Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens @ Browns Game Day
(12-01-2015, 10:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Didn't affect it in the sense that he wasn't really involved in the block.  Agree that if its called its a huge call.

Yeah....but only in that sense....poor Browns.  How in the hell do you miss one of the most elementary calls in the sport?  That's pathetic.  These bozos are making the replacement refs look like HOFers.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 10:39 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: update ur sig plz

LOL

No one asked me to hurry up and do that that last two weeks.

Hilarious

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Got back indeed...but remained lined up in the neutral zone.

As the article says, that didn't affect the play.  But its a penalty nonetheless.

I'm stunned the officials missed it.  Stunned.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/1/9825602/ravens-browns-ending-block-kick-six-refs-blown-call

The article has been updated with Dean Blandino explaining that the line on the screen was incorrect. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 06:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The article has been updated with Dean Blandino explaining that the line on the screen was incorrect. 

Of course it was.

I mean Blandino has years of experience!

Ninja
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 06:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The article has been updated with Dean Blandino explaining that the line on the screen was incorrect. 

.....and he's still in the neutral zone.....look where the ball is.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 08:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and he's still in the neutral zone.....look where the ball is.

Blandino is saying the center moved the ball almost 1-1/2 feet to prepare for the snap!   LOL
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 11:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Blandino is saying the center moved the ball almost 1-1/2 feet to prepare for the snap!   LOL

I see better than I hear ! LMAO

Reply/Quote

Were the hashmarks incorrect too?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 10:20 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Were the hashmarks incorrect too?

Blandino, I think, is using the same "sense" that MLB uses for the sliding into second rules:

1) The center moved the ball forward and this is what they all do and they let that slide.

2) Therefore the defender appears to be over where the ball is, but that is NOT the line of scrimmage (its back at the 33-1/2) so he is NOT offsides.

I have two problems with it: We don't see where the ball is set before the snap and the center would have had to move the ball almost 1-1/2 feet based on where the line of scrimmage was supposed to be.

Either way its moot as Deano has covered for the officials and other than a second chance (that the Browns would probably have screwed up anyway) that player didn't affect the play.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote