Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens/Jags
Hey Pat or one of you raven fans.

What happened today? Facemask at end?

Quick run down of the game would be appreciated. I missed this one today
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 08:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hey Pat or one of you raven fans.  

What happened today?   Facemask at end?  

Quick run down of the game would be appreciated.   I missed this one today

From what I heard, they sacked the QB as time expired but got the facemask in the process which put the Jags into FG range for an untimed down. 53 yarder for the win.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 09:07 PM)cinci4life Wrote: From what I heard, they sacked the QB as time expired but got the facemask in the process which put the Jags into FG range for an untimed down. 53 yarder for the win.

Haha that's so Ravens
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 09:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha that's so Ravens

It's more of a Browns thing, but I appreciate what you did here.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 02:01 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's more of a Browns thing, but I appreciate what you did here.

Ofc it's a Browns thing..... The Ravens were just reaching for their inner brown. After all they are Browns at heart.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty shocked that such a lowly team like the Jags could beat a tough team like the Ravens. Boy how they've fallen.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
Half the defense assumed the Jags didn't get the snap off in time and celebrated. Bortles fell down as he snapped the ball in what many thought looked like him trying to clock it with a second or two left.

Either way, no one ran down the field and they could have just ended the game right there. He would have only been able to throw a short pass and then you just have to make a tackle.

Instead, Dumervil goes for the sack and gets a hold of his face mask as he drags him down. Penalty gives them a free play and moves them into FG range. The rest is history.

Blame can also be placed on the Trestman play calling. 3 minutes left and the Ravens have the ball with the lead. They get a first down and cause the Jags to blow their time outs. There's about 2 and a half minutes left and Trestman opts to just run down as much clock as he can instead of playing for the first down and the win.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 07:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Half the defense assumed the Jags didn't get the snap off in time and celebrated. Bortles fell down as he snapped the ball in what many thought looked like him trying to clock it with a second or two left.

Either way, no one ran down the field and they could have just ended the game right there. He would have only been able to throw a short pass and then you just have to make a tackle.

Instead, Dumervil goes for the sack and gets a hold of his face mask as he drags him down. Penalty gives them a free play and moves them into FG range. The rest is history.

Blame can also be placed on the Trestman play calling. 3 minutes left and the Ravens have the ball with the lead. They get a first down and cause the Jags to blow their time outs. There's about 2 and a half minutes left and Trestman opts to just run down as much clock as he can instead of playing for the first down and the win.

whats the ravens home record this year?

And i figured trestman would be an issue after what we saw in chicago
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 12:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: whats the ravens home record this year?

And i figured trestman would be an issue after what we saw in chicago

1-3. They haven't had a non winning home record since 2007, but it looks like that will change.

Speaking on Trestman, he won't be coming back. He wants Flacco to throw the ball 40 times a game. Granted, Flacco had over 300 yards, 3 TDs, and a 98 rating, but he made mistakes too. You need to get Forsett in the mix. At times, Flacco needs to just say "f it" and do what he thinks the offense needs to do and not what Trestman calls.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 01:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 1-3. They haven't had a non winning home record since 2007, but it looks like that will change.

Speaking on Trestman, he won't be coming back. He wants Flacco to throw the ball 40 times a game. Granted, Flacco had over 300 yards, 3 TDs, and a 98 rating, but he made mistakes too. You need to get Forsett in the mix. At times, Flacco needs to just say "f it" and do what he thinks the offense needs to do and not what Trestman calls.

Yeah any time your throwing it that much and not relaying on a run game it handicaps you a bit i think. it might be okay for this game or that but not all of them.

They called Trestman a QB whisperer when he came from the CFL... Not sure what hes whispering but its not working.

And flacco is looking better this year than he was last. But his offense is depleted and the secondary on the defense is worse off i think.

I expect a good amount of change this offseason but mostly players
Reply/Quote
Pat do you think will be a bit of a rebuild? Or can they compete for the division again next year.

Seems they have a lot of holes on both sides.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:56 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Pat do you think will be a bit of a rebuild?  Or can they compete for the division again next year.  

Seems they have a lot of holes on both sides.

I think there has been a bit of a rebuild for the last few seasons. The only real holes at at wide receiver and secondary. The O line is good. The D line is good. You have stability at TE, starting RB, and QB. 

Find someone else besides Perriman. If Steve Smith comes back that's an added bonus. Perriman, Smith, Rookie, Aiken and you're set.

For the secondary, you need to hope Smith recovers from this bad season. He had a really good 2013 and 2014. Webb is getting old and slow after his surgeries. Find someone to replace him. Keep Will Hill and see if Elam can get back to his 2013 form and compete with him. Need to find a true free safety. Haven't had one since Reed left. 

Reply/Quote