Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens are gonna stomp this team Sunday
(11-04-2019, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you all notice how the announcers were making excuses for Brady? They tried to say that Marshall Newhouse was getting blown up at LT actually had an effect on the QB play. Then they talked about how the Patriots had to gho out and get some help at WR when Brown and Gordon were out. Don't they realize that REAL quarterbacks don't need pass protection? If Brady needs everything to be perfect around him to be succesful then he sucks.

I get the point you’re trying to make here, but Brady is light years ahead of Dalton. Way less unforced errors, no shrinkage under the big lights. Tom has made a career out of passing to middling talents at WR, plus a few seasons with Moss, and obviously Gronk. Pass pro sinks almost all QB’s when it’s bad.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 01:14 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I get the point you’re trying to make here, but Brady is light years ahead of Dalton. Way less unforced errors, no shrinkage under the big lights. Tom has made a career out of passing to middling talents at WR, plus a few seasons with Moss, and obviously Gronk. Pass pro sinks almost all QB’s when it’s bad.

There’s no question Tom Brady might be the best quarterback in the game today — and maybe ever — but last night was not his best outing. The ball he threw which resulted in a pick by Earl Thomas looked more like something Andy Dalton would have thrown late in the fourth quarter. It wasn’t even close.

Anyway, I don’t see Cincinnati even being a factor against the Ravens. If anything, Baltimore is playing even faster than they were at the beginning of the season. I hope Ryan Finley becomes a great quarterback but that’s not going to start this week. I just hope Lou Anarumo has an answer for Lamar Jackson and Mark Ingram.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you all notice how the announcers were making excuses for Brady?  They tried to say that Marshall Newhouse was getting blown up at LT actually had an effect on the QB play.  Then they talked about how the Patriots had to gho out and get some help at WR when Brown and Gordon were out.  Don't they realize that REAL quarterbacks don't need pass protection?  If Brady needs everything to be perfect around him to be succesful then he sucks.

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.....

Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you all notice how the announcers were making excuses for Brady?  They tried to say that Marshall Newhouse was getting blown up at LT actually had an effect on the QB play.  Then they talked about how the Patriots had to gho out and get some help at WR when Brown and Gordon were out.  Don't they realize that REAL quarterbacks don't need pass protection?  If Brady needs everything to be perfect around him to be succesful then he sucks.

Brady is only 8-1 this season and won two of the last three SBs. So I see what you are saying, he must suck. I only wish our QBs sucked as bad as he does.

Reply/Quote

Uh....wrong...Wake me up when Dalton even shows close to the mobility of Brady. Brady is a cheetah in the pocket compared to AD...
Reply/Quote
People do realize we played them less than a month ago and lost 17-23 right? A late score made it look better, but still we did give up 15 less points than the Patriots vaunted defense did. Not saying we are better than Patriots and not saying we are going to win, but it's weird to use last night as some sort of barometer about this weeks game when we literally have a previous match up between these two teams to compare.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: People do realize we played them less than a month ago and lost 17-23 right? A late score made it look better, but still we did give up 15 less points than the Patriots vaunted defense did. Not saying we are better than Patriots and not saying we are going to win, but it's weird to use last night as some sort of barometer about this weeks game when we literally have a previous match up between these two teams to compare.

I doubt that the Ravens are as amped up to play us as they were the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 12:20 PM)RASCAL Wrote: yeah he sucks alright! HOW MANY SB'S? get a job and leave the board with this shit!

Don't squeal at me.   I was not the one saying that poor pass protection last night effected Brady's game. It was the announcers on TV.  They also said the Patriots had to bring in WR talent with Brown and Gordon gone.

Haven't you heard all the guys around here who say good QBs don't need talent around them?  Claiming a QB needs talented teammates is just "making excuses" for a poor QB, right?
Reply/Quote
key to winning is TOP keep lamar and the offense on the bench

Of course that would be easier if we could run the ball at all
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt that the Ravens are as amped up to play us as they were the Patriots.

..So then using their domination of the Patriots last night as a reflection as to what they will do to us still makes no sense, as we saw when we played them a month ago. My point remains, not sure why last night has any impact on next week. If anything it sets up for potential let down game by the Ravens as they go from Patriots to Bengals then to a playoff contending Texans team. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: ..So then using their domination of the Patriots last night as a reflection as to what they will do to us still makes no sense, as we saw when we played them a month ago. My point remains, not sure why last night has any impact on next week. If anything it sets up for potential let down game by the Ravens as they go from Patriots to Bengals then to a playoff contending Texans team. 

Yep. A huge equality between the best and worst teams in this league. Most games come down to a handful of plays.......Still a division game and very well could go down to the last 3-4 minutes..
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 03:35 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Yep. A huge equality between the best and worst teams in this league. Most games come down to a handful of plays.......Still a division game and very well could go down to the last 3-4 minutes..

I think the wildcard here is Finley. Being his 1st start they don't have any tape on him which is why we have seen a rash of 1st year QB's have success this year versus many of the struggles of second year QB's. On the other hand though Finley could struggle with a blitz heavy Martendale defense. 

If I am Taylor and I have Auden Tate and AJ Green with a rookie QB, if I am getting cover 0 Looks I am checking to max protection and 9 routes and letting my big receivers go up and make big plays. 
Reply/Quote
We had the week off to prepare for Baltimore. We got this! Ninja
Reply/Quote
Yep, it's gonna be ugly.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: People do realize we played them less than a month ago and lost 17-23 right? A late score made it look better, but still we did give up 15 less points than the Patriots vaunted defense did. Not saying we are better than Patriots and not saying we are going to win, but it's weird to use last night as some sort of barometer about this weeks game when we literally have a previous match up between these two teams to compare.

Even though the Ravens ran all over thr Bengals The Bengals defense were really stingy in the redzone.

That's something that's been fairly common all season with the Defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Bengals always played Ravens tough under AD and Lewis

It will be interesting to see how the do under Finley and ZT this week.

I say I would not be shocked if closer game than some expect.

Pats lost, but they did shut/slow down Ravens offense after 1st quarter for most part. Did other teams learn anything to stop their running game after 1st quarter? Maybe or maybe not
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: key to winning is TOP   keep lamar and the offense on the bench

Of course that would be easier if we could run the ball at all

Also if our team could stop the run, which has been not good thus far
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 01:07 AM)Trademark Wrote: They are smacking the Patriots. Sunday will be a bloodbath.

Ya but we ant the crappy ass Patriots. We are the fearsome Bengals. New Dey bit$hes.
Reply/Quote
Ingram and Jackson should run wild!
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 04:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think the wildcard here is Finley. Being his 1st start they don't have any tape on him which is why we have seen a rash of 1st year QB's have success this year versus many of the struggles of second year QB's. On the other hand though Finley could struggle with a blitz heavy Martendale defense. 

If I am Taylor and I have Auden Tate and AJ Green with a rookie QB, if I am getting cover 0 Looks I am checking to max protection and 9 routes and letting my big receivers go up and make big plays. 

Not to mention he looked good moving in and out of the pocket in the pre-season buying time with his eyes up surveying the field..Easier to throw those short passes many times outside the pocket. AD just made a living getting balls batted down..

Still going to come down to the D getting a few more stops to get off the field with the Ravens deep in their own end. Seems like the D has rarely been able to flip the field this year to help out the O...
Reply/Quote