Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens-Steelers postponed
no Thanksgiving night game...Ravens-Steelers has been postponed until Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
One step closer to Covid erasing the season...

excellent....

No season is better then a season in which pitt is undefeated.

Come on Covid, do your thing!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn strength and condition coach taping ankles and infecting the team. New cases for 5 days straight. Pittsburgh fans crying foul like they wanted to play a team with sick guys who haven't tested positive yet; so they could have the same problem. What a football day.

BLESSINGS TO JUNGLE NATION AND OTHERS ON THE BOARD!!!! Enjoy life, it's too short. Happy Thanksgiving
Reply/Quote
It makes me wonder if someone is going to put up a Cowboys versus the team formerly known as the Redskins thread later. I'm going to be watching regardless, and I was going to see if the Ravings could beat the Squealers later. Will have to wait until Sunday though. The Chiefs could beat the Steelers either at Arrowhead or Heinz. They just have too many weapons and possible inside intel from LeVeon Bell.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:10 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: It makes me wonder if someone is going to put up a Cowboys versus the team formerly known as the Redskins thread later. I'm going to be watching regardless, and I was going to see if the Ravings could beat the Squealers later. Will have to wait until Sunday though. The Chiefs could beat the Steelers either at Arrowhead or Heinz. They just have too many weapons and possible inside intel from LeVeon Bell.

Bell hasn't been on the team in 3 years. His inside info on the team is just as valuable as Terry Bradshaws. 
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson tests positive.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-quarterback-lamar-jackson-tests-positive-for-covid-19-per-report/
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Ravens should have to forfeit for their irresponsibility.

But that ain't happening so the next best thing would be.....since the Redskins and Cowboys played today and each play the Steelers and Ravens next weekend......Schedule the Steelers vs the Redskins this Tuesday night, and then the Ravens vs Cowboys this coming Wednesday, then move the Steelers vs Ravens to Monday Dec7th.

Steelers get a few extra days off
Ravens get a chance to get their shit together
Redskins and Cowboys get (almost) and extra bye week

The NFL got lucky on this one. This is the easiest, simplest, and most fair solution.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 11:09 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Lamar Jackson tests positive.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-quarterback-lamar-jackson-tests-positive-for-covid-19-per-report/

Wasn't he on the recent Madden cover?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 11:19 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Ravens should have to forfeit for their irresponsibility.

But that ain't happening so the next best thing would be.....since the Redskins and Cowboys played today and each play the Steelers and Ravens next weekend......Schedule the Steelers vs the Redskins this Tuesday night, and then the Ravens vs Cowboys this coming Wednesday, then move the Steelers vs Ravens to Monday Dec7th.

Steelers get a few extra days off
Ravens get a chance to get their shit together
Redskins and Cowboys get (almost) and extra bye week

The NFL got lucky on this one. This is the easiest, simplest, and most fair solution.

Rep given! If we have to forfeit, I won't argue or say it's unfair. There's never been a forfeit in NFL history but this is unprecedented. 

Was too dejected to look at solutions, good thinking. All it takes is one person being a careless, inconsiderate a-hole to mess things up for everybody. I've seen a lot of ugly things said between Ravens & especially Steelers fans this week; some really uncalled for trolling. So it is really refreshing to see this post. 

The Steelers have every right to be pissed but I do think it's below the Steelers players to publicly complain about it. It's not the Ravens players' fault. "Allegedly", current Ravens strength & conditioning coach Steve Saunders (ex Steelers coach) went rogue, no contact tracer and infected players during workouts. Sometimes it takes positive tests days to show up and everybody's scrambling.

Aside from all the football problems this caused, I'm really just hoping that the players' families are okay. I don't want to see anything happen to somebody's mom or grandparents. My bet would be they find a way to reschedule the game and take away a draft pick or two from us. Who knows though, more cases could surface tomorrow.

Strictly Biz: Are you on Twitter? I would like to research and post your solution or retweet your message if you've already posted it. Thanks again
Reply/Quote
Madden cover & apparently Drake curse. Although I'm not into the NBA, apparently Drake repping your jersey is a bad thing.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 05:56 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Rep given! If we have to forfeit, I won't argue or say it's unfair. There's never been a forfeit in NFL history but this is unprecedented. 

