Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens Mad About Last Minute Kick
Apparently there is an unspoken rule that you don’t kick to avoid the shutout. I mean, I was pretty peeved about it, because it seemed like a wuss move, but I’m surprised to be hearing about it from the Ravens coaches.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Ravens-defensive-coordinator-Don-Wink-Martindale-rips-Bengals-late-field-goal-avoid-shutout-153036925/?fbclid=IwAR0rooWdzGPijYAlyiuKHFOPN3REQhFS1KeWi6Su-aW3OTjS8h1gCNrBNI0

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Apparently there is an unspoken rule that you don’t kick to avoid the shutout. I mean, I was pretty peeved about it, because it seemed like a wuss move, but I’m surprised to be hearing about it from the Ravens coaches.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Ravens-defensive-coordinator-Don-Wink-Martindale-rips-Bengals-late-field-goal-avoid-shutout-153036925/?fbclid=IwAR0rooWdzGPijYAlyiuKHFOPN3REQhFS1KeWi6Su-aW3OTjS8h1gCNrBNI0

Thoughts?

Who cares what they think. I was pissed we didnt try because I wanted the offense to get more actual game reps. I'm happy the Ravens are pissed about something 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They can shove it, I'm glad we kicked and denied them the shutout.
Reply/Quote
I burried a Raven outside next to the fire hydrant. It's been completely satisfying everytime I go pee.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Apparently there is an unspoken rule that you don’t kick to avoid the shutout. I mean, I was pretty peeved about it, because it seemed like a wuss move, but I’m surprised to be hearing about it from the Ravens coaches.

Thoughts?

Harbaugh has a reputation for running up the score late on teams, which is an even bigger breech of etiquette.  I say what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Reply/Quote
This is so stupid.  I've seen a lot of stupid comments and complaints from coaches throughout the years, but this one might take the cake.

This isn't baseball.  There aren't unwritten rules in football.  If you wanted a shutout, or if you were worthy of a shutout, then you should have stopped us on that drive.  It's as simple as that.  There is no one to blame for the outcome other than your defense.

You won the game, and you won it easily.  Be happy about it.  No one cares about you losing the shutout, and everyone still understands how well your defense played.

Like I said, stupid.  Being pissed about this behind closed doors is one thing, I can kind of understand that.  Kind of.  But to actually speaks these words into existance, and make them public?  Yeah, you're a complete joke, dude.

All this said, I do think Zac Taylors play calling that drive, and deciding to take the 3 pts was about the biggest ***** move you could ever make.  They really should have been trying their best to build some confidence on that last drive.  Everyone knows what he did.  He pussied out and took some cheap points.  Still though, there's nothing wrong with that from a sportsmanship perspective.

The Ravens coach can piss off.  Quit bitching, you little *****.
Reply/Quote
I find it funny that they kicked our ass and still found a reason and motivation to kick it again later this year.
Reply/Quote
See the thing they don't understand is, this isn't Justin Tucker. We have Randi. He needs to practice last minute kicks. Heck, if anything they may have had better odds of a shutout with us kicking than taking 1-2 shots at the endzone.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I find it funny that they kicked our ass and still found a reason and motivation to kick it again later this year.

Lol that was one of my thoughts as well. Trying to find a reason to just come into the next game pissed off to kick our ass even more.
Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

**** him and the horse he rode in on. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It was lame... We got shut out. Those 3 meaningless points don't change that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I was glad they kicked it. The game was over....it wasn't worth it to me to see one of the Ravens puke players do a Kimo to Burrow's knee and have him ruined the rest of his career for a meaningless TD. Live to fight another game.
Reply/Quote
I've been closely following the NFL for nearly 30 years and this is the first time I've heard of such a sissified "unspoken" rule.

Save that crap for baseball and earn your shutout. Imo, it's embarrassing that he even said anything about it.

The Ravens should concentrate on getting Lamar to not choke in the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:50 PM)jason Wrote: It was lame... We got shut out. Those 3 meaningless points don't change that.

Uh, actually they do.... Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 01:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been closely following the NFL for nearly 30 years and this is the first time I've heard of such a sissified "unspoken" rule.

Save that crap for baseball and earn your shutout. Imo, it's embarrassing that he even said anything about it.

The Ravens should concentrate on getting Lamar to not choke in the playoffs.

Amen. F him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Kick it at their sideline next time. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:38 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: See the thing they don't understand is, this isn't Justin Tucker. We have Randi. He needs to practice last minute kicks. Heck, if anything they may have had better odds of a shutout with us kicking than taking 1-2 shots at the endzone.

I've never seen a GOOD kicker take so much heat for missing a couple late kicks in meaningless seasons. Heck, we wouldn't have Joe Burrow without one of those misses, if I'm not mistaken.

...and would we hate Bullock less if he were just an 80% kicker (he's 87% as a Bengal) who cost us games with more misses in the first 3 quarters? Or with more XP misses (he's stellar in that category as well) Hmm
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Who cares what they think? We got our own problems to deal with.
Reply/Quote
Martindale is a real butthole.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Ravens don't like it, they should've kept us out of field goal range.
Reply/Quote