Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ravens Interested In Colin Kaepernick
(08-13-2017, 07:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The best qb in the AFCE during Brady's years has been Chad Pennington.

Same reason the browns are in multi season tank mode

So the argument being made is the Browns lose on purpose until the division is easier to win?

That's dumb.

Also this:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/08/13/oakland-raiders-running-back-marshawn-lynch-sits-during-national-anthem-at-preseason-nfl-game.html

Quote:Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sits during national anthem at preseason NFL game

Published August 13, 2017
Fox News
  • [/url]
  • [url=http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/08/13/oakland-raiders-running-back-marshawn-lynch-sits-during-national-anthem-at-preseason-nfl-game.html#]
[Image: 1502629514531.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the national anthem over the weekend, ahead of a Saturday preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals.  (AP Photo/Rick Scuteri)
Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the national anthem over the weekend, ahead of a Saturday preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals, the AP reports. 

The NFL player was photographed on top of an orange cooler with a banana in Glendale, Ariz. 

Last year, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick sat and kneeled during the national anthem and protested police brutality. 

Lynch previously backed Kaepernick, telling comedian Conan O’Brien in September 2016, “I’d rather see him take a knee than stand up, put his hands up and get murdered.”

“If you’re really not racist then you won’t see what he done, what he’s doing, as a threat to America, but just addressing a problem that we have,” Lynch said at the time.

Raiders coach Jack Del Rio says he didn’t know about Lynch’s plans ahead of the game, according to NFL.com.

“On Marshawn, talked to Marshawn trying to make sure we’re on the same page,” the coach said. "He said, ‘This is something I’ve done for 11 years. It’s not a form of anything other than me being myself.’ I said, ‘So you understand how I feel, I very strongly believe in standing for the national anthem. But I’m going to respect you as a man, you do your thing. We’ll do ours.’ It’s a non-issue for me.”

Of course Lynch was very good until he spent a year in retirement...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Doesn't make much sense for a team that has gone to incredible lengths to avoid bad publicity to sign someone who became a lightning rod to the politics that did some heavy damage to their city a short while ago.

Can't believe I actually defended the Ravens as this drama unfolded.
Reply/Quote
Kaep is a read option QB and off the top of my head no one runs the read option. Plus I've always thought he had no touch on his throws everyone of them seemed like it was 150 mph and line drive.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 11:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: So this will probably end up in PnR but all Kaepernick did was exercise his free speech.  He didn't break a single law.  That's the difference between the two.

As to the Ravens thinking about signing him I guess they think he still has the skill level that almost beat them in the Super Bowl?

GREAT POINT....I never called French Fries as Freedom Fries. Many did 10 or 15 years ago. I did not.  France did not attack us on 9/11/2001.  I did not call French Toast as Freedom Toast, or French Kiss as a Freedom Kiss or French's Mustard as Freedom Mustard.  Still, as I continued to say French Fries, some were all over me as UnAmerican for not saying Freedom Fries.   A year or so ago when Paris attacked by terrorists Americans put up the French Flag on their Avatar Computer Pictures as background.  I did go on internet and ask how many now using the French Flag not long ago refused to use the words French Fries and called them Freedom Fries.  Freedom Fries is too George Orwell book 1984 of Victory Cigarettes and Victory Gin.  I'll also say I liked in baseball that in the 7th inning stretch they played Take Me Out To The Ball Game.  Even in World War I and World War II and Korea and Vietnam they played Take Me Out To The Ball Game.  You start the game with the National Anthem. After 9/11 they added God Bless America to 7th inning. I feel like I'm at a Political Rally.  The Cubs still put the focus on Take Me Out To The Ball Game in 7th Inning, and I wish other teams would. It's a ball game, not a Political Rally. ......The other day KKK and Nazis denounced yesterday by The President caused deaths of a woman and 2 State Troopers. The President denounced these and all HATE GROUPS and said they have no place in the USA.   So there have been deaths over the last few years by HATE GROUPS.  Kaepernick not joining in on The National Anthem caused no deaths. During Vietnam I saw some at ball games refuse to stand during National Anthem, but I did  I myself do NOT sing God Bless America in the 7th inning stretch but if played I do sing Take Me Out To The Ball Game.  I never called French Fries as Freedom Fries.  .....From what I saw, Kaepernick can still quarterback and win football games. NFL teams are crazy not to use him. Miami just lost their QB for the year. Others will also.  I think the Bengals are pretty set this year at QB.  There are NFL teams though that are not set at QB and are crazy not to bring in a QB like Kaepernick. I also think RG3 was poorly used as too much of a runner, as most black QB's are, and it got the top draft pick very injured. I have often said that the idea that white QB's throw and black QB's run is stupid, and why so many black QBs are getting injured running into NFL Defenses. Yes, Elway took off and ran sometimes, but he was not like a running back as most black QB's are used. Elways prime job was to throw the ball.   In the 1960's Blacks were considered too stupid to QB in the NFL.  The NFL has only progressed to using black QB's as an extra running back, which is getting thm very injured. Black QB's are all expected to be like a running back. The NFL has not came that far from the 1960's.  A QB's prime objective in the NFL is to throw, no matter his color. The NFL Defenses will let a QB scramble once, maybe twice, but the third time he runs in the game they put him in the hospital. Once you cross that line you are a running back, and defenses are not going to let a QB run, run, run, they need their paychecks also. RG3 was coached and used as a runner and got injured, and Cam Newton gets injured running way too much. They both can throw, the coaches should have let them throw more and run less. ...It was Dick Butkis who was asked why QB's don't run more in the NFL, and he said because me and the other defensive players would put them in the hospital because we need our paychecks also. Looking at RG3 injured as a running QB, I think Mr Butkis is still right on that.
'
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
wooooooooooow

