Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens Game As I Expected
I said the Bengals in Rebuild had played close games and coming off a Tie and a Win, but NOT ready for a Super Bowl Type Team like Ravens yet. My hope was O Line would not get Burrow killed. They did, but he walked away from it. Zac was smart at end to stop passing and just run the ball at end of loss.

I don't think some on this Site are realistic on how awful Bengals were in 2017, 2018 before Zac. Some continued to think Bengals had good players, They Did Not. The Bengals went into complete Rebuild on new coaches in 2019. In 2020 a new quarterback. But a complete rebuild takes a few years and a few drafts.

So as bad as 2017 and 2018 Bengals were, don't expect miracles. Hopefully Bengals will win around 6 games and that would be a turn around. There will be teams like Ravens this O Line has no business on same field with. That Burrow walked away from all these hits uninjured is a good day.

The Colts are OK, but they are not as good as Ravens. Hoping the Rebuild looks better against Colts. There are established powers the rebuild Bengals have no business on same field with, such as Ravens. Still, don't give up on the rebuild. It will take a few years to clean house and rebuild the awful players of 2017 and 2018 Marvin teams. Better luck against Colts, GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Rivers might gift us that game if the offense can do anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:18 AM)kevin Wrote: I said the Bengals in Rebuild had played close games and coming off a Tie and a Win, but NOT ready for a Super Bowl Type Team like Ravens yet.   My hope was O Line would not get Burrow killed.  They did, but he walked away from it.  Zac was smart at end to stop passing and just run the ball at end of loss.

I don't think some on this Site are realistic on how awful Bengals were in 2017, 2018 before Zac.  Some continued to think Bengals had good players, They Did Not.  The Bengals went into complete Rebuild on new coaches in 2019.  In 2020 a new quarterback.  But a complete rebuild takes a few years and a few drafts.  

So as bad as 2017 and 2018 Bengals were,  don't expect miracles.  Hopefully Bengals will win around 6 games and that would be a turn around.  There will be teams like Ravens this O Line has no business on same field with.  That Burrow walked away from all these hits uninjured is a good day.  

The Colts are OK, but they are not as good as Ravens.  Hoping the Rebuild looks better against Colts.  There are established powers the rebuild Bengals have no business on same field with, such as Ravens.  Still, don't give up on the rebuild.  It will take a few years to clean house and rebuild the awful players of 2017 and 2018 Marvin teams. Better luck against Colts, GO BENGALS.
Besides beating our line badly.. the Ravens really made Burrow look like a rookie today.. he was really off even when he had time and made some poor reads and decisions...  time to bounce back with the Colts... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:57 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Besides beating our line badly.. the Ravens really made Burrow look like a rookie today.. he was really off even when he had time and made some poor reads and decisions...  time to bounce back with the Colts... 

He looked bad because he got clobbered all game.  There may have been 5 pass plays all game he didn't get killed, but THAT will make him Gun Shy on those 5 plays.  Did you see his uniform. It wasn't white, black or orange.  By halftime it was Green from slammed into the turf every play. I thought maybe he had been traded to the Jets.   Lets not start being like Carson or Dalton getting killed every play and putting the blame on Carson and Palmer and now Burrow.  I remember all the Boo Birds on here against Carson and Dalton.  IF YOU DO NOT HAVE BLOCKING, IT IS NOT THE QUARTERBACKS FAULT.  

Mike Brown in letting Montoya go, in letting Whitworth and Zeitler go, always said in Media, " Why Should I Pay O Linemen. ".  

The Answer to Mike Brown is to protect your quarterback.  To not have awful 1990's or awful 2017 to 2020.  

So the Bengals ran out a rebuilding O Line that did OK against Jacksonville,  but not ready to take on a Baltimore just yet.  No Quarterback In The History Of NFL Could Have Won Behind Bengals O Line Taken To School By Ravens Defense All Game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The defense played well against that offense yesterday. I really think that when the rookie LBers fully adjust the defense will be really good.

Losing reader is going to be detrimental though. He was playing at a really high level.

The offense looks like they are 2 years away.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:17 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The defense played well against that offense yesterday. I really think that when the rookie LBers fully adjust the defense will be really good.

Losing reader is going to be detrimental though. He was playing at a really high level.

The offense looks like they are 2 years away.

I think it will be serviceable by next year, if we get some OL talent and perhaps some more WRs
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:28 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I think it will be serviceable by next year, if we get some OL talent and perhaps some more WRs

Build through the draft next year and mid rate FA, no reason to waste $$ when we are in a total rebuild 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 08:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Build through the draft next year and mid rate FA, no reason to waste $$ when we are in a total rebuild 

They took the Dalton contract and got some defense.  AJ Green Franchise Tag ends and what is that, 18 Million to fix O Line.  They should be able to fix O Line with 18 Mil and have money left over. RG and RT are awful, our right flank is wide open. 

Again, The Ravens were too much for Rebuild Bengals week 5.   27 to 3 does not surprise me.   Colts have a good D in 2020 also, but they are not as good as Ravens.  Bengals tied Eagles, beat Jaguars and have better chance with Colts than Ravens.  GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:31 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Rivers might gift us that game if the offense can do anything.

He did look terrible yesterday.

Reply/Quote
I'm surprised about how many people are shocked by the Baltimore game. We knew coming into the game we couldn't run the ball and that Baltimore was going to blitz us out the ass. Its not surprising that Baltimore destroyed us in Joes first real test. Also the Defense has played well in the game & have played well for the most part this season. 

Anyways this season isn't over if they win 2 out of the next three then we're looking at a 3-4-1 record at the halfway mark. The second half is very favorable  and I think there is a strong possibility that we can go 5-3 during that stretch.
8-7-1 could make the playoffs as a 7th seed.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote