Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ravens at Bengals game
(01-04-2023, 05:15 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Baltimore game at 1.

Scheduling tells me the AFC N has been decided already along with the top seeds. They’re not putting a 1pm game with high stakes there.

No contest it is.

Game has been listed @ 1 for a while now. (when searching NFL Scores)
Reply/Quote

Scheduling tells me the AFC N has been decided already along with the top seeds. They’re not putting a 1pm game with high stakes there.

No contest it is.

They need to come out and say that then...come out and say ANYTHING at this point. The fact that Goodell or anyone in the NFL has come out and offered information or at least publicly talked in a press conference is ***** asinine at this point. 

Biggest thing to happen to the NFL in 25 years and not a peep from the league office other than "wait and see". 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Yep it would appear the division is locked up. If there was any question to what they'd do they would have left it at 4:25.
Reply/Quote
Yeah think that gives us the division now let’s stuff the rat birds to make it emphatic.

Then Fingers crossed New England beat the bills.

And good luck to the NFL if those both happen and KC get beat too LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:23 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Yeah think that gives us the division now let’s stuff the rat birds to make it emphatic.

Then Fingers crossed New England beat the bills.

And good luck to the NFL if those both happen and KC get beat too LOL

NFL just announced the official game time, 1pm Sunday.  

This is what I thought would happen, b/c the NFL wouldn't want the Pats/Bills game to affect the game time decisions of the Ravens and Bengals.  I also expect a decision to be announced regarding the Bengals/ Bills sometime around 4pm Sunday. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They need to come out and say that then...come out and say ANYTHING at this point. The fact that Goodell or anyone in the NFL has come out and offered information or at least publicly talked in a press conference is ***** asinine at this point. 

Biggest thing to happen to the NFL in 25 years and not a peep from the league office other than "wait and see". 

They stated the game was postponed, games will go on as norm this weekend, there is no rush to decide Bills and Bengals let the focus be on this weekend and teams play to win.. that is the point of football. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: They stated the game was postponed, games will go on as norm this weekend, there is no rush to decide Bills and Bengals let the focus be on this weekend and teams play to win.. that is the point of football. 

There's a competitive disadvantage to the Bengals if they go into Sunday not knowing the status of the Ravens/Bengals game. 

If the NFL decides a no contest or tie, the Bengals win the North and there's no reason for the Bengals to play a single starter this weekend. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They need to come out and say that then...come out and say ANYTHING at this point. The fact that Goodell or anyone in the NFL has come out and offered information or at least publicly talked in a press conference is ***** asinine at this point. 

they say all games will go on as scheduled week 18  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/04/nfl-announces-ravens-bengals-will-kick-off-at-1-p-m-et-on-sunday/

And they will make a decision on bills bengals when they can
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yep it would appear the division is locked up. If there was any question to what they'd do they would have left it at 4:25.

You might be correct but putting it at 1 pm also pushes starters to play since it is matched against the Bills at 1 pm... and gives emphasis for Ravens to play starters for better seed..
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There's a competitive disadvantage to the Bengals if they go into Sunday not knowing the status of the Ravens/Bengals game. 

If the NFL decides a no contest or tie, the Bengals win the North and there's no reason for the Bengals to play a single starter this weekend. 

First, there is a reason to play starters if you are wanting a better seed, they can still get the 2nd seed unless you forgot that, second the NFL is not happy with the benching of players that can help or hinder other teams.. im good with it
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they say all games will go on as scheduled week 18  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/04/nfl-announces-ravens-bengals-will-kick-off-at-1-p-m-et-on-sunday/

And they will make a decision on bills bengals when they can

If they don't decide on the Bill/Bengals game before Sunday then its complete and utter bullshit. You can't just go with a "wait and see" approach after this weekend's games...and if that's what they want to do...they need to tell teams and fans that before Sunday.
Reply/Quote

No contest it is.

Or it could be since Buffalo's game was already scheduled at 1pm it would give both teams approximately the same amount of rest should they resume the game next week.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First, there is a reason to play starters if you are wanting a better seed, they can still get the 2nd seed unless you forgot that, second the NFL is not happy with the benching of players that can help or hinder other teams.. im good with it

See above. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If they don't decide on the Bill/Bengals game before Sunday then its complete and utter bullshit. You can't just go with a "wait and see" approach after this weekend's games...and if you do...you need to tell teams that. 

you can tell them after they play Sunday if that is what they decide... focus on the Ravens, lets win and see where it takes us
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: See above. 

So you agree that actually the game with Ravens has seeding impact.. good
Reply/Quote
Doubtful, but maybe they're going to make Buffalo forfeit the MNF game and that decides the division. If the case you're playing for the #1 seed!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:57 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Doubtful, but maybe they're going to make Buffalo forfeit the MNF game and that decides the division. If the case you're playing for the #1 seed!

No way, the NFL suspended the game itself.. they are not going to than have Buffalo forfeit... 
Reply/Quote
First and Foremost I hope Hamlin makes a complete recovery. Second though is it really sucks that they won’t makeup the Bengals Bills game. I’d be furious if this ends up costing the Bengals down the stretch. The idea of handing teams wins or losses that is unearned or teams forfeiting or deleting wins or losses from other teams is Bullcrap. Watch KC benefit from this and win the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 06:15 PM)packerbacker Wrote: First and Foremost I hope Hamlin makes a complete recovery. Second though is it really sucks that they won’t makeup the Bengals Bills game. I’d be furious if this ends up costing the Bengals down the stretch. The idea of handing teams wins or losses that is unearned or teams forfeiting or deleting wins or losses from other teams is Bullcrap. Watch KC benefit from this and win the Super Bowl.

Nah bengals will beat the chiefs. I think it would be unfair to the bengals to have to play in buffalo though. And of course the top seed would be nice if the chiefs lose and we win.

But I expect us to win the AFC. I’m not sure if we can beat a healthy Eagles team though. They are unstoppable with Hurts healthy. But it’d be an epic win and definitely possible with this team.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If they don't decide on the Bill/Bengals game before Sunday then its complete and utter bullshit. You can't just go with a "wait and see" approach after this weekend's games...and if that's what they want to do...they need to tell teams and fans that before Sunday.

It's never good to make up rules after the competition. Let all parties know the decision before this week's games. Waiting to see who wins and who loses and then make a decision is making up the rules after the games. Tell us the rules before the games.
Reply/Quote