Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens deal with Brockers falls through
As it turns out, the Ravens will not be signing Rams DT Michael Brockers to a $30M deal. He will be re-signing with the Rams for $33M over 3 years with $16M guaranteed.

Sometimes the rich don't always get richer.. Mellow

https://nfltraderumors.co/michael-brockers-deal-with-ravens-falls-through-re-signing-with-rams/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What’s up with these deals falling apart? Does this happen every year and I’m just not remembering?

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What’s up with these deals falling apart? Does this happen every year and I’m just not remembering?

I think that it has to do with an inability to get physical exams, right now.  Every time I read about a deal "falling through" it mentions failing to agree on final terms, which may indicate a team being unwilling to agree to "X" amount of guaranteed money without a full physical exam.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What’s up with these deals falling apart? Does this happen every year and I’m just not remembering?

This particular 1 is being attributed to lack of ability to give him a physical after he ended 2019 with an injury.
Reply/Quote
He resigned with the Rams.
Reply/Quote
This is just fantastic news. I've been freaked out wondering how the hell the Bengals were going to be running the ball against those guys. This opens it up a little bit more at least! They'll have to draft someone in the 1st round to replace someone like him which means maybe a LB falls from that spot to the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 06:21 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: This is just fantastic news. I've been freaked out wondering how the hell the Bengals were going to be running the ball against those guys. This opens it up a little bit more at least! They'll have to draft someone in the 1st round to replace someone like him which means maybe a LB falls from that spot to the Bengals?

I think, in addition to not getting Brockers, that they also lost the human wall named Pierce.  And they traded some Worm guy to the Steelers too.  Maybe they draft a DT in the first and let Murray fall to us. 

Although, knowing those SOB's, they'll find a stud in the 6th or 7th.  I despise how well that organization is run.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 06:26 PM)McC Wrote: I think, in addition to not getting Brockers, that they also lost the human wall named Pierce.  And they traded some Worm guy to the Steelers too.  Maybe they draft a DT in the first and let Murray fall to us. 

Although, knowing those SOB's, they'll find a stud in the 6th or 7th.  I despise how well that organization is run.

Yeah, they won't be totally inept out there, they did sign Calais Campbell..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 06:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, they won't be totally inept out there, they did sign Calais Campbell..

Shit. I like they lost Brockers but Calais is a stud, just replaced Suggs. Bastids.

Will be tough as usual playing the Ravens. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 06:26 PM)McC Wrote: I think, in addition to not getting Brockers, that they also lost the human wall named Pierce.  And they traded some Worm guy to the Steelers too.  Maybe they draft a DT in the first and let Murray fall to us. 

True, they were well run but let's see how they do without Ozzie Newsome running the draft for them now.

Their first draft after him wasn't really anything special in 2019, so maybe they will have a step back.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 12:49 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: True, they were well run but let's see how they do without Ozzie Newsome running the draft for them now.

Their first draft after him wasn't really anything special in 2019, so maybe they will have a step back.

Hollywood Brown definitely had moments.  The offense is set up for TE's. 

But they absolutely killed it with the FA's they signed and the Peters trade.  Not to mention, I'm sure Ozzie is never more than a text message away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote