Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ravens Interested In Colin Kaepernick
The Ravens are considering signing Kaepernick as Flacco's backup.

I don't even know why I'm surprised anymore by them considering their franchise icon is a known murderer and they kept Ray Rice after he knocked out his girlfriend until the public outcry got to be too much, but I guess I just figured they'd draw the line at taking a shit on the American flag and everyone who has ever put their life on the line for this country.

That franchise is such a joke and any of their fans should be ashamed of themselves.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 10:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Ravens are considering signing Kaepernick as Flacco's backup.

I don't even know why I'm surprised anymore by them considering their franchise icon is a known murderer and they kept Ray Rice after he knocked out his girlfriend until the public outcry got to be too much, but I guess I just figured they'd draw the line at taking a shit on the American flag and everyone who has ever put their life on the line for this country.

That franchise is such a joke and any of their fans should be ashamed of themselves.

So this will probably end up in PnR but all Kaepernick did was exercise his free speech.  He didn't break a single law.  That's the difference between the two.

As to the Ravens thinking about signing him I guess they think he still has the skill level that almost beat them in the Super Bowl?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 11:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: So this will probably end up in PnR but all Kaepernick did was exercise his free speech.  He didn't break a single law.  That's the difference between the two.

As to the Ravens thinking about signing him I guess they think he still has the skill level that almost beat them in the Super Bowl?

Very ture. Kap has the right to protest. 

But that doesn't mean we can't make fun of him for protesting oppression while supporting Fidel Castro. Kiko Alonso got the last laugh though.  ThumbsUp
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 11:19 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Very ture. Kap has the right to protest. 

But that doesn't mean we can't make fun of him for protesting oppression while supporting Fidel Castro. Kiko Alonso got the last laugh though.  ThumbsUp

I'm totally cool with people who disagree with him.  And people who think Ray Ray McStabby and Ray Rice the Tiny are dbags are good with me too.

Just making a distinction between them.

One was guilty and paid for it.
One was guilty and and did actual jail time.
One didn't break any laws.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 11:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: So this will probably end up in PnR but all Kaepernick did was exercise his free speech.  He didn't break a single law.  That's the difference between the two.

Just because he has the right to do it, that doesn't make it right.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 11:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm totally cool with people who disagree with him.  And people who think Ray Ray McStabby and Ray Rice the Tiny are dbags are good with me too.

Just making a distinction between them.

One was guilty and paid for it.
One was guilty and and did actual jail time.
One didn't break any laws.

It's about doing the right thing and the image of the team.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 11:45 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just because he has the right to do it, that doesn't make it right.

Yep.  And people can disagree with his stance.  No problem at all.
Reply/Quote
Please sign this bum.

Any team who would allow this cancer in there locker room deserves everything they get.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 01:15 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Please sign this bum.

Any team who would allow this cancer in there locker room deserves everything they get.

Totally agree! They should go for it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 01:15 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Please sign this bum.  

That's just politics getting int he way of seeing reality.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-wins-prestigious-award-voted-on-by-49ers-teammates/

Quote:If there was ever any question about whether or not Colin Kaepernick's decision to kneel for the national anthem was a divisive issue in the 49ers' locker room, that question was answered this week with a resounding no.

The quarterback was named the winner of the team's Len Eshmont award on Friday, which is the most prestigious team award that the 49ers hand out each season. The award was voted on by San Francisco players and is given to the 49er who "best exemplifies the inspirational and courageous play of Len Eshmont," according to the team's website.

The award was established in 1957 after Eshmont died. Eshmont was a member of the 49ers' first team in 1946, and spent four seasons with the team before moving on to a coaching career at Navy and Virginia.

By winning the Eshmont Award, Kaepernick joins a hallowed list of past 49ers players who have been given the award that includes Joe Montana, Steve Young, Roger Craig and Jerry Rice.

Not only was this Kaepernick's first time winning the award, but it was also his first time winning any team award during his six seasons in San Francisco.

Kaepernick has been a controversial figure in the NFL this year after he decided in August the he would be kneeling during the national anthem as a way to protest racial injustice. Although many people -- including NFL commissioner Roger Goodell -- disagreed with Kaepernick's form of protest, his decision never appeared to become an issue in the 49ers locker room.

Back in October, offensive lineman Joe Staley said Kaepernick's protest wasn't causing any kind of divide in the locker room.

"I feel the locker room is really close," Staley told CSN Bay Area. "I don't feel any of that division people from the outside are saying at all. I wouldn't need to tell you if there was. I think any kind of division like that is pretty evident. I don't think that's going on at all."

