Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate the position
Every year I do a series of thread where we compare our positions to those of the rest of the league. We will carry on that tradition. Unfortunately each year folks complain about the numbers I use. For instance I will list our top 2 CBs and folks would say you should have used 3, ect...

So before we begin I am going to list the position and the depth. If you disagree do so here:

QB- 1
RB- 2
WR- 3
TE-  2
T- 2
Interior OL- 3
DT-2 (I take liberty in assigning 3-4s for the front 7)
DE- 2
LB-3
CB-3
S-2
P/K/LS- Just playing
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How about doing it like this....

QB- A.
RB- A-
WR- B
TE-  B+
T- B
Interior OL- B-
DT- A-
DE- B
LB-C+
CB-B
S-B+
Reply/Quote
Not sure you should list 2 RB or 2 TE.

-A lot of teams don't run 2 TE sets (there were only 33 TE who played at least 50% of the offensive snaps in 2015, there were only 30 TE who had at least 32 catches, or 2 per game so how do you rate blocking TE vs receiving TE?)

-Listing 2 RB just because the Bengals have Gio and Hill feels like it would hurt teams that have one legitimate everydown RB. That would be like someone who's an Eagles fan doing this and listing like 3 or 4 QBs, or however many the hell they have collected again this year.

Also need to mention if you're doing this as the opening day roster (no Burfict) or once he returns.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2016, 10:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure you should list 2 RB or 2 TE.

-A lot of teams don't run 2 TE sets (there were only 33 TE who played at least 50% of the offensive snaps in 2015, there were only 30 TE who had at least 32 catches, or 2 per game so how do you rate blocking TE vs receiving TE?)

-Listing 2 RB just because the Bengals have Gio and Hill feels like it would hurt teams that have one legitimate everydown RB. That would be like someone who's an Eagles fan doing this and listing like 3 or 4 QBs, or however many the hell they have collected again this year.

Also need to mention if you're doing this as the opening day roster (no Burfict) or once he returns.

I can see 1 TE, but most teams play 2 RBs. To be honest I thought of going 3

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 01:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I can see 1 TE, but most teams play 2 RBs. To be honest I thought of going 3

Looking at it more, I take back my RB opinion. Here's offensive snaps for their teams...

2015: 15 played 50%+, 6 at 60%+
2014: 16 played 50%+, 9 at 60%+, 3 at 70%+, 2 at 80%+, and 1 at 90%+
2013: 22 played 50%+, 12 at 60%+, 6 at 70%+, and 1 at 80%+
2012: 19 played 50%+, 13 at 60%+, 7 at 70%+, and 1 at 80%+

Dang... college has really messed up the NFL.

(Still stand by my 1 TE opinion, though.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not exactly sure what it is you're doing here. Is it comparing the Bengals to league averages?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nick Vigil is on our team.
Game Over
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 03:39 AM)grampahol Wrote: Not exactly sure what it is you're doing here. Is it comparing the Bengals to league averages?

We will vote them compare to the rest of the league. For instance:

Rate our kicker compared to the rest of the league:

1. Top 5
2. 6-10
3. 11-16
4. 17-25
5. 26-32

You then vote in the poll and explain your reasoning.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2016, 10:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Also need to mention if you're doing this as the opening day roster (no Burfict) or once he returns.

We will include players who are facing a suspension for less than 8 games. For instance we will consider Tom Brady when evaluating NE QB

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 10:03 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Nick Vigil is on our team.
Game Over
Ninja

Thank goodness. We can now replace 5 LB slots and add additional players to the roster. Nick Vigil will play all LB positions and one DT position. I know why not both DT positions, but let's be realistic, he's not Zeus for cry'n out loud. We now have the new "double nickel" defensive package with 7 CB/SS. Can't wait to see this in the Super Bowl!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2016, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Every year I do a series of thread where we compare our positions to those of the rest of the league. We will carry on that tradition. Unfortunately each year folks complain about the numbers I use. For instance I will list our top 2 CBs and folks would say you should have used 3, ect...

So before we begin I am going to list the position and the depth. If you disagree do so here:

QB- 1
RB- 2
WR- 3
TE-  2
T- 2
Interior OL- 3
DT-2 (I take liberty in assigning 3-4s for the front 7)
DE- 2
LB-3
CB-3
S-2
P/K/LS- Just playing
I suggest whatever you do, depth is factored in to the equation. There will be injuries by all teams so to assume none is a mistake. It is the teams with the most depth that win games. My thought is this is your thread though, so your final decision on how many you rank at each position.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 11:35 AM)SFmajor Wrote: Thank goodness. We can now replace 5 LB slots and add additional players to the roster. Nick Vigil will play all LB positions and one DT position. I know why not both DT positions, but let's be realistic, he's not Zeus for cry'n out loud. We now have the new "double nickel" defensive package with 7 CB/SS. Can't wait to see this in the Super Bowl!!!!

Glad you're onboard !

I did use a ninja though.
Reply/Quote
QB- A
RB- B
WR- A
TE- B
T- C
Interior OL- D
DT- B
DE- B
LB- C
CB- A
S- B
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 11:35 AM)SFmajor Wrote: Thank goodness. We can now replace 5 LB slots and add additional players to the roster. Nick Vigil will play all LB positions and one DT position. I know why not both DT positions, but let's be realistic, he's not Zeus for cry'n out loud. We now have the new "double nickel" defensive package with 7 CB/SS. Can't wait to see this in the Super Bowl!!!!
Why not just Nick Vigil and a player to be named later. Man! Think of the savings on payroll! He can be both the defense AND offense with the player to be named later just there to keep him company.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote