Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens @ Steelers Game Day thread
SNF on NBC for Week #14. All game thoughts go here.
Reply/Quote
This is always a good game to watch. Better than that crap fest we call a team.
I am sick of hearing about the ugly Cincy-Pitt rivalry though.Clean 1st game and a hit by each team the 2 nd game neither of which was earth shattering. It feels like Shazier injury somehow gets included as part of the “ugliness”.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Steelers do those stupid little shit actions to get in your head(see after Woodhead catches the pass and is run out of bound).
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Joe, who told you to throw the ball more than 5 yds?

After listening to the ref call the offsetting personal fouls, I have even less faith in the profession.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Absolute bullshit call. **** the refs.... I've had it with the NFL and their "blind eye" to select teams.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Bell 1st player to score 2 TDS against the Ravens in 3 straight games. That one’s going on the wall. LOL

Reply/Quote
Burns took his helmet off on the field of play after being called for defensive holding and wasn't penalized for it.

Like I always say, it must be nice to follow a team that the rules don't apply to.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 01:30 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burns took his helmet off on the field of play after being called for defensive holding and wasn't penalized for it.

Like I always say, it must be nice to follow a team that the rules don't apply to.

The one that wasn't defensive holding but he got flagged anyway?

You're adorable.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Idk what's worse, how bad the D played or the Ravens reverting back to their awful conservative offense on those last 2 drives.

Terrible way to lose a game. Collins was running all over the Steelers and you hand him the ball once on that final drive before they lost the lead. Beyond stupid. Marty needs to go.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: The one that wasn't defensive holding but he got flagged anyway?

You're adorable.

Some shitty calls. Fortunately they were on both sides, so no one can call foul on it. Good game.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Some shitty calls. Fortunately they were on both sides, so no one can call foul on it. Good game.

REALLY crappy calls.  In the end it evened out I guess.

But I still don't know how the Steelers are pulling these games out.  And apparently (according to twitter) I'm one of the few who cares as long as they win.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: REALLY crappy calls.  In the end it evened out I guess.

But I still don't know how the Steelers are pulling these games out.  And apparently (according to twitter) I'm one of the few who cares as long as they win.

Re-writes of poorly written WWE scripts.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: The one that wasn't defensive holding but he got flagged anyway?

You're adorable.

Was that the play were Burns was held, but got called for dpi?

Fun fact, Walt Coleman hasn't called a Raiders game since he made the '"tuck rule" call for the Patriots. Lucky them. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 11:13 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Absolute bullshit call. **** the refs.... I've had it with the NFL and their "blind eye" to select teams.

(12-11-2017, 01:30 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burns took his helmet off on the field of play after being called for defensive holding and wasn't penalized for it.

Lol. Only in Bengal-land can the Steelers have more penalties than the Ravens (6 vs 5) for more yards (101 vs 35) and it be interpreted as the Steelers being favored by the refs and getting the calls.  Rolleyes

Talk about delusional. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: REALLY crappy calls.  In the end it evened out I guess.

You're not. But then again Im not on Twitter, so maybe you are. The difference between this year (11-2) and every other year (8-5) is that they have won every single one of these close squeaker games when they usually split them. I'll be pulling as hard as I can for them next week, but I really don't see anything that makes me believe that this game will be any different than past ones. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Idk what's worse, how bad the D played or the Ravens reverting back to their awful conservative offense on those last 2 drives.

Terrible way to lose a game. Collins was running all over the Steelers and you hand him the ball once on that final drive before they lost the lead. Beyond stupid. Marty needs to go.

I turned it off about mid-way through the third because I'm an old man and can't stay up late anymore. But I found it so interesting how these two teams that have been known as perennial defensive powerhouses had such an offensive game. Neither team's defense was doing all that great and there were way too many big plays being given up. I remember the one play where the Ravens ball carrier broke away from Moats I was yelling about them needing to play until the whistle.

Anyway, when I went to bed the Steelers were losing, and I was happy to see a win when I woke up. But that game was just not a good show from either team.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Some shitty calls. Fortunately they were on both sides, so no one can call foul on it. Good game.

That PI in the endzone, I still don't like. The only guess I have is that the right arm being wrapped around the receiver was perceived as a hold by the side judge. Given the way the defenses were playing, I don't think the outcome would've been any different, but it was a really questionable call to me.

BTW, can you tell I have no idea who any of the players are anymore? LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 11:06 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I turned it off about mid-way through the third because I'm an old man and can't stay up late anymore. But I found it so interesting how these two teams that have been known as perennial defensive powerhouses had such an offensive game. Neither team's defense was doing all that great and there were way too many big plays being given up. I remember the one play where the Ravens ball carrier broke away from Moats I was yelling about them needing to play until the whistle.

Anyway, when I went to bed the Steelers were losing, and I was happy to see a win when I woke up. But that game was just not a good show from either team.

Defense wins Championships. The Steelers can't let a bottom ranked offense put up 39 against them when they play the Patriots 2 more times (assuming already that the AFCCG is Steelers @ Patriots). Brady has historically had his way with them, and that was when their D was good. 

Ravens D is one of the best... when they play egh or bad teams. Against good teams, they need to be able to show they deserve to be in the playoffs, which they haven't. 

They're fortunate that they have 3 losing teams left and they're in if they beat them. 

Reply/Quote
I have to say the penalty on Brown was...well... a little weak.

I don't know what Shazier was making, but he was apparently way underpaid.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:57 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You're not. But then again Im not on Twitter, so maybe you are. The difference between this year (11-2) and every other year (8-5) is that they have won every single one of these close squeaker games when they usually split them. I'll be pulling as hard as I can for them next week, but I really don't see anything that makes me believe that this game will be any different than past ones. 

Pretty much what I've been saying. 

And the "a win is a win" crowd will be ALL OVER the team if they lose to the Pats or in the playoffs because of the same issues they've had during the season that they squeaked by on.
Reply/Quote