double
you
tee
eff
?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 02:37 PM)kevin Wrote: GREAT POINT....I never called French Fries as Freedom Fries. Many did 10 or 15 years ago. I did not.  France did not attack us on 9/11/2001.  I did not call French Toast as Freedom Toast, or French Kiss as a Freedom Kiss or French's Mustard as Freedom Mustard.  Still, as I continued to say French Fries, some were all over me as UnAmerican for not saying Freedom Fries.   A year or so ago when Paris attacked by terrorists Americans put up the French Flag on their Avatar Computer Pictures as background.  I did go on internet and ask how many now using the French Flag not long ago refused to use the words French Fries and called them Freedom Fries.  Freedom Fries is too George Orwell book 1984 of Victory Cigarettes and Victory Gin.  I'll also say I liked in baseball that in the 7th inning stretch they played Take Me Out To The Ball Game.  Even in World War I and World War II and Korea and Vietnam they played Take Me Out To The Ball Game.  You start the game with the National Anthem. After 9/11 they added God Bless America to 7th inning. I feel like I'm at a Political Rally.  The Cubs still put the focus on Take Me Out To The Ball Game in 7th Inning, and I wish other teams would. It's a ball game, not a Political Rally. ......The other day KKK and Nazis denounced yesterday by The President caused deaths of a woman and 2 State Troopers. The President denounced these and all HATE GROUPS and said they have no place in the USA.   So there have been deaths over the last few years by HATE GROUPS.  Kaepernick not joining in on The National Anthem caused no deaths. During Vietnam I saw some at ball games refuse to stand during National Anthem, but I did  I myself do NOT sing God Bless America in the 7th inning stretch but if played I do sing Take Me Out To The Ball Game.  I never called French Fries as Freedom Fries.  .....From what I saw, Kaepernick can still quarterback and win football games. NFL teams are crazy not to use him. Miami just lost their QB for the year. Others will also.  I think the Bengals are pretty set this year at QB.  There are NFL teams though that are not set at QB and are crazy not to bring in a QB like Kaepernick. I also think RG3 was poorly used as too much of a runner, as most black QB's are, and it got the top draft pick very injured. I have often said that the idea that white QB's throw and black QB's run is stupid, and why so many black QBs are getting injured running into NFL Defenses. Yes, Elway took off and ran sometimes, but he was not like a running back as most black QB's are used. Elways prime job was to throw the ball.   In the 1960's Blacks were considered too stupid to QB in the NFL.  The NFL has only progressed to using black QB's as an extra running back, which is getting thm very injured. Black QB's are all expected to be like a running back. The NFL has not came that far from the 1960's.  A QB's prime objective in the NFL is to throw, no matter his color.  The NFL Defenses will let a QB scramble once, maybe twice, but the third time he runs in the game they put him in the hospital. Once you cross that line you are a running back, and defenses are not going to let a QB run, run, run, they need their paychecks also. RG3 was coached and used as a runner and got injured, and Cam Newton gets injured running way too much. They both can throw, the coaches should have let them throw more and run less. ...It was Dick Butkis who was asked why QB's don't run more in the NFL, and he said because me and the other defensive players would put them in the hospital because we need our paychecks also.  Looking at RG3 injured as a running QB, I think Mr Butkis is still right on that.
'

Cheeto?   Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 07:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: So the argument being made is the Browns lose on purpose until the division is easier to win?

That's dumb.

