Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens Over Play The Run Defense
The Ravens Coaches love to go into that 1985 Bears or Penn State Joe Paterno and put everybody up near the line to Stuff The Run and Pressure The QB. Teams are not going to beat Ravens running the ball. There is a way to beat this Defense. Dan Marino beat it wit the Bears. Ohio State beat it with Paterno. Joe Burrow beat it twice in last year helping Bengals to play-offs. QUICK PASSES TO THE OPEN MAN. Last year, once Uzomoh or Chase caught the ball, there was nobody between them and 50 yards of open field running, because The Ravens Coach had everybody and the kitchen sink up in the trenches to stuff the run.

So, to beat the Ravens, you have to pass OVER that Ravens D all up in the trenches to stuff the Run. If you decide to run into the teeth of it all game, you will lose. The Bengals showed last year how you beat this 85 Bears, Joe Paterno Penn State, Run Defense that the Ravens Coach Loves. The Bengals burned it bad with quick passes to the open man. This type Defense looks GREAT until a Marino or Burrow throw the ball, and the pass catcher has 50 yards of open field for a Touchdown. Then this type Defense looks very stupid.

That is how Bengals burned Ravens last year. That is How Bengals can burn Ravens Defense this year. Dan Marino and Ohio State have showed it is the only way to beat this 85 Bears, Joe Paterno Run Defense. When this game gets going, watch how the Ravens Coach like to put all his Defense up on the line in The Trenches. You do not hand off to Mixon there, you throw over them and burn them for having too many players up on the line.

I'm not talking THE BOMB. Those passes to Uzomoh and Chase last year were short quick passes only 10 yards down field, but Ravens had nobody back and everybody up in the trenches, so they ran 50 or 60 yards for Touchdowns. Dan Marino did same thing to 85 Bears. It is the only way to beat this type Defense. Quick passes to the Open Man.

GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
They have a new D coordinator...we made the other guy quit.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 10:59 AM)spazz70 Wrote: They have a new D coordinator...we made the other guy quit.

But they still have the same head coach and Ravens D hasn't changed much even going back to when they were in Cleveland.  They will over play the run, so go ahead and pass.  Hurst could have a big game as Uzomoh did last year, The TE is a great way to beat teams up to stuff the run and not back covering, and that TE gets wide open. If you go too much on the RB and QB on D, you leave the TE open.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If the Ravens go all in to stop the run against this offense then Harbs is dumber that i thought.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 11:05 AM)kevin Wrote: But they still have the same head coach and Ravens D hasn't changed much even going back to when they were in Cleveland.  They will over play the run, so go ahead and pass.  Hurst could have a big game as Uzomoh did last year,  The TE is a great way to beat teams up to stuff the run and not back covering, and that TE gets wide open. If you go too much on the RB and QB on D, you leave the TE open.

It's a very similar mentality to what Belichick had against Pitt all those years they had very good defenses. Brady would just throw the ball 50 or 60 times a game and they wouldn't even bother trying to run the ball. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 11:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If the Ravens go all in to stop the run against this offense then Harbs is dumber that i thought.

this
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 11:05 AM)kevin Wrote: But they still have the same head coach and Ravens D hasn't changed much even going back to when they were in Cleveland.  They will over play the run, so go ahead and pass.  Hurst could have a big game as Uzomoh did last year,  The TE is a great way to beat teams up to stuff the run and not back covering, and that TE gets wide open. If you go too much on the RB and QB on D, you leave the TE open.

The Ravens blitz or show blitz 50% less with this new D Coord and play zone waaay more than Wink ever did.

NFL and college were way different in the 80's, the league is way different than it was just a few years ago.

Reply/Quote
Ravens are dead last against the pass. Through 4 games their is anecdotal evidence Peters and Humphries are cooked.
Reply/Quote
Good call Kevin! Still gonna have to run it to keep the D honest. I also think a deep shot every now and then will be called.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 12:09 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ravens are dead last against the pass. Through 4 games their is anecdotal evidence Peters and Humphries are cooked.

Wish they still blitzed like Wink liked to do against Burrow. But this is still promising for Burrow and our Offense.

We are definitely the most talented Offense that the Ravens have faced. The Bills are great too, I just think we have a
much better stable of weapons and overall talent. Play Calling is the question with us. We just need to stop the run ourselves
and go all out trying to stop their run game. As Casear said, hope the Ravens are dumb enough to steal our gameplan that we 
need to have going into this game.

Actually, the Ravens might have to blitz against us, as if they don't get home against Burrow it will be a long day for 
them on Defense. I just hope our run game wakes up to take pressure off of Burrow. Mixon needs to just start hitting 
the hole and stop acting like this is Leveon Bell's Stool OL that could hold all game long.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 12:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wish they still blitzed like Wink liked to do against Burrow. But this is still promising for Burrow and our Offense.

We are definitely the most talented Offense that the Ravens have faced. We just need to stop the run ourselves and go
all out trying to stop their run game. As Casear said, hope the Ravens are dumb enough to steal our gameplan that we 
need to have going into this game.

Actually, the Ravens might have to blitz against us, as if they don't get home against Burrow it will be a long day for 
them on Defense. I just hope our run game wakes up to take pressure off of Burrow. Mixon needs to just start hitting 
the hole and stop acting like this is Leveon Bell's Stool OL that could hold all game long.

I was watching the London game earlier, Giants won just wow. Anyways they were talking how Barkley last season was doing the dancing in the backfield waiting for the Red Sea to part crap and it hurt him. This season he's hitting the LOS with authority, and you can see the better results.

I think this is also a part of Mixon's problems this season. He needs to quit pretending he's 2017 or whatever Leveon Bell.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 01:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was watching the London game earlier, Giants won just wow. Anyways they were talking how Barkley last season was doing the dancing in the backfield waiting for the Red Sea to part crap and it hurt him. This season he's hitting the LOS with authority, and you can see the better results.

I think this is also a part of Mixon's problems this season. He needs to quit pretending he's 2017 or whatever Leveon Bell.

No doubt, the good thing is this can be fixed with RB's, they watch the tape and see what they are doing wrong.

Mixon isn't stupid, I think he will get it fixed, if he doesn't, we better be seeing much more of Perine and especially Evans
who is a one cut up field runner and a great option in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
We have both the best defense the Rats have faced all season and a good passing attack to boot. As to Lamar, look at the game logs - he's had two good games one "meh" game and his last game he sucked. The two good games came against two BAD defenses. Also we know how to play him - mush rush and keep discipline while disguising coverages and not letting anyone get really open - make Jackson fit the ball into small spaces. It has some similarities to how Lou shut down Mahomes in the AFCG after halftime.

For their D Burrow just needs to be himself and the receivers will feast.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 01:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: We have both the best defense the Rats have faced all season and a good passing attack to boot. As to Lamar, look at the game logs - he's had two good games one "meh" game and his last game he sucked. The two good games came against two BAD defenses. Also we know how to play him - mush rush and keep discipline while disguising coverages and not letting anyone get really open - make Jackson fit the ball into small spaces. It has some similarities to how Lou shut down Mahomes in the AFCG after halftime.

For their D Burrow just needs to be himself and the receivers will feast.

Feeling better and better about this game...
Reply/Quote
Rats are a former glory team. They simply don't have the studs they once did and like to pretend they still do..  Jackson does great against lousy D's, but great D's? not so much.. To be almost leading the league in rushing should be all you need to know.. He won't last the season at that rate and he hasn't gotten one second younger..Unlike myself..I'll be turning 21 next July..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 12:09 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ravens are dead last against the pass. Through 4 games their is anecdotal evidence Peters and Humphries are cooked.

Individually these two are actually playing very well. Humphrey has the lowest passer rating vs single coverage out of all CBs.

They have two young CB's have been cooked, not sure their D has it together yet. Also they have not had a great pass rush and dropped a handful of interceptions.

Ravens D is still solid, this might not be as easy as some think.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 04:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Individually these two are actually playing very well. Humphrey has the lowest passer rating vs single coverage out of all CBs.

They have two young CB's have been cooked, not sure their D has it together yet. Also they have not had a great pass rush and dropped a handful of interceptions.

Probably right, thanks for bringing me back to earth Casear. Still think we can score a lot on these guys and just hoping
this is the game where everything comes together Offensively for us. We know the Ravens very well, so we have that 
over the other teams that played them. We know how to play Lamar and we know how to beat their Defense as long as
Burrow isn't throwing interceptions.

Sure would be nice to get our running game going finally, this is my biggest concern on Offense. The pass blocking 
actually hasn't been terrible the last couple games.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 04:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Individually these two are actually playing very well. Humphrey has the lowest passer rating vs single coverage out of all CBs.

This has me wondering if they are going to leave Humphrey 1 on 1 w/Chase and risk another spinout 80 yarder.
Reply/Quote