Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(06-08-2015, 12:25 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Good teams do it. Someday Cincy will catch on.  Smirk

You're right. It happens all the time when a team loses that many of their top players...

I must have seen it about 10,000 times myself.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:29 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're right. It happens all the time when a team loses that many of their top players...

I must have seen it about 10,000 times myself.

Funny that you consider some of those players as "top" players.

But yeah Bengals injuries > every team in the NFL's injuries Tongue
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 04:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Didn't Marvin and the Bengals beat Harbaugh's Ravens by 17 to close out 2013 in a game the Ravens had to win to keep their playoff hopes alive?

Lewis isn't a great coach, but he's far from terrible.  The Bengals are better on paper than they were last year, and they dealt with tons of injuries, including their three best players for parts of the season, and still won 10 games and made the playoffs.  There's not much reason to think they won't make it this year.  

Bengals are going to have teams rushing and chip shooting them to death as the linebackers will struggle. The only thing the Steelers got going for them on defense are the linebackers.

Anyway, here's my retort to your argument: The Ravens are also better on paper than last year and they dealt with a ton of injuries as well (more than the Bengals) and still went further in the playoffs. There's not much reason to think they won't make it this year. 

I used your own stupid argument against you. Why should anyone take your word that the Ravens won't make the playoffs when they meet the same criteria you set out for the Bengals making it? 

Make some more silly crap up.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:26 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: Bengals are going to have teams rushing and chip shooting them to death as the linebackers will struggle. The only thing the Steelers got going for them on defense are the linebackers.

Anyway, here's my retort to your argument: The Ravens are also better on paper than last year and they dealt with a ton of injuries as well (more than the Bengals) and still went further in the playoffs. There's not much reason to think they won't make it this year. 

I used your own stupid argument against you. Why should anyone take your word that the Ravens won't make the playoffs when they meet the same criteria you set out for the Bengals making it? 

the ravens were missing more starters??? please name them
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:19 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I hate the injury EXCUSE. Yeah the Bengals had their share of injuries. However, so did the Ravens. And to say one injury is greater than another is being a homer. 

One poster's opinion that some of the Ravens injured players were not significant. Yet most of the Bengals players injured would appear insignificant to most fans outside of Cincy. 

Injury excuses are lame. 

I agree. If your team doesn't have depth, then the team's staff isn't doing it right. In other words, if your team falls apart, because you're missing a linebacker or a running back, then you pretty much suck. Plain and simple.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:19 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I hate the injury EXCUSE. Yeah the Bengals had their share of injuries. However, so did the Ravens. And to say one injury is greater than another is being a homer. 

One poster's opinion that some of the Ravens injured players were not significant. Yet most of the Bengals players injured would appear insignificant to most fans outside of Cincy. 

Injury excuses are lame. 

This is just not true. So losing your QB or WR is = to losing a Guard or TE? 

I REALLY hate injury excuses also. but to think one injury (losing a star WR) is equal to losing a # 3 CB is crazy (or anything along those lines). 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 02:24 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is just not true. So losing your QB or WR is = to losing a Guard or TE? 

I REALLY hate injury excuses also. but to think one injury (losing a star WR) is equal to losing a # 3 CB is crazy (or anything along those lines). 

Bengals may have faired better without Dalton Tongue  Comparing ONE injury to another isn't equivilent but when the injuries stack up it does make a difference in scheme, rotation and skillset.

Losing #1 CB is equal to losing #1 WR
Reply/Quote

Injury excuses are lame. 

I'm not big on injury excuses, but there's a point where a position group gets so decimated that anybody can look at it and tell that it impacted the club. The four WR's and 2 TE's that the Bengals had available combined for 94 catches for 1159 yards and 6 TD's. That's an average of 15.6 catches for 193.2 yards and 1 TD apiece, which is totally wretched. What's worse is that 56 catches, 790 yards, and 5 TD's was Sanu. That means the other 5 guys averaged 7.6 catches for 73.8 yards and .2 TD's. The Bengals had nobody left that could beat man coverage and that left the Colts free to put 8-9 in the box and blitz freely on passing downs.. I don't know of many, if any, teams that would be successful in a playoff game with that many skill players out.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:26 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: Bengals are going to have teams rushing and chip shooting them to death as the linebackers will struggle. The only thing the Steelers got going for them on defense are the linebackers.

