Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens @ Steelers Game Day thread
Especially now since Haden and Shazier are out. I did have some hope when the D was playing great, but last night the way Flacco and the Ravens just pushed them around was alarming and reminiscent of what Brady and the Pats usually do. Doesn't bode well for when the real Brady and the Pats come to town. And what Hundley and the Pack did.....SMH.

They won a track meet last night, but won't be able to against the Pats. They won't sputter like the Ravens did once they were up by 2 scores and allow Pittsburgh back into the game. They'll keep going, keeping the pressure on the Steelers O, which will shit itself with multiple consecutive 3 and outs (more than the 2 last night).

Hopefully Im wrong and another week to prep and scheme for a Shazierless D will change things, but I just don't see it right now.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:13 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Especially now since Haden and Shazier are out. I did have some hope when the D was playing great, but last night the way Flacco and the Ravens just pushed them around was alarming and reminiscent of what Brady and the Pats usually do. Doesn't bode well for when the real Brady and the Pats come to town. And what Hundley and the Pack did.....SMH.

They won a track meet last night, but won't be able to against the Pats. They won't sputter like the Ravens did once they were up by 2 scores and allow Pittsburgh back into the game. They'll keep going, keeping the pressure on the Steelers O, which will shit itself with multiple consecutive 3 and outs (more than the 2 last night).

Hopefully Im wrong and another week to prep and scheme for a Shazierless D will change things, but I just don't see it right now.

Packers should have lost yesterday.

Officials ignored some defensive holding on the INT that set them up in OT.

Of course it's the Browns so no one cared and they probably would have found a way to lose it anyway.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
With Shazier and Haden both out, the Steelers now have to revert back to last years M.O....they have to win shootouts, just like last night against the Ravens. When you score 39 points and only win by 1, you've got real problems with your defense. I'm convinced that the Steeler offense is capable of beating any team in the NFL...any team. Pgh's defense though, doesn't look like it can now go the distance.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Idk what's worse, how bad the D played or the Ravens reverting back to their awful conservative offense on those last 2 drives.

Terrible way to lose a game. Collins was running all over the Steelers and you hand him the ball once on that final drive before they lost the lead. Beyond stupid. Marty needs to go.

They played Prevent at the wrong time. Two scores up they should have kept the pressure on. They let them march down the field with dink-and-dunk passes. Then when they needed to run out the clock, they didn't run to the edges where the Steelers were getting beat (3 and out) and then the defense played pressure instead of keeping the ball inbound and got beat deep when Prevent should have been played.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote