Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens: Why all the hype?
(09-13-2015, 10:33 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: WTH!! Manning is one of the greatest. Regardless holding a team to 219 offense is a great Day on defense not ok ThumbsUp

I think this is mannings last ride and it wont be a glorious off into the sunset type deal.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:06 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Man you are sitting on a wish for the Ravens to be 7-9.

I think my 7 wins will be closer than his 11.

I just have a feeling this is the year they can't overcome the losses

There starting 22 is and has always been very good, but they also had time to develop the bench for replacements. They just can't afford injuries to the same position. I always thought McPhee was a hybrid who spelled DL or Suggs and he left to free agency.Then Suggs is now gone. The next guy up can't get hurt as they lack depth now.

We will see, but I think their defense while food yesterday played a team with an old QB running an offensive scheme not suited to his strengths. I love the Broncos defense in 2015, but their OL is poo, their RB's are average and their QB is getting older by the second. So, they change to a new offense early (I think they change back soon) and Manning looked like a bad NFL QB, not the great one of the past. My point is the Ravens defense looked great against a bad offense right now so let's see how they look against the Steelers soon and then judge them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 04:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think my 7 wins will be closer than his 11.

I just have a feeling this is the year they can't overcome the losses

There starting 22 is and has always been very good, but they also had time to develop the bench for replacements. They just can't afford injuries to the same position. I always thought McPhee was a hybrid who spelled DL or Suggs and he left to free agency.Then Suggs is now gone. The next guy up can't get hurt as they lack depth now.

We will see, but I think their defense while food yesterday played a team with an old QB running an offensive scheme not suited to his strengths. I love the Broncos defense in 2015, but their OL is poo, their RB's are average and their QB is getting older by the second. So, they change to a new offense early (I think they change back soon) and Manning looked like a bad NFL QB, not the great one of the past. My point is the Ravens defense looked great against a bad offense right now so let's see how they look against the Steelers soon and then judge them.

@DEN- L
@OAK- W
CIN- W
@PITT- L
CLE- W
@SF- W
@ARI- L
SD- W
JAC- W
STL- W
@CLE- W
@MIA- W
SEA- L
KC- W
PIT- W
@CIN- L

That's me with a good 11-5 season guess. We lose in Miami it's 10-6. We get swept by a division opponent, it's 9-7. In order for you to be right, we need to be 8-8 or worse. With this schedule, what are the 3 games I got wrong?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Well St. Louis isnt a push over game and KC could be rough... Really any of these games could go either way... with a few exceptions
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well St. Louis isnt a push over game and KC could be rough... Really any of these games could go either way... with a few exceptions

Yea, but they're home games. St. Louis played up for a division rival they always play up for at home. Kansas City could make a run at their division, but we tend to not lose to out of division teams at home unless they have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady at the helm. 

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 04:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: @DEN- L
@OAK- W
CIN- W
@PITT- L
CLE- W
@SF- W
@ARI- L
SD- W
JAC- W
STL- W
@CLE- W
@MIA- W
SEA- L
KC- W
PIT- W
@CIN- L

That's me with a good 11-5 season guess. We lose in Miami it's 10-6. We get swept by a division opponent, it's 9-7. In order for you to be right, we need to be 8-8 or worse. With this schedule, what are the 3 games I got wrong?

I will let you know in January as I have no idea how injuries shake out yet, but they will be a factor

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will let you know in January as I have no idea how injuries shake out yet, but they will be a factor

So you're certain that they will be, AT BEST, 7-9 but can't actually tell me how they will get there?

Cool story. 

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 08:51 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you're certain that they will be, AT BEST, 7-9 but can't actually tell me how they will get there?

Cool story. 

I don't recall citing my opinion was certain. It is my opinion.

I did cite my reasoning as a lack of depth and fatigue due to poor cap management and injuries.

Your only reasoning for getting 11 wins is past success as other than that your team did nothing to improve in the off season. How are they going to get more wins against a tougher schedule in 2015?

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't recall citing my opinion was certain. It is my opinion.

I did cite my reasoning as a lack of depth and fatigue due to poor cap management and injuries.

Your only reasoning for getting 11 wins is past success as other than that your team did nothing to improve in the off season so how are they going to get more wins against a tougher schedule in 2015?

My goodness, you just constantly say stuff without really saying anything at all.

"My opinion is that maybe, possibly, the Bengals could win some football games and the Ravens may win some or they may lose some along with the Steelers. I believe the losses of certain DE and NT that the Ravens could lose games but they also could not, as nothing is certain and nobody knows for sure. Who knows? I do know that I disagree with your opinion and you disagree with my opinion but nobody knows so it's opinion and I think your opinion is your opinion which I disagree with."

That's every Luvnit post, ever.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, but they're home games. St. Louis played up for a division rival they always play up for at home. Kansas City could make a run at their division, but we tend to not lose to out of division teams at home unless they have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady at the helm. 

True enough you guys take advantage of your home field advantage about as well as any team in the league..

We get first crack at you this year though... And we are going for a record on road wins for the QB... but 7-1 at home isnt bad lol

And i think we take that game... but only cause its catching your Ravens at the right time.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't recall citing my opinion was certain. It is my opinion.

Your only reasoning for getting 11 wins is past success as other than that your team did nothing to improve in the off season.  How are they going to get more wins against a tougher schedule in 2015?

Based on a favorable split of road and home games, the Ravens will face most of their toughest opponents at home.

Given their current roster, the production their offense put up against average defenses in the preseason, and the strength of the defense,

I'm guessing those wins will be wins and losses will be losses.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm guessing those wins will be wins and losses will be losses.

I work with a guy who says things like this all the time.

"The inside is the inside and the outside is the outside"
"That's 6 1/2 of one, 5 1/2 of the other"
"I'm sorry ma'am. I can't go back to the future and answer that question" (to someone on the phone)
"Tulane is the only thing that rhymes with Depaul"

^All actual quotes, along with many more.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 04:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: @DEN- L
@OAK- W
CIN- W
@PITT- L
CLE- W
@SF- W
@ARI- L
SD- W
JAC- W
STL- W
@CLE- W
@MIA- W
SEA- L
KC- W
PIT- W
@CIN- L

I would flip SF to a L and a L at Miami a possible sweep by either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati .. so i have them going 9-7 or 8-8
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 08:14 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: I would flip SF to a L and a L at Miami a possible sweep by either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati .. so i have them going 9-7 or 8-8

The Miami one I could see. While Flacco has been really good against them his whole career, this could be their year to actually make some noise. I just don't see us losing to San Fran. Jimmy Smith will shut down Torrey. Boldin will see coverage by Webb, Hill, and Mosley at various points. Hyde looked good last night, but that was Minnesota and our run D should be very solid.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The Miami one I could see. While Flacco has been really good against them his whole career, this could be their year to actually make some noise. I just don't see us losing to San Fran. Jimmy Smith will shut down Torrey. Boldin will see coverage by Webb, Hill, and Mosley at various points. Hyde looked good last night, but that was Minnesota and our run D should be very solid.

Im not the only one wondering about back to back west coast games.. here is link to some baltimore pundits that think the same thing.  

The more i look at Baltimores offense,, the more I wonder how much they will struggle on the road without home field advantage.. I could see this offense putting up less than 20 points a game.. and i don't see this as the Ravens defense of old where of holding teams under 20 points.. i see 8-8 more and more for this team

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-instant-analysis-of-the-ravens-2015-schedule-20150420-story.html
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 07:09 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Im not the only one wondering about back to back west coast games.. here is link to some baltimore pundits that think the same thing.  

The more i look at Baltimores offense,, the more I wonder how much they will struggle on the road without home field advantage.. I could see this offense putting up less than 20 points a game.. and i don't see this as the Ravens defense of old where of holding teams under 20 points.. i see 8-8 more and more for this team

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-instant-analysis-of-the-ravens-2015-schedule-20150420-story.html

Luckily it's during the first part of the schedule. Hopefully they can get through it.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 08:17 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Luckily it's during the first part of the schedule. Hopefully they can get through it.

Like i stated West Coast killer... Ravens 0-2 with Bengals going 2-0... almost a must win for Baltimore this coming Sunday against Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:43 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Like i stated West Coast killer... Ravens 0-2 with Bengals going 2-0... almost a must win for Baltimore this coming Sunday against Bengals.

If we won today, I'd feel less sure about next Sunday. Given the situation now, it's a "must win" as you've said.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If we won today, I'd feel less sure about next Sunday. Given the situation now, it's a "must win" as you've said.

well as i state almost a must win.. a bit early in season for a must win... but going 0-3 with Bengals being 3-0 in division does put Ravens at a big disadvantage.... Bengals have to bring their "A" game to Baltimore but they do look like a so much better team offense and defense right now over the Ravens
Reply/Quote
This is going to be an interesting game next week.

We'll see if the Ravens can escape the death sentence - an 0-3 start. Only 2% of teams from 1990 to 2013 go to the playoffs after starting the season 0-3, down from 12% for 0-2 teams.
Reply/Quote