If you think the Ravens are better on paper than they were last year, then you need to quit mixing up the triple strength pitchers of purple Kool Aid.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 07:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you think the Ravens are better on paper than they were last year, then you need to quit mixing up the triple strength pitchers of purple Kool Aid.

Ravens are turd bait and they will not make the playoffs this year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 07:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you think the Ravens are better on paper than they were last year, then you need to quit mixing up the triple strength pitchers of purple Kool Aid.

Anyone with a clue agrees with the notion that they are. You are the turd in the punch bowl. 

NOBODY has said the Bengals are going to be a better team...except for the turd in the punch bowl. 

Are the Bengals going to move up one spot this season to be ranked 31st in sacks or something?  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:29 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: Anyone with a clue agrees with the notion that they are. You are the turd in the punch bowl. 

NOBODY has said the Bengals are going to be a better team...except for the turd in the punch bowl. 

Are the Bengals going to move up one spot this season to be ranked 31st in sacks or something?  Tongue

The Ravens are weaker up front on D with the losses of McPhee and Ngata. They lost one of the league's top return men in Jacoby Jones. They lost their #2 WR in Torrey Smith and drafted two extremely raw rookies to try and replace him. Of course, everybody here knows how totally inept Ozzie is at drafting WR's, so you're probably looking at a drop off in production there. Maxx Williams and Nick Boyle will have a hard time filling the shoes of Pitta and Daniels. But hey, you probably upgraded at S.

The Bengals lost Gresham, Newman[who slid out of the starting lineup at the end of the year], Pollak, Sanzenbacher, and Taylor Mays. They added Paul Dawson and AJ Hawk at LB, so they got deeper at the very least there. TZBCZZWhey got deeper on the OL with Ogbuehi and Fisher. They got deeper at WR with Denarius Moore and Alford. They got better and deeper on the DL with MJ, Sims, and Hardison.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 11:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Ravens are weaker up front on D with the losses of McPhee and Ngata. 

Losing Ngata is big. Wish he could've finished his career in Bmore. A bright spot is that during his 4 game suspension. The DL didn't skip a beat and still performed great without him.
I can guarantee you didn't even know who McPhee was prior to last year. The one strong/deep position the Ravens have is DL.

(06-08-2015, 11:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: They lost their #2 WR in Torrey Smith and drafted two extremely raw rookies to try and replace him. Of course, everybody here knows how totally inept Ozzie is at drafting WR's, so you're probably looking at a drop off in production there.

Since Ozzie is so bad at drafting WR losing T. Smith shouldn't be hard to replace according to your logic.

(06-08-2015, 11:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: Maxx Williams and Nick Boyle will have a hard time filling the shoes of Pitta and Daniels. But hey, you probably upgraded at S.

Pitts hasn't even really played in the last TWO years. I could replace Pittas production. Shouldn't be difficult for Williams to come in and produce. Along with Gilmore and/or Boyle.

(06-08-2015, 11:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Bengals lost Gresham, Newman[who slid out of the starting lineup at the end of the year], Pollak, Sanzenbacher, and Taylor Mays. 

Sure down play Bengals losses but over hype the Ravens. Definition of a Homer.

(06-08-2015, 11:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: They added Paul Dawson and AJ Hawk at LB, so they got deeper at the very least there. 

Bengals were hurting with injuries to LB last season. Ravens were decimated in the secondary. Yet you rave about the Bengals additions for depth but made no mention of the Ravens improving their secondary with the additions of K Arrington and K Lewis.

(06-08-2015, 11:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: TZBCZZWhey got deeper on the OL with Ogbuehi and Fisher.

Ohbuehi and Fisher were drafted for future not this season. Ohbuehi may not even be ready to play this year.

(06-08-2015, 11:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: They got deeper at WR with Denarius Moore and Alford.

Lol....what has Moore done in the league? Alford is raw and needs to develop. Like you said of Ravens draftees.
(06-08-2015, 11:03 PM)Whatever Wrote:  They got better and deeper on the DL with MJ, Sims, and Hardison.
No mention of Ravens adding C Davis, Z. Smith to already deep rotation.

Re read your bias post and stop inhaling the orange smoke.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:29 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: Anyone with a clue agrees with the notion that they are. You are the turd in the punch bowl. 

Didnt the ravens finish behind the Bengals in the division....as well as getting beaten by them twice? Dont be mad that the Bengals are a better team than the ravens.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 10:46 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Lol....what has Moore done in the league?

To be fair, he was stuck in Oakland.

That being said and barring 2014, he was a 600-700 yard/year receiver.
Reasonable, given he was attempting to survive in the black hole.
I'm not sure what was up in 2014, as I never watched the Rayduhs.

http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/Denarius-Moore/fc782598-5949-4279-85ed-149edd6c8c0a
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 10:52 AM)Beaker Wrote: Didnt the ravens finish behind the Bengals in the division....as well as getting beaten by them twice? Dont be mad that the Bengals are a better team than the ravens.

Yo, Dum Dum, what's that got to do with improved rosters for this year? 

Go start some more useless threads or something. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 02:19 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: Yo, Dum Dum, what's that got to do with improved rosters for this year? 

Go start some more useless threads or something. ThumbsUp

Bengals roster has improved...ravens, not so much. And we were still a better team than the ravens last season, so you lost ground. Careful or the browns may catch you.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 02:43 PM)Beaker Wrote: Bengals roster has improved...ravens, not so much. And we were still a better team than the ravens last season, so you lost ground. Careful or the browns may catch you.

Improved from what? You guys still don't have a D and you can't pass rush for crap. Did Marv sprinkle some magic fairy dust on them or something? There were individuals on other teams that got more sacks than the entire Bengals defense. I guess thinking they are going to move up from being ranked 32nd in sacks to 31st would, technically speaking, be "an improvement". Even with the new personnel they still aren't going to be the badasses Bengal fans are apparently so proud of.

And you still have Scamdy on offense holding back the actual talent the Bengals do have and their draftee's aren't plug and play guys.

The Ravens are pretty much stacked at each position now. I would have liked one more corner (maybe even one more rusher), but everything else is good to go at this time.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 10:46 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Losing Ngata is big. Wish he could've finished his career in Bmore. A bright spot is that during his 4 game suspension. The DL didn't skip a beat and still performed great without him.
I can guarantee you didn't even know who McPhee was prior to last year. The one strong/deep position the Ravens have is DL.

Since Ozzie is so bad at drafting WR losing T. Smith shouldn't be hard to replace according to your logic.

Pitts hasn't even really played in the last TWO years. I could replace Pittas production. Shouldn't be difficult for Williams to come in and produce. Along with Gilmore and/or Boyle.

Sure down play Bengals losses but over hype the Ravens. Definition of a Homer.

Bengals were hurting with injuries to LB last season. Ravens were decimated in the secondary. Yet you rave about the Bengals additions for depth but made no mention of the Ravens improving their secondary with the additions of K Arrington and K Lewis.

Ohbuehi and Fisher were drafted for future not this season. Ohbuehi may not even be ready to play this year.

Lol....what has Moore done in the league? Alford is raw and needs to develop. Like you said of Ravens draftees.
No mention of Ravens adding C Davis, Z. Smith to already deep rotation.

Re read your bias post and stop inhaling the orange smoke.

McPhee has been a solid player for the Ravens for a while. Just because you're ignorant of the other AFCN teams players does not mean their fans are completely ignorant of yours. The reason I did not mention Nicks and Smith is because you lost Ngata and McPhee and replaced them with a couple of mid round rookies. You did not get better in your front seven. You still got worse, even with their additions. Similarly, you didn't see me talking up the additions of Kroft and Uzumah because we lost Gresham.

Torrey Smith is the one hit Ozzie has had at WR, and even he was a good #2 instead of a true #1. There's a reason why you guys have to get WR's like Mason, Boldin, and Smith via trade and FA. Ozzie blows some high pick on a WR, then has to go out and find a veteran after a couple of years when they don't pan out. The Browns have about as much mathematical chance of making the playoffs as Ozzie does of drafting a true starting caliber WR.