As for Kaepernick, he said on Wednesday that staying focused this season hasn't been that difficult for him, despite the controversy.[/url]

"When I step into this building my focus is football and what I have to do to try to win and try to help this team win and I think our players, our coaches all have that same mentality," Kaepernick said. "So, to me it's an easy environment to come into and work and make sure you're staying focused on that."

You can see a complete of list of who won each team award [url=http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Announce-2016-Team-Award-Recipients/84eb8ed4-29b2-4aba-bc2e-5f70b68065b0?sf48920533=1]in San Francisco by clicking here
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 10:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's just politics getting int he way of seeing reality.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-wins-prestigious-award-voted-on-by-49ers-teammates/

Has nothing to do with his politics.

1. He isn't that good.

2. He puts other things above the team.

3. He creates a distraction and is only a backu qb at best.

I truly hope he is signed by any AFCN team other than the bengals.
Reply/Quote
Let's all try to keep these arguments football based, and save the partisan political stances for P&R.

There are legitimate football reasons for Kaepernick to be unemployed. I listened to some sports radio guys talking about just that, today. Just so everyone knows, I was listening to "The Locker Room", on ESPN Radio, while driving down to visit my folks today. I'm not a regular listener of the show, so I can't give you actual names of the commentators. However, they made it very obvious that they were trying to avoid the political side of rationalizing Kaepernick's unemployment status, even going so far as to say that the NFL is in denial that that is the reason.

So, the football reasons.

1. He wants too much money. In the Ravens case, they have so much money committed to Flacco, that paying even 8-10M/per wouldn't even be a viable option for at least another two seasons. Bad cap management on the Ravens part, one might say.

2. Does Kaepernick even fit the Ravens Offensive scheme? Heck no. They would have to completely re-write their offensive game plan, in order to come up with something to compliment Kaepernick's physical abilities. And for what, a few weeks or a month or two? Flacco is coming back, he's their cash cow... literally

3. What about the rest of the NFL, why aren't they signing Kaepernick? He's a tremendous physical talent, but his skill set is so narrow. Only a small handful of NFL teams would have a genuine interest in Kaepernick, even if the off field distraction situation was a non-issue. Those teams that would be interested in Kaep, won't want to invest starter money in him, as he appears to put so many other things as a priority in his life, ahead of football.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's all try to keep these arguments football based, and save the partisan political stances for P&R.

There are legitimate football reasons for Kaepernick to be unemployed. I listened to some sports radio guys talking about just that, today. Just so everyone knows, I was listening to "The Locker Room", on ESPN Radio, while driving down to visit my folks today. I'm not a regular listener of the show, so I can't give you actual names of the commentators. However, they made it very obvious that they were trying to avoid the political side of rationalizing Kaepernick's unemployment status, even going so far as to say that the NFL is in denial that that is the reason.

1. He wants too much money. In the Ravens case, they have so much money committed to Flacco, that paying even 8-10M/per wouldn't even be a viable option for at least another two seasons. Bad cap management on the Ravens part, one might say.

2. Does Kaepernick even fit the Ravens Offensive scheme? Heck no. They would have to completely re-write their offensive game plan, in order to come up with something to compliment Kaepernick's physical abilities. And for what, a few weeks or a month or two? Flacco is coming back, he's their cash cow... literally

3. What about the rest of the NFL, why aren't they signing Kaepernick? He's a tremendous physical talent, but his skill set is so narrow. Only a small handful of NFL teams would have a genuine interest in Kaepernick, even if the off field distraction situation was a non-issue. Those teams that would be interested in Kaep, won't want to invest starter money in him, as he appears to put so many other things as a priority in his life, ahead of football.

I have never understood how this could be political In any way. He just want good enough and drew too much attention. Same reason Tebow isn't on an NFL roster.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 03:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Has nothing to do with his politics.  

1. He isn't that good.  

2. He puts other things above the team.  

3. He creates a distraction and is only a backu qb at best.  

I truly hope he is signed by any AFCN team other than the bengals.

But his fellow teammates did not see him as a distraction at all based on the award they bestowed on him.

2 & 3 are solely political.  There is no other evidence otherwise.

Back when OchoCinco still played *HE* was a distraction and put himself above the team for attention...but in a non-political way.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 10:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: But his fellow teammates did not see him as a distraction at all based on the award they bestowed on him.

2 & 3 are solely political.  There is no other evidence otherwise.

Back when OchoCinco still played *HE* was a distraction and put himself above the team for attention...but in a non-political way.

When you are interviewed and asked more non football questions than team specific then you are a distraction.

That's all the evidence needed.

And just because his buddies in the locker room did him a solid and backed him up to help him get another job knowing he was opting out of his contract doesn't mean he is a team guy.

None of this is political. When you are an NFL Qb you can't be about anything other than qb and the team. Comparing Chad Johnson to kaep is also a joke.... Chad was always about the team. And he played a position that isn't counted on for leadership.

Pretending this is political is nothing but virtue signaling.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 01:27 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you are interviewed and asked more non football questions than team specific then you are a distraction.  

That's all the evidence needed.  

And just because his buddies in the locker room did him a solid and backed him up to help him get another job knowing he was opting out of his contract doesn't mean he is a team guy.

None of this is political.   When you are an NFL Qb you can't be about anything other than qb and the team.    Comparing Chad Johnson to kaep is also a joke....    Chad was always about the team.    And he played a position that isn't counted on for leadership.

Pretending this is political is nothing but virtue signaling.

I'll grant that he wanted to draw attention to an issue...but instead the media focused on HIM rather than the issue.  Rather than go do stories on the issue they did stories on the guy willing to talk about it.

However ignoring that his teammates rallied around him is ignoring the evidence.

Tom Brady get's lots of questions about stuff unrelated to the game. Is he a distraction?  Or does that not matter because he's really good? 

Kaepernick wasn't the best QB, he ain't the worst available right now either.

Chad was a HUGE distraction.  To the point that his own QB told him to stop it.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's all try to keep these arguments football based, and save the partisan political stances for P&R.  

There are legitimate football reasons for Kaepernick to be unemployed.  I listened to some sports radio guys talking about just that, today.  Just so everyone knows, I was listening to "The Locker Room", on ESPN Radio, while driving down to visit my folks today.  I'm not a regular listener of the show, so I can't give you actual names of the commentators.  However, they made it very obvious that they were trying to avoid the political side of rationalizing Kaepernick's unemployment status, even going so far as to say that the NFL is in denial that that is the reason.

1.  He wants too much money.  In the Ravens case, they have so much money committed to Flacco, that paying even 8-10M/per wouldn't even be a viable option for at least another two seasons.  Bad cap management on the Ravens part, one might say.

2.  Does Kaepernick even fit the Ravens Offensive scheme?  Heck no.  They would have to completely re-write their offensive game plan, in order to come up with something to compliment Kaepernick's physical abilities.  And for what, a few weeks or a month or two?  Flacco is coming back, he's their cash cow... literally

3.  What about the rest of the NFL, why aren't they signing Kaepernick?  He's a tremendous physical talent, but his skill set is so narrow.  Only a small handful of NFL teams would have a genuine interest in Kaepernick, even if the off field distraction situation was a non-issue.  Those teams that would be interested in Kaep, won't want to invest starter money in him, as he appears to put so many other things as a priority in his life, ahead of football.

There are plenty of football reasons like the ones mentioned.  But to say he is a "distraction" ignores those based on what his own teammates think of him.  Unless it is about his politics/religion.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 10:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: There are plenty of football reasons like the ones mentioned.  But to say he is a "distraction" ignores those based on what his own teammates think of him.  Unless it is about his politics/religion.

If we're simply talking in general sports terms, about reasons why Kaepernick is unemployed, summing various specifics into a general "distraction" is completely acceptable.  To say that his demonstrations were a distraction from the business of football, is a fact.  To agree or disagree with the reasons behind his demonstrations is expressing a political point of view.  At least that is how I view it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 02:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If we're simply talking in general sports terms, about reasons why Kaepernick is unemployed, summing various specifics into a general "distraction" is completely acceptable.  To say that his demonstrations were a distraction from the business of football, is a fact.  To agree or disagree with the reasons behind his demonstrations is expressing a political point of view.  At least that is how I view it.

So we can agree that the only way someone could consider him a "distraction" is if they are considering his political stance...nothing football related.  And to claim that him being a distraction has nothing to do with politics is asinine.

But as I said his own teammates did not consider him a bad teammate.  Now that doesn't mean other players with less exposure to him in the past would.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 09:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'll grant that he wanted to draw attention to an issue...but instead the media focused on HIM rather than the issue.  Rather than go do stories on the issue they did stories on the guy willing to talk about it.

However ignoring that his teammates rallied around him is ignoring the evidence.

Tom Brady get's lots of questions about stuff unrelated to the game. Is he a distraction?  Or does that not matter because he's really good? 

Kaepernick wasn't the best QB, he ain't the worst available right now either.

Chad was a HUGE distraction.  To the point that his own QB told him to stop it.

Please post where Tom Brady puts his personal agenda ahead of the team/game.

WR's are not QB's. There is a difference.

His teammates rallying has more to do with them being good teammates and that's easy knowing he was gone at the end of the year.

The media focused on him because he felt it was the time and place to put his agenda ahead of the team. This caused a massive distraction over AJ issue that has no business on the football field.

He is a bum because he is selfish and puts himself over the team.
Reply/Quote