Also this:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/08/13/oakland-raiders-running-back-marshawn-lynch-sits-during-national-anthem-at-preseason-nfl-game.html

Of course Lynch was very good until he spent a year in retirement...

Browns are tanking because they are the only team without a franchise qb. And they will never win or compete in the division without one.

Not sure what relevance your marshaeb Lynch article has considering I have addressed the actions of a qb vs the actions of any other position.
Reply/Quote
Kaep had a 90 qbr in his last season as a starter. Also, I heard he is not asking anywhere near the absurd numbers I have seen thrown out there on this thread. One thing missing from this thread is a single piece of evidence backing up all these "he is just not that Good" arguments. It definitely makes for an easy and cheap argument by making hollow statements with absolutely zero evidence to support it. If you don't like him for his politics or distraction or whatever, fine, but if you don't think he is a good football player please provide some sort of evidence.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 09:11 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote:  but if you don't think he is a good football player please provide some sort of evidence.

How about his W-L record with the niners since their SB appearance?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:30 AM)Beaker Wrote: How about his W-L record with the niners since their SB appearance?

Did he have a good team around him?

49er's changed coaches, coordinators, etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: Did he have a good team around him?

49er's changed coaches, coordinators, etc.

Fair questions, but ultimately isn't everyone in the NFL judged by their W-L record?...coaches, players, GMs, etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:41 AM)Beaker Wrote: Fair questions, but ultimately isn't everyone in the NFL judged by their W-L record?...coaches, players, GMs, etc.

[Image: marvin-lewis.jpg]

Smirk

All seriousness aside the coach gets fired before the players do...but he did got through a number of changes including that stupid Chip Kelly experiment.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 10:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Ravens are considering signing Kaepernick as Flacco's backup.

I don't even know why I'm surprised anymore by them considering their franchise icon is a known murderer and they kept Ray Rice after he knocked out his girlfriend until the public outcry got to be too much, but I guess I just figured they'd draw the line at taking a shit on the American flag and everyone who has ever put their life on the line for this country.

That franchise is such a joke and any of their fans should be ashamed of themselves.

Ray Lewis: Ravens backed off on Colin Kaepernick after girlfriend's 'racist' tweet

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2017/09/06/ray-lewis-ravens-backed-off-colin-kaepernick-after-girlfriends-tweet/636586001/

Former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said that his former team was close to signing quarterback Colin Kaepernick before the free agent's girlfriend posted a tweet ridiculing Lewis and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti.

"We were going to close the deal to sign him," Lewis said on Showtime's Inside the NFL on Tuesday night. "Steve Bisciotti said, 'I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.' And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day."

The Aug. 2 tweet by Nessa Diab, which Lewis described as "racist," compared a picture of Lewis hugging Bisciotti to a scene from Django Unchained.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 08:05 PM)Vambo Wrote: Ray Lewis: Ravens backed off on Colin Kaepernick after girlfriend's 'racist' tweet

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2017/09/06/ray-lewis-ravens-backed-off-colin-kaepernick-after-girlfriends-tweet/636586001/

Former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said that his former team was close to signing quarterback Colin Kaepernick before the free agent's girlfriend posted a tweet ridiculing Lewis and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti.

"We were going to close the deal to sign him," Lewis said on Showtime's Inside the NFL on Tuesday night. "Steve Bisciotti said, 'I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.' And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day."

The Aug. 2 tweet by Nessa Diab, which Lewis described as "racist," compared a picture of Lewis hugging Bisciotti to a scene from Django Unchained.

She is the racist and if he is willing to blindly follow her like he does, his demise is nothing short of deserved! 

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 08:05 PM)Vambo Wrote: Ray Lewis: Ravens backed off on Colin Kaepernick after girlfriend's 'racist' tweet

Coming from that franchise, I'm not even surprised.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 10:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Ravens are considering signing Kaepernick as Flacco's backup.

Why?   He's better than Flacco
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 08:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Coming from that franchise, I'm not even surprised.

Bengals lose to the Ravens 20 - 0....Coming from that franchise, I'm not even surprised.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
I'd be happy if they did, but they have no reason to. Mallett, for his flaws, has been with this system for 2 seasons and can step in when needed. Kaep needs to be on a team that may need to a new starter.

He should look for any teams whose starter has 5 turnovers week 1 and call their GMs.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
After watching week one there has to be a team or two that could use a proven starting QB.

But I'm sure it's all because of his football skills.   Mellow
Reply/Quote
Also can we approach this thread with the necessary context that the Bengals lead the league in giving roster spots to guys caught on video slugging women in the face. I think that's fair given this is just a bunch of Bengals fans passing judgement on other franchises and questioning the character of players who haven't committed crimes.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote