Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens-Steelers postponed
(11-28-2020, 02:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I play in a keeper league, I had a decent draft, but in week 4 I lost my best RB, so I started trading my team away. I now have 3 1st round picks, 3 second round picks, 2 third round picks and 3 fourth round picks. I am stacked for 2021. Why did I do it, I had no trust the season would even be played and also concerned key players would be knocked out of games. Jackson , Dobbins and others this week alone will kill the hopes and dreams of fantasy playoffs for many.

I actually cancelled the playoffs in the one I run and set it up as a 16 game regular season. Didn't want the money to come down to Covid related stuff or worse have a shortened season with no champ. Best decision I made, wish the other leagues I'm in did that. We can go back to normal next year hopefully.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 02:27 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I actually cancelled the playoffs in the one I run and set it up as a 16 game regular season. Didn't want the money to come down to Covid related stuff or worse have a shortened season with no champ. Best decision I made, wish the other leagues I'm in did that. We can go back to normal next year hopefully.

Lets not go back to the Bengals normal.

[Image: OIP.Xg5vuZkYzBqCKqRhP6zPSgHaE4?w=263&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 02:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I play in a keeper league, I had a decent draft, but in week 4 I lost my best RB, so I started trading my team away. I now have 3 1st round picks, 3 second round picks, 2 third round picks and 3 fourth round picks. I am stacked for 2021. Why did I do it, I had no trust the season would even be played and also concerned key players would be knocked out of games. Jackson , Dobbins and others this week alone will kill the hopes and dreams of fantasy playoffs for many.

Yeah. I had a lot of trouble earlier when games were being rescheduled. I had to bench Diggs cause I was afraid of having no backup plan if the Tuesday game was cancelled. I was prepared to play without a TE that week anyway... Which I basically do already... If you don't have Kelce or Waller right now, you don't really have anybody.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:42 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: How are the fantasy teams? I'm having a pretty good year so far. I have one super team and the other two will make the playoffs.

My fantasy team had Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrow on it and in one week I lost both to IR and CoronaVirus for Jackson. I had to quickly find a decent available QB for this week in Fitzgerald of the Dolphins. Also, my two defenses that I started the year was Baltimore and the 49ers. I got rid of the 49ers a couple of weeks ago. This week with Ravens at Steelers, I picked up the Bengals as Team Defense for this week only. But the worse bust for me this year was picking up AJ Green as WR.  Sick  
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So we've been testing positive for over a week, haven't had a real practice in whenever and are still scheduled to play.

I hope the Ravens don't get on the plane and force the NFL's hand. If they make us forfeit so be it. And no, I don't care about us missing players for the Steelers game, hell we could still win. But I'd make the NFL practice the player safety they preach. We could infect the entire Steelers team playing this game, as well as the people in the hotels and Steelers' game day staff.

If it was contained and we had to play short handed, fine it's part of playing in a pandemic. But we're still testing positive.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:07 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: So we've been testing positive for over a week, haven't had a real practice in whenever and are still scheduled to play.

I hope the Ravens don't get on the plane and force the NFL's hand. If they make us forfeit so be it. And no, I don't care about us missing players for the Steelers game, hell we could still win. But I'd make the NFL practice the player safety they preach. We could infect the entire Steelers team playing this game, as well as the people in the hotels and Steelers' game day staff.

If it was contained and we had to play short handed, fine it's part of playing in a pandemic. But we're still testing positive.

I don't disagree, at this point Ravens should forfeit. Then be fined a million dollars and lose a 4th or 5th round pick.  They are a repeat offender of rules violations and put the entire NFL in danger.

Sadly, Ravens may not be able to play by Sunday against Dallas either, if so forfeit again.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:38 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: One step closer to Covid erasing the season...

excellent....

No season is better then a season in which pitt is undefeated.

Come on Covid, do your thing!

If this game gets cancelled, I'll kill someone.  

In the fantasy league with my best friends since childhood, I'm in second place by one game and I'm down 14 points but still have Chris Carson tonight and Diontae Johnson tomorrow night.  

To make matters worse, the person in first place lost this week, and so did almost everyone else in the playoff hunt, and I'm ahead of him in points winning would put me in first and lock me in for the playoffs.  If I lose, there's no guarantee, especially since my remaining schedule is tough.

Gotta hope Carson puts up at least 80 yards with a score and at least one catch.

Please don't let the Raven and Steelers be my reason for losing this week and the entire season.
Reply/Quote
The game has just been moved to Wednesday now.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30423599/baltimore-ravens-pittsburgh-steelers-game-postponed-again-wednesday-source-says
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:46 PM)cinci4life Wrote: The game has just been moved to Wednesday now.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30423599/baltimore-ravens-pittsburgh-steelers-game-postponed-again-wednesday-source-says

Giving me a little bit of hope.

I only need D Johnson to get 1 catch for 20 yards and I win and I'm in first.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 11:24 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Giving me a little bit of hope.

I only need D Johnson to get 1 catch for 20 yards and I win and I'm in first.

Well it sounds like its good to go. Ravens got the go ahead to fly to Pittsburgh.

Ravens clear to fly to Pittsburgh for Wednesday's Week 12 game (nfl.com)
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 09:36 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Well it sounds like its good to go. Ravens got the go ahead to fly to Pittsburgh.

Ravens clear to fly to Pittsburgh for Wednesday's Week 12 game (nfl.com)

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47924ez7b49ix6xi6w1q...=giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It should be an interesting game. I really want the Ravens to win (as I do all teams who play the Squealers), but they probably won't because they're missing too many players and have not practiced at all recently. If they can come close to beating the Steelers at all, it means that the Chiefs could really beat them head-to-head.
Reply/Quote
Fellow Bengal fans, who we rooting for in this one?

As much as I hate the Steelers, I somewhat want the Ravens to lose. 6-5 with a chance at freefalling out of the playoff race. More fuel for the “they know our plays” drama from Lamar. Smug Ravens fans going back in their hole...

BUT, Steelers need a loss to stop that perfect season mumbo jumbo...

Can we get a tie?
Reply/Quote
Any other team in that situation and they throw a flag for defensive delay of game but of course never against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 07:06 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Any other team in that situation and they throw a flag for defensive delay of game but of course never against the Steelers.

Cost the Ravens a TD that would have made a big difference.

Not even mad, though. Ravens fault for keeping RGIII in for so long. He’s trash, both as a person and as a player.

McSorley backers are going crazy. Dude would have beaten the Steelers, which is sad. This should have been a blowout for the Steelers. They’re gonna pull a Ravens in the playoffs
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Thanks for nothing Baltimore.

Reply/Quote
RGIII is a trash person huh? And you guys wonder why I post on a Bengals message board. I present Exhibit A. RGIII has done nothing but be a model teammate since he's been in Baltimore. Always putting out positive messages on social media and saying how grateful he is to be here. Been there for Lamar. I agree that he's not a good football player but Pat...c'mon man. McSorley has a rag arm too. But you saw him light it up in the preseason and think he miles better, right?

Go on Spiderman, tell me more about football.
Reply/Quote
What are our rivals perception of Ravens fans? We generally see Steelers fans as bandwagoners. Browns fans as crybabies. Bengals as loveable losers who hate their team. I see smug Ravens fans here. Go ahead and give it to me straight, how do "my people" look from the outside?

And yes, I can't wait to hopefully get Pittsburgh in the playoffs. We'd run you out of your own house. Your players are running their mouths an awful lot. Hope they can cash that check.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 09:40 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: RGIII is a trash person huh? And you guys wonder why I post on a Bengals message board. I present Exhibit A. RGIII has done nothing but be a model teammate since he's been in Baltimore. Always putting out positive messages on social media and saying how grateful he is to be here. Been there for Lamar. I agree that he's not a good football player but Pat...c'mon man. McSorley has a rag arm too. But you saw him light it up in the preseason and think he miles better, right?

Go on Spiderman, tell me more about football.

RGIII left his wife and kid for a college student, cutting them off financially and leaving them with two house payments to handle. He offered child support only if they go through arbitration not the courts, leading her to have to sue for temporary child support a year later as he continued to not provide support. 

He's a sack of shit person. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ok then fair enough, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. If leaving your wife and negotiating child support makes you a bad person then the country is full of bad people. That's my take on it.

And who knows what happened behind closed doors in their house, we definitely don't. I don't always take the woman's side in the instances I've witnessed throughout my life or just assume it must be all the man's fault. She could've been a horrible person who married him for money and treated him like crap or cheated on him. Again we don't know. I do know he's been a model, humble teammate which wasn't his reputation before he got here. Also, people can change and gain perspective as they get older.

As for the Steelers... Tuitt: 'pad your stats boys, should be an easy one'. Foster: 'stop ducking us, Ravens'. Juju: 'imagine getting stiff armed 10 yds by a tik tok influencer'.

We see you. I don't pray for football. But if the football gods can let us have a three match that would be great. It's been a tough year after all.
Reply/Quote