Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate the Position
Your boy bfine works hard during the “dead period” to keep the boards interesting and a place folks like to visit (Just completed All-Board team). So around this time of year. I’ve always said bump the experts and the Message Board will rate our own team by position compared to the rest of the NFL (SIRIUS NFL is currently doing a series).

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to link previous year’s results, as I have done in the past. So we will have to start anew. One of the complaints (there is always folks that do) is that we cannot do this until TC rolls around. Believe me the other media sources are doing it during this time of year and when TC rolls around there will be a thousand other things to talk about.

WTS, I am going to submit a proposed Depth chart (ESPN. I did adjust the #2 TE). If there are any huge discrepancies feel free to voice your opinion here and we will iron it out before we start the process. We are only doing starters or guys used in heavy rotation (RB, 3rd WR, 2nd TE, Nickleback).

QB- ANDY DALTON
RB- JEREMY HILL/ GIO BERNARD
FB- RYAN HEWITT
WR- AJ GREEN, MARVIN JONES, MO SANU
TE- TYLER EIFERT, TYLER KROFT
C- RUSSELL BODINE
OG- KEVIN ZEITLER, CLINT BOLING
OT- ANDREW WHITWORTH, ANDRE SMITH
DE- CARLOS DUNLAP, MICHAEL JOHNSON
DT- GENO ATKINS, DOMATA PEKO
LBs- VONTAZE BURFICT, REY MAUALUGA, MANNY LAMUR
CBs- DRE KIRKPATRICK, ADAM JONES, LEON HALL
S- REGGIE NELSON, GEORGE ILOKA

Hopefully we can start with the QB this weekend. That should generate some “discussion”.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What has been the latest word on Burfict?

Are you doing projected starters to begin the year or projected starters assuming the whole roster is healthy?
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 03:38 PM)djs7685 Wrote: What has been the latest word on Burfict?

Are you doing projected starters to begin the year or projected starters assuming the whole roster is healthy?

We will go under the assumption that all are healthy.

Reply/Quote
CB i say is our Strongest Position and OT's being the deepest...
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We will go under the assumption that all are healthy.

In that case, I can't really see any reason to hold off on starting for much longer. There aren't many spots that are even debatable as to who would be starting assuming the whole team is healthy.

Hawk at LB? Dennard at CB? The only couple that I can think of would pretty much be random guesses more than anything.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 03:46 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I will edit this if you can clarify, please...

Are we rating the individual starting position groups against all of the NFL?

So, if the Seahawks CBs rank 1, I would rank the Bengals accordingly?

Or, is this ranking the position groups from strongest to weakest just against the other position groups inside the Bengals?

If he's doing it the same as from the old boards, it will be comparing our guys to the others around the league as in your first example.

He lists every player for each other team in the thread too so you don't have to go out hunting for every player on each team if you are unsure.

Bfine does a great job with these. It's always a very fun set of threads.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 03:46 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I will edit this if you can clarify, please...

Are we rating the individual starting position groups against all of the NFL?

So, if the Seahawks CBs rank 1, I would rank the Bengals accordingly?

Or, is this ranking the position groups from strongest to weakest just against the other position groups inside the Bengals?

It will be how we stack up against the rest of the NFL and there will be "ranking windows" and they will expand/contract based on National Opinion for polling.

For instance if we were doing RB. The poll might look like:

Where do you rank Hill and Gio?
2-3
4-5
5-10
11-20
21-32

If we were doing WRs. The poll might look like:

Where do you rank AJ, marvin, Mo?
1-5
6-10
10-15
16-25
26-32

Reply/Quote
Number 1 for all except QB... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 05:28 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Number 1 for all except QB... Ninja

Same goes for coaching staff (excluding Vance Joseph, who is number 1 as well) Ninja
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 05:28 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Number 1 for all except QB... Ninja

