Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens Mad About Last Minute Kick
If they didn’t want us to kick a field goal they shouldn’t have let us march down the field late and get into position to kick it. Be mad at the defense for not doing their jobs.
Reply/Quote
Would he have been OK if we'd scored a meaningless touchdown, or would that have been a problem too?

If he wants to get a shutout for his defense - which was beautifully orchestrated all day - he needs to finish the job. Shutouts don't count in baseball if someone scores a run. No hitters don't count if someone gets a hit. Was his defense taking their foot off the gas?

I don't understand his problem. His defense kicked our butts. Our team should have been trying to play as hard as they could till the last snap. Zach's job is not to mollycoddle the opposing DC's ego.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
But it was OK for Harbaugh to challenge the spot of the football (literally inches) when his team was already up 20+ points?

This guy can go kick rocks.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:43 PM)3wt Wrote: Would he have been OK if we'd scored a meaningless touchdown, or would that have been a problem too?  

If he wants to get a shutout for his defense - which was beautifully orchestrated all day - he needs to finish the job.   Shutouts don't count in baseball if someone scores a run.  No hitters don't count if someone gets a hit.  Was his defense taking their foot off the gas?

I don't understand his problem.   His defense kicked our butts.  Our team should have been trying to play as hard as they could till the last snap.   Zach's job is not to mollycoddle the opposing DC's ego.

Good point. So Zach is supposed to let his guys down by putting up a 0 just so the Ravens can be happy about a fake shutout? Rolleyes

(10-16-2020, 02:53 PM)Big Boss Wrote: But it was OK for Harbaugh to challenge the spot of the football (literally inches) when his team was already up 20+ points?

This guy can go kick rocks.

Another good point. ThumbsUp 

Tbh, this dude is probably just trying to give his guys imaginary things to fuel their fire. I'd hope for their sake anyway.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:04 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Martindale is a real butthole.

That is the solid truth -- and if he ever wants to leave Baltimore I hope Mike Brown has the good sense to hire him!
Reply/Quote
I said it in the thread in Around the NFL and I'll say it here too...

He can eat a satchel of richards.

You don't want them to score, you don't stop playing defense the way you were all game. He should be calling out his own players for letting up not the opponent who took advantage.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Apparently there is an unspoken rule that you don’t kick to avoid the shutout. I mean, I was pretty peeved about it, because it seemed like a wuss move, but I’m surprised to be hearing about it from the Ravens coaches.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Ravens-defensive-coordinator-Don-Wink-Martindale-rips-Bengals-late-field-goal-avoid-shutout-153036925/?fbclid=IwAR0rooWdzGPijYAlyiuKHFOPN3REQhFS1KeWi6Su-aW3OTjS8h1gCNrBNI0

Thoughts?

I was embarrassed for Zac. Truly a sad moment.
Reply/Quote
Martindale probably has a clause in his contract somewhere for a big bonus for a shutout. Like most nearly everything in life it comes down to $...
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Didn’t he challenge a first down up 27 in the fourth quarter? Eff him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 07:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn’t he challenge a first down up 27 in the fourth quarter?  Eff him.

He did, literally just a dick move and this crying makes me hate them even more. Here's to the Chiefs, owning the Ravens ass so they have to waste the window of Jackson's career.

May their coaching staff never see another title, and get a nasty case of the herpes!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 08:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He did, literally just a dick move and this crying makes me hate them even more. Here's to the Chiefs, owning the Ravens ass so they have to waste the window of Jackson's career.

May their coaching staff never see another title, and get a nasty case of the herpes!
Hate them even more? Dick move and his brother Bigger Dick move...

Really???

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
So that dude is mad because he wanted the shutout and we kicked a FG to ruin it lol?

He wanted the shutout as much as we didnt want to be shutout. It goes both ways, imagine that lol. This is such a wussy non-argument it shouldnt even have an article attached to it.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I burried a Raven outside next to the fire hydrant. It's been completely satisfying everytime I go pee.

I kill them every time I see one and yeah, I pee on them... Mellow
Reply/Quote