I was referring to both teams' rosters at the start of the season, and not injured guys. The Bengals have Eifert and Jones who both basically missed the whole year on offense and Burfict will be back at some point on D after missing most of the year. Not to mention Green, Smith, Wright, and getting Atkins and Hall back to 100%.

The Bengals wound up having to sign Eric Winston off the street last year to start at RT. Whit and Smith are still the starters this year, but the Bengals are well insured now if there are injuries...hence why they are deeper. Ogbuehi has stated that his rehab is on track to have him ready by training camp. At worst, he starts on the PUP, but he should be ready to play this year.

Moore caught 51 passes for 741 yards and 7 TD's in 2012 under Hue Jackson in 2012. Both he and Alford have deep speed and the Bengals need another deep threat to draw some attention off of Green. They are both certainly upgrades as the 5th and 6th WR's over Tate and Sanzenbacher. Alford should be an upgrade as a KR, too.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 09:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: McPhee has been a solid player for the Ravens for a while.  Just because you're ignorant of the other AFCN teams players does not mean their fans are completely ignorant of yours.  The reason I did not mention Nicks and Smith is because you lost Ngata and McPhee and replaced them with a couple of mid round rookies.  You did not get better in your front seven.  You still got worse, even with their additions.  Similarly, you didn't see me talking up the additions of Kroft and Uzumah because we lost Gresham.

McPhee was a beast last year but was always a Kruger/Ellerbe/Art Jones type.

Your ignorance is bliss if you don't recognize if a situational player that plays only 47% of snaps and never started a game......... must prove that the team has a strong DL. And playing next to Suggs Ngata and Doom, Brandon Williams no doubt helped him.
let's remember through the first 5 or 6 games McPhee barely played and had little impact. Then he got sacks in consecutive games disappeared for a long stretch before finishing strong in the final 3 games and playoffs.

McPhee provided versatility, but we have to remember he wasn't an every down player, Ravens often put him in position to win one on one battles because the players around him would face double teams.  
His rookie I thought McPhee would be a breakout stud for us but then he faced nagging injuries next 2 seasons.
He actually followed Krugers path of uncertainty being moved from DE to OLB. Not doing much for multiple years then having success as a situational player. You are trying to make him into more than what he was to the franchise.

You were on the old board spewing about losses of Ellerbe, Kruger, Art Jones etc etc.

(06-09-2015, 09:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: Torrey Smith is the one hit Ozzie has had at WR, and even he was a good #2 instead of a true #1.  There's a reason why you guys have to get WR's like Mason, Boldin, and Smith via trade and FA.  Ozzie blows some high pick on a WR, then has to go out and find a veteran after a couple of years when they don't pan out.  The Browns have about as much mathematical chance of making the playoffs as Ozzie does of drafting a true starting caliber WR.

How silly.......Yeah Before TSmith. How often have the Ravens spent a high pick on a WR?? in what 2000 and 2005.

(06-09-2015, 09:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: I was referring to both teams' rosters at the start of the season, and not injured guys.  The Bengals have Eifert and Jones who both basically missed the whole year on offense and Burfict will be back at some point on D after missing most of the year.  Not to mention Green, Smith, Wright, and getting Atkins and Hall back to 100%.

Wow....EVERY team has players they count on coming back this year.

(06-09-2015, 09:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: Moore caught 51 passes for 741 yards and 7 TD's in 2012 under Hue Jackson in 2012.  Both he and Alford have deep speed and the Bengals need another deep threat to draw some attention off of Green.  They are both certainly upgrades as the 5th and 6th WR's over Tate and Sanzenbacher.  Alford should be an upgrade as a KR, too.

WTH??? Denis Allen was the coach in 2012. Not Hoe Jackson

There's plenty of players in the league with speed. Moore has speed, yet no hands. There's a reason why he's never been more than a #3 WR. But to each its own. I rarely see fans brag about their #5 or #6 WR. LOL.

Again you make reference to improving depth and players because of injuries but dismiss the fact the Ravens did just that to the weakest area on their team with their secondary. Keep being a homer.
Reply/Quote