I knew you'd come around!  Ninja Confused ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
QB- ANDY DALTON 20th
RB- JEREMY HILL/ GIO BERNARD 2-5
FB- RYAN HEWITT 1st
WR- AJ GREEN, MARVIN JONES, MO SANU 5-10
TE- TYLER EIFERT, TYLER KROFT 5-10
C- RUSSELL BODINE 20-30
OG- KEVIN ZEITLER, CLINT BOLING 5-10
OT- ANDREW WHITWORTH, ANDRE SMITH 5-10
DE- CARLOS DUNLAP, MICHAEL JOHNSON 10-15
DT- GENO ATKINS, DOMATA PEKO 2-5
LBs- VONTAZE BURFICT, REY MAUALUGA, MANNY LAMUR 15-20
CBs- DRE KIRKPATRICK, ADAM JONES, LEON HALL 20-25
S- REGGIE NELSON, GEORGE ILOKA 10-15
Reply/Quote
QB- ANDY DALTON 15-17
RB- JEREMY HILL/ GIO BERNARD 5
FB- RYAN HEWITT 1
WR- AJ GREEN, MARVIN JONES, MO SANU 6
TE- TYLER EIFERT, TYLER KROFT 23 - Unproven, but talent is there.
C- RUSSELL BODINE 22 - Did just ok as a rookie, expecting more this year.
OG- KEVIN ZEITLER, CLINT BOLING 11
OT- ANDREW WHITWORTH, ANDRE SMITH 3
DE- CARLOS DUNLAP, MICHAEL JOHNSON 8 - Benefit from rebounding Atkins and expanded rotation. These two will be fresh all game.
DT- GENO ATKINS, DOMATA PEKO 5 - Atkins rebounds, so Peko benefits.
LBs- VONTAZE BURFICT, REY MAUALUGA, MANNY LAMUR 20 - Don't see Burfict being back to battery yet, so just can't rate this unit all that high. If Maualuga gets hurt, this group drops to 30.
CBs- DRE KIRKPATRICK, ADAM JONES, LEON HALL 5 - But I expect Dennard to be on the field quite a bit, so there's depth and quality here. Hall will be the slot corner.
S- REGGIE NELSON, GEORGE ILOKA 5 - Together these two play at a high level.

Our secondary was very good last year, so I rated them as a group.

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 02:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your boy bfine works hard during the “dead period” to keep the boards interesting and a place folks like to visit (Just completed All-Board team). So around this time of year. I’ve always said bump the experts and the Message Board will rate our own team by position compared to the rest of the NFL (SIRIUS NFL is currently doing a series).

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to link previous year’s results, as I have done in the past. So we will have to start anew. One of the complaints (there is always folks that do) is that we cannot do this until TC rolls around. Believe me the other media sources are doing it during this time of year and when TC rolls around there will be a thousand other things to talk about.

WTS, I am going to submit a proposed Depth chart (ESPN. I did adjust the #2 TE). If there are any huge discrepancies feel free to voice your opinion here and we will iron it out before we start the process. We are only doing starters or guys used in heavy rotation (RB, 3rd WR, 2nd TE, Nickleback).

QB- ANDY DALTON
RB- JEREMY HILL/ GIO BERNARD
FB- RYAN HEWITT
WR- AJ GREEN, MARVIN JONES, MO SANU
TE- TYLER EIFERT, TYLER KROFT
C- RUSSELL BODINE
OG- KEVIN ZEITLER, CLINT BOLING
OT- ANDREW WHITWORTH, ANDRE SMITH
DE- CARLOS DUNLAP, MICHAEL JOHNSON
DT- GENO ATKINS, DOMATA PEKO
LBs- VONTAZE BURFICT, REY MAUALUGA, MANNY LAMUR
CBs- DRE KIRKPATRICK, ADAM JONES, LEON HALL
S- REGGIE NELSON, GEORGE ILOKA

Hopefully we can start with the QB this weekend. That should generate some “discussion”.

(07-09-2015, 03:50 PM)djs7685 Wrote: In that case, I can't really see any reason to hold off on starting for much longer. There aren't many spots that are even debatable as to who would be starting assuming the whole team is healthy.

Hawk at LB? Dennard at CB? The only couple that I can think of would pretty much be random guesses more than anything.

I would say definitely Dennard at CB. The way Marv pimped him last year...at some point this year, maybe sooner than later, it's going to be DreK and Dennard. 

Didn't it take an injury for Burfict to finally hit the starting lineup? It shouldn't take that for Dennard if he's ready and TC/PreSeason will tell the tale. If he's ready, stop the favortism/veteran shit and get the most talented guys on the field. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 08:15 PM)PDub80 Wrote: QB- ANDY DALTON 20th
FB- RYAN HEWITT 1st
C- RUSSELL BODINE 20-30

(07-09-2015, 08:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: QB- ANDY DALTON 15-17
RB- JEREMY HILL/ GIO BERNARD 5
FB- RYAN HEWITT 1
WR- AJ GREEN, MARVIN JONES, MO SANU 6
TE- TYLER EIFERT, TYLER KROFT 23 - Unproven, but talent is there.
C- RUSSELL BODINE 22 - Did just ok as a rookie, expecting more this year.
OG- KEVIN ZEITLER, CLINT BOLING 11
OT- ANDREW WHITWORTH, ANDRE SMITH 3
DE- CARLOS DUNLAP, MICHAEL JOHNSON 8 - Benefit from rebounding Atkins and expanded rotation. These two will be fresh all game.
DT- GENO ATKINS, DOMATA PEKO 5 - Atkins rebounds, so Peko benefits.
LBs- VONTAZE BURFICT, REY MAUALUGA, MANNY LAMUR 20 - Don't see Burfict being back to battery yet, so just can't rate this unit all that high. If Maualuga gets hurt, this group drops to 30.
CBs- DRE KIRKPATRICK, ADAM JONES, LEON HALL 5 - But I expect Dennard to be on the field quite a bit, so there's depth and quality here. Hall will be the slot corner.
S- REGGIE NELSON, GEORGE ILOKA 5 - Together these two play at a high level.

Our secondary was very good last year, so I rated them as a group.

WHOA!! Calm down dudes. This will be a poll, like the "all" team. He will start off with, like he said, QB and give the options and the starters from other teams...then you choose where each position group rates (in your mind).

ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 09:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: WHOA!! Calm down dudes. This will be a poll, like the "all" team. He will start off with, like he said, QB and give the options and the starters from other teams...then you choose where each position group rates (in your mind).

ThumbsUp

I'm sorry. I was too psyched from reading this article and watching this AD probowl clip.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/26/andy-dalton-got-booed-off-the-pro-bowl-field/

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/559570393795551234
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 10:20 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I'm sorry. I was too psyched from reading this article and watching this AD probowl clip.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/26/andy-dalton-got-booed-off-the-pro-bowl-field/

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/559570393795551234

Haha. Wow! I'd forgotten how atrocious Dalton was in that PB.  Shocked

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 09:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: WHOA!! Calm down dudes. This will be a poll, like the "all" team. He will start off with, like he said, QB and give the options and the starters from other teams...then you choose where each position group rates (in your mind).

ThumbsUp

Well, I didn't know that. LOL

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 10:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Haha. Wow! I'd forgotten how atrocious Dalton was in that PB.  Shocked

- Best offensive weapons in football? CHECK
- Defensive rules put in place to inflate offensive production? CHECK
- Postseason game? CHECK
- Throw a wounded duck to the corner of the end zone from the 20? CHECK

Sounds like it's Dalton's time to get BOOED OUT OF THE FREAKNG PROBOWL after going 9 of 20 for a passer rating of 54 and having the worst throw possible at the the end of the game.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 08:15 PM)PDub80 Wrote: QB- ANDY DALTON 20th
FB- RYAN HEWITT 1st
C- RUSSELL BODINE 20-30

QB- ANDY DALTON 12th

RB- JEREMY HILL/ GIO BERNARD 2
FB- RYAN HEWITT 3
WR- AJ GREEN, MARVIN JONES, MO SANU (if we add a burner like Alford I would rank this group 8th)
TE- TYLER EIFERT, TYLER KROFT (Kroft and Uzomah are unknowns, but I would go with 10th)
C- RUSSELL BODINE 15- Doesn't get the appreciation as a run blocker...will be much better in year 2. 
OG- KEVIN ZEITLER, CLINT BOLING 5- Love this young tandem and they have solid depth behind them
OT- ANDREW WHITWORTH, ANDRE SMITH 3- If you consider the potential depth behind them of Fisher and Ogubehi
DE- CARLOS DUNLAP, MICHAEL JOHNSON 10- I have high hopes for Clarke and Hunt to bust in to this group and get the rotation in full swing
DT- GENO ATKINS, DOMATA PEKO 8- I need to see it out of Geno again, but I like the depth with Thompson and Sims (and potentially Hardison)
LBs- VONTAZE BURFICT, REY MAUALUGA, MANNY LAMUR 20- Issues covering backs and TEs
CBs- DRE KIRKPATRICK, ADAM JONES, LEON HALL 3- I think that Dre and Dennard begin a new era and impact this team's lack of INTs in a good way)
S- REGGIE NELSON, GEORGE ILOKA 10- Depth is an issue, but George has come on strong here.  I hope Reggie can keep up his level of play.  He was been a real find. 
Reply/Quote