Was too dejected to look at solutions, good thinking. All it takes is one person being a careless, inconsiderate a-hole to mess things up for everybody. I've seen a lot of ugly things said between Ravens & especially Steelers fans this week; some really uncalled for trolling. So it is really refreshing to see this post. 

The Steelers have every right to be pissed but I do think it's below the Steelers players to publicly complain about it. It's not the Ravens players' fault. "Allegedly", current Ravens strength & conditioning coach Steve Saunders (ex Steelers coach) went rogue, no contact tracer and infected players during workouts. Sometimes it takes positive tests days to show up and everybody's scrambling.

Aside from all the football problems this caused, I'm really just hoping that the players' families are okay. I don't want to see anything happen to somebody's mom or grandparents. My bet would be they find a way to reschedule the game and take away a draft pick or two from us. Who knows though, more cases could surface tomorrow.

Strictly Biz: Are you on Twitter? I would like to research and post your solution or retweet your message if you've already posted it. Thanks again

No not on Twitter, but I did see this posted from Twitter on another MB. I wish I could take credit for it, but I can't. 
It really is a simple fix, provided there are no more positive test for the Ravens.

It is frustrating but it's just the way things are now. I predicted earlier this summer that the Steelers would be rolling at 8-3 after Thanksgiving and that Covid would ruin it by crashing the season. This does suck that they truly are in middle of something special that only the most blind Steeler homer could've predicted, but everything seems like it could be in jeopardy. Im really not optimistic going forward. CV is just spreading so rapidly that it's almost impossible that it doesn't permeate every aspect of everyone's life. 

Just think if the Ravens were in the Super Bowl and this was the week between the AFCCG and the SB. My God that would ruin the entire season. About the only hope that I have is that since there probably will be no crowd (or limited) at the SB, they really could push it back a few weeks if necessary.  
Reply/Quote
Long term I'm not as worried, football wise. There's way too much money and reputation involved for the NFL not to crown a champion.

But I do understand that if things continue to go sideways it could interrupt the Steelers' momentum. Just last year we rested our starters despite having a bye and came out flat against the Titans and lost. It doesn't take much to throw a team off its rhythm.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens need to wash their hands better...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Game was just moved to Tuesday.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
One team was fined and lost draft pick (not sure who) in 2021. I think the Raven's will be fined and lose a pick or two as well. The cause of this is unacceptable in the Cov-19 world. All employees should have been trained and used a zero tolerance policy, you violate the rules, you are fired whether staff, coach or player.

The moron strength coach put the lives of thousands in jeopardy. The mere fact he is still employed to me tells the NFL all they need to know, huge fines and loss of top 3 draft pick in 2021 at a minimum. Otherwise, other teams will pull the same crap.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/06/us/nfl-raiders-steelers-covid-trnd/index.html

It was raiders who lost 6th round pick. Ravens have already been fined once, so this next penalty should be extreme. They obviously did not learn from be penalized already.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 11:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: One team was fined and lost draft pick (not sure who) in 2021. I think the Raven's ill be fined and lose a pick or two as well. The cause of this is unacceptable in the Cov-19 world. All employees should have been trained and used a zero tolerance policy, you violate the rules, you are fired whether staff, coach or player.

The moron strength coach put the lives of thousands in jeopardy. The mere fact he is still employed to me tells the NFL all they need to know, huge fines and loss of top 3 draft pick in 2021 at a minimum. Otherwise, other teams will pull the same crap.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/06/us/nfl-raiders-steelers-covid-trnd/index.html

It was raiders who lost 6th round pick. Ravens have already been fined once, so this next penalty should be extreme. They obviously did not learn from be penalized already.
Yeah there's a lot of people in Baltimore who agree with you too. I expect we'll be disciplined and that's fine with me. 

Wouldn't read too much into him not being fired though. I believe he's on leave so it's not like the organization is keeping him, he'll be gone. Ravens players are rightfully angry that he put them and their families in jeopardy. They'd probably punch him if he showed his face in there.

The big argument I keep seeing around here is how much of it is Harbaugh's fault. Some think he's 100% responsible for not being strict enough. Others think it's impossible to police everything, especially the weight room, and it's all on the strength coach. I don't have an opinion because we're not close enough to really know. And all the info coming out in the future will be spun. Just seems like a ton of speculation. But as usual, people are angry and opinionated and think they know what goes on inside The Castle. 

Have any thoughts Luvnit2 or anybody else? Would you blame your coach or is this part of playing football in a pandemic and one meathead strength coach just messed up really bad?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 04:37 PM)jason Wrote: The Ravens need to wash their hands better...

How are the fantasy teams? I'm having a pretty good year so far. I have one super team and the other two will make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:42 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: How are the fantasy teams? I'm having a pretty good year so far. I have one super team and the other two will make the playoffs.

Hmm... Well. I lost 2 weeks ago because of the last second Deandre Hopkins Hail Murray play. I was heavy at wide receiver (and basically busted on my top 2 picks Zeke and Kenyan Drake) so I packaged a couple of them for Miles Sanders & Amari Cooper. I figured I could roll with Cooper and Tee Higgins. Also traded Tyler Lockett for Burrow. I started Burrow last week, and lost by 4 points. Higgins didn't have a catch after the injury either. I figure this week I'll lose by my guy taking a knee at the 1 to kill clock. Literally my worst year ever.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:39 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Yeah there's a lot of people in Baltimore who agree with you too. I expect we'll be disciplined and that's fine with me. 

Wouldn't read too much into him not being fired though. I believe he's on leave so it's not like the organization is keeping him, he'll be gone. Ravens players are rightfully angry that he put them and their families in jeopardy. They'd probably punch him if he showed his face in there.

The big argument I keep seeing around here is how much of it is Harbaugh's fault. Some think he's 100% responsible for not being strict enough. Others think it's impossible to police everything, especially the weight room, and it's all on the strength coach. I don't have an opinion because we're not close enough to really know. And all the info coming out in the future will be spun. Just seems like a ton of speculation. But as usual, people are angry and opinionated and think they know what goes on inside The Castle. 

Have any thoughts Luvnit2 or anybody else? Would you blame your coach or is this part of playing football in a pandemic and one meathead strength coach just messed up really bad?

I will say upfront it is very hard to control employees who have far different views from this virus will end the world (extremely worried) to those who think no worse than the flu as far as mortality rate (blow it off). So, I am in the middle, do all we can to not infect others or ourselves, but live life.

The only major negative I see for the HC (who in my opinion is responsible for policy being enacted is the Ravens were already fined, to be fined means they have already had major issues at least once. I also don't know how each team structures their own bubble so to speak. If I were the owner, I would hire a person who monitors the facility when anyone is in the facility. It sounds like they have some type of individual monitoring attached to each person in the building, but if I read it right, the strength coach did not wear it consistently.

That is one I say fire the strength coach, they do not need a long investigation, they already knew he did not wear a mask all the time and did not wear the monitoring device. What message do you send when he simply is placed on leave? To me, the message is it was OK for him to infect the team and put lives at risk of not only the Ravens, but the teams they played.

Having said that, my guess is the FO is deciding the fate of the coach, not the HC so they are the ones to be held accountable.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 01:21 PM)jason Wrote: Hmm... Well. I lost 2 weeks ago because of the last second Deandre Hopkins Hail Murray play. I was heavy at wide receiver (and basically busted on my top 2 picks Zeke and Kenyan Drake) so I packaged a couple of them for Miles Sanders & Amari Cooper. I figured I could roll with Cooper and Tee Higgins. Also traded Tyler Lockett for Burrow. I started Burrow last week, and lost by 4 points. Higgins didn't have a catch after the injury either. I figure this week I'll lose by my guy taking a knee at the 1 to kill clock. Literally my worst year ever.

I play in a keeper league, I had a decent draft, but in week 4 I lost my best RB, so I started trading my team away. I now have 3 1st round picks, 3 second round picks, 2 third round picks and 3 fourth round picks. I am stacked for 2021. Why did I do it, I had no trust the season would even be played and also concerned key players would be knocked out of games. Jackson , Dobbins and others this week alone will kill the hopes and dreams of fantasy playoffs for many.

Reply/Quote