Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens Lineman Jumped Offsides On Jackson's TD
(09-21-2021, 11:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You Googled "Lamar Jackson touchdown run in Kansas City game" and couldn't find any videos?

I figured there would be hundreds of video results.

Why didn't you just go to the game highlights on NFL.com or ESPN.com?

I just watched the highlights. It looked like the C and T moved at the same time, before everyone else. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 11:35 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just watched the highlights. It looked like the C and T moved at the same time, before everyone else. 

Yeah, it was definitely a false start.

If you watch here at 2 and 3 seconds in this video, you can watch the tackle moving early.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, it was definitely a false start.

If you watch here at 2 and 3 seconds in this video, you can watch the tackle moving early.

I did watch that, many times and it appeared to me that they moved simultaneously but the T lunged further, which may make it look like he went first. 

Since i wasn't happy with that, since it's sooooo damn close, i pulled it up on the dvr and watched it frame by frame. The T butt does move the most minute of a fraction faster than the C, but there's no way a referee is going to call that in a game when it looks simultaneous live. Also, keep in mind that the line judge is looking right down the LoS, so it's easily plausible that the ball moved before the T moved, whose butt moved just a bit before the C. The C has to finish the snap before he can start to stand up while the T only needs to move when the ball does to start his forward progress. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:42 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...did you make to to "RB8...triple option", in my post, and then become so enraged that you didn't read to the end?

nah, I got half a sentence in and stopped reading. Sorry, dude. You know you're my boy, but sometimes your smack puts me to sleep so I just hit reply without finishing the whole post. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 11:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You Googled "Lamar Jackson touchdown run in Kansas City game" and couldn't find any videos?

I figured there would be hundreds of video results.

Why didn't you just go to the game highlights on NFL.com or ESPN.com?

I couldn't find anyone complaining about the "obvious" missed call 

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 06:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I couldn't find anyone complaining about the "obvious" missed call 

No one complaining about the Ravens?!

That's CRAZY!

Why was he moving before every other linemen if it wasn't a false start?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 06:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: nah, I got half a sentence in and stopped reading. Sorry, dude. You know you're my boy, but sometimes your smack puts me to sleep so I just hit reply without finishing the whole post. 

Ohhhh, you damn dirty liar!!!

But seriously, nickname thread? How about something like "Jitterbug Jackson"? "The raucous running Raven"? "Lamar the leaping lunatic Leopard"?

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ohhhh, you damn dirty liar!!!

But seriously, nickname thread? How about something like "Jitterbug Jackson"? "The raucous running Raven"? "Lamar the leaping lunatic Leopard"?

Action Jackson

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 08:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No one complaining about the Ravens?!

That's CRAZY!

Why was he moving before every other linemen if it wasn't a false start?

Beyond this thread, yea I haven't seen anyone make this claim.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ohhhh, you damn dirty liar!!!

Lamar Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 08:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Beyond this thread, yea I haven't seen anyone make this claim.
I'm not making an unsubstantiated claim!

The video evidence doesn't lie!

How are you still arguing this?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 08:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Action Jackson

Nope. Already taken.

[Image: MV5BMmU1MWYxYjMtMjNmYi00MjhiLWE4MTAtMzM4...0,281_.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:58 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Lamar Dalton.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. 

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 08:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Beyond this thread, yea I haven't seen anyone make this claim.

No one cares about the Ravens enough to complain.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

#ExceptForBrad

*Fixed it with a computer Tongue

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 03:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No one cares about the Ravens enough to complain.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

# except for Brad

U fkd up the #. Ur def a old guy.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 03:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No one cares about the Ravens enough to complain.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

# except for Brad
It just bugs me how everyone gives them a free pass and how arrogant they are because they act like it doesn't happen.

I guess it started when kids that were involved in the wreck got into drugs and I saw it as shitting on me while I was down and other people didn't seem to care because it didn't involve them.

Gaah
(09-22-2021, 04:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: U fkd up the #. Ur def a old guy.
It's like when you see old people type out "hashtag except for Brad"

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 04:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: U fkd up the #. Ur def a old guy.

Hey... I'm not that old. Just typing on my phone while trying to watch por.... I mean while trying to work. Yea.. that's it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, it was definitely a false start.

From the initial angle it definitely looks like a false start.  But you can’t see the center’s hands on that angle. The lineman clearly moves before we see the ball, but we can’t see when the ball starts moving.  

Watch that same video through to the replay (0:23), which is from the angle the ref would have had.  You can see the center’s hands in this one.  You’ll see that it’s MUCH closer than what the initial angle shows.  From that angle, it’s not at all an obvious false start.  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 10:36 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: From the initial angle it definitely looks like a false start.  But you can’t see the center’s hands on that angle. The lineman clearly moves before we see the ball, but we can’t see when the ball starts moving.  

Watch that same video through to the replay (0:23), which is from the angle the ref would have had.  You can see the center’s hands in this one.  You’ll see that it’s MUCH closer than what the initial angle shows.  From that angle, it’s not at all an obvious false start.  

It's not AS OBVIOUS to us, but a ref's eye is trained to see any movement, no matter how close, and react by throwing a flag.

In fact, the fact that it's so close would actually make the ref throw the flag more because he'd react in a split second by throwing the flag when the player moved before the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 10:57 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not AS OBVIOUS to us, but a ref's eye is trained to see any movement, no matter how close, and react by throwing a flag.

In fact, the fact that it's so close would actually make the ref throw the flag more because he'd react in a split second by throwing the flag when the player moved before the ball.

It’s not even obvious in slow motion, dude. 

Also, did you just say that the less obvious a call is, the more likely a ref is to call it? 

I think we can add a third thing to rival the inevitability of death and taxes: your refusal to concede an argument.  LOL
Reply/Quote