be close to the top 3 by the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
I might as well make this thread my first post. When I looked over the list of QBs and started counting, I came to the conclusion most did - he's in the 9 - 12 range.
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen this Russell Martin guy play yet. With that said, i still feel comfortable putting Dalton in the 6-8 range.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 11:29 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I went through the list of QBs and counted up who I would take over Andy.

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Philip Rivers
Drew Brees
Ben Rothlisberger ( Sick )

It's close but I think Dalton is 6. He could easily be close to the top 3 by the end of the year.

... seriously? Dalton's a better QB than Newton and Manning? ... Romo? ... Palmer? 

C'mon mannnuh, I respect optimism and loyalty, but geesh. What about being honest with oneself? 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 12:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought that too at first, but what I think he is saying is that Green missed 4-5 games that year and Sanu took his place as top WR. So Benjamin > a mix of Green and Sanu at #1.

(05-16-2016, 12:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: This is correct. Green wasn't playing healthy a lot of the games he played and he completely missed some games too.

And really it was very hard for me to put Olsen = to Eifert. Realistically Olsen has much better stats.

(05-16-2016, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right. I remember he was used strictly as a decoy vs Denver. 

Ah. Gotcha.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 09:11 AM)Leather Face Wrote: ... seriously? Dalton's a better QB than Newton and Manning? ... Romo? ... Palmer? 

C'mon mannnuh, I respect optimism and loyalty, but geesh. What about being honest with oneself? 

LOL.

Manning doesn't play anymore...

Dalton is better than Palmer and Romo, Dalton isn't injury prone like Romo (Although he did get injured but first time in his career).
Dalton is much more younger and better than Palmer, Palmer had a great season but I would Dalton over Palmer anyday. I do disagree with the Newton one though, Newton is better than Dalton.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 10:59 AM)milksheikh Wrote: LOL.

Manning doesn't play anymore...

Dalton is better than Palmer and Romo, Dalton isn't injury prone like Romo (Although he did get injured but first time in his career).
Dalton is much more younger and better than Palmer, Palmer had a great season but I would Dalton over Palmer anyday. I do disagree with the Newton one though, Newton is better than Dalton.

It's arguable if Newton is better than Dalton. Newton started off with a lot better weapons, and his stats have been on the decline other than last year. Dalton on the other hand has been on a steady incline (other than 2014 when all of his weapons were hurt). If you like looking at passer rating to compare QBs then Dalton has only had a worse passer rating their rookie year. If you bring up that Newton has had worse weapons than Dalton I think I make a very good argument against that.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 09:11 AM)Leather Face Wrote: ... seriously? Dalton's a better QB than Newton and Manning? ... Romo? ... Palmer? 

I'd take Newton over Dalton, but it's not exactly ridiculous to put Dalton up there with him. Sure, Newton won MVP last year, but Dalton was also in the discussion until he went down. They've always been close statistically. Dalton has a higher career completion percentage, 7 more TDs with 1 less game played, and his passer rating is a pinch higher. Cam smashes Andy in rushing stats though, so I guess it depends on how much you value rush stats.

I'm not sure why you're so high on Eli Manning. He's solid, sure, but I guess you're underestimating how good Dalton is? Last year Eli had a career high 93.6 passer rating. Dalton beat that by 12.6 rating points. Since 2011, Dalton has been better than Eli in nearly every efficiency stat, and we're talking about a developing QB vs a veteran.

I'll give you Romo. I think Romo is criminally underrated. Probably for the same reason Dalton is.

Palmer? Meh. I think they're neck and neck statistically since Palmer left. Palmer had a career year in '15. So did Dalton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
My list probably won't be that popular.

Brady
Rogers
Newton
Wilson
Rothlesburger
Rivers
Brees
Eli
Dalton
Flacco
Luck (He's beat up - would be higher if healthy)
Ryan
Palmer

Romo is too hard to grade cause he's missed too much time.

Reply/Quote
I say you give the guy Romo, but Palmer is better.
Reply/Quote
Have to go off what i saw lately and last year Andy Dalton was a top 5 QB before the injury.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 12:39 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I say you give the guy Romo, but Palmer is better.

I have Palmer over Romo for several reasons. 

1. Palmer has had one great season since 2005 while Romo has made a habit of posting great seasons.
2. Romo's career passer rating is 97.1 while Palmer's is 88.1. Pretty substantial gap there. 
3. Palmer has actually missed more games due to injury than Romo over the course of their careers.
4. Despite his label as a choke artist, Romo has more playoff wins than Palmer.

Even if you only look at the last 3 years while Palmer has been playing well as a Cardinal, Romo still has a better rating over those 3 seasons, has just as many playoff wins, and only missed 4 more games due to injury.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We've come a long way in 2 years. All Dalton needs is a playoff win. That's really the only thing people have on him anymore. I say top 10. He's yet to regress (knock on wood).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote