Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens fans should be ashamed...
All the Flippin breaks you guys got, all the penalties the absolutely ridiculous reversal of an obvious Tyler Eifert touchdown.

And you still lost.

0 - 3 douchebags
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:29 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: All the Flippin breaks you guys got, all the penalties the absolutely ridiculous reversal of an obvious Tyler Eifert touchdown.

And you still lost.

0 - 3 douchebags

The Eifert touchdown, while an annoying rule, was called correctly. It's a dumb rule they have now that has cost teams in the playoffs (ask the Cowboys) but based off that rule, it was correctly called an incomplete pass. I don't like it, it's annoying but it's the current rule.

0-3 for the dbags though is correct.   Cool

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:29 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: All the Flippin breaks you guys got, all the penalties the absolutely ridiculous reversal of an obvious Tyler Eifert touchdown.

And you still lost.

0 - 3 douchebags

Waiting to hear John Harbaugh blame the loss on the refs.
Reply/Quote
I don't see how two feet down , after possession, and crossing the plane is not a touchdown.

Seriously that was absolutely the worst call I have ever seen in my 39 years on this ****** up planet
Reply/Quote
The only breaks a Ravens fan around here should be ashamed of is his a likely close fantasy win this week because his frickin kicker got 17 points.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Wasn't a TD by the rules. Should have been at least a first down on the line if Tyler tucked the ball while being tackled instead of reaching but I can't blame him for trying. Marvin should have taken the field goal anyway. You don't take a chance on having a 3 score lead when battling an AFC north team unless it is the Browns.
Reply/Quote
I still want this explained to me.

Catch, two feet down, football move, ball breaks the plane.

How the hell is this not a touchdown?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:49 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I still want this explained to me.

Catch,  two feet down, football move, ball breaks the plane.

How the hell is this not a touchdown?

It's some new thing about completing the act of the catch all the way to the ground. The ball can't be dropped as you hit the ground, or move as you fall out of bounds. It started with a Calvin Johnson catch if memory serves correctly, and now it's an actual rule. You can google search it, same thing happened to Dez and the Cowboys against the Packers in the playoffs. It's a dumb rule, but it is the current rule and was called correctly.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I was thinking that was true if you were in the endzone, but if you establish control outside the end zone, then the second the ball crosses it's a TD. Play over.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was thinking that was true if you were in the endzone, but if you establish control outside the end zone, then the second the ball crosses it's a TD.  Play over.

Only when you're already established as a runner. In this instance, the defender was there simultaneously and Eifert was required to complete the play through the ground. It's the refs judgement on when he's a runner or still a receiver.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The Eifert touchdown, while an annoying rule, was called correctly.

I disagree...and even bet the NFL issues an apology. When Eifert turned and extended the ball over the goal line, he ade a football move and became a runner. At that point all he had to do was break the plane.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Only when you're already established as a runner. In this instance, the defender was there simultaneously and Eifert was required to complete the play through the ground. It's the refs judgement on when he's a runner or still a receiver.

Sadly that's the way they call it.

And that would be okay of they called it the same way every game.  In the NO game guy caught the ball turned was hit, ball came loose...fumble.

No consistency at all fro crew to crew and game to game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sadly that's the way they call it.

And that would be okay of they called it the same way every game.  In the NO game guy caught the ball turned was hit, ball came loose...fumble.

No consistency at all fro crew to crew and game to game.

Yup. Whenever a refs judgement is used, inconsistency prevails.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
By all rights it should have been a TD, it's a stupid rule. If the receiver has control in bounds and takes steps he becomes a runner.

That rule should only apply if the receiver never establishes himself as a runner in the field of play.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:36 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The only breaks a Ravens fan around here should be ashamed of is his a likely close fantasy win this week because his frickin kicker got 17 points.

That is the biggest insult I've ever been dealt !!
Ravens fan......pffffffttt !!
:angry:

My previous kicker had ZERO points the 2 previous weeks, so I guess I signed the right replacement.
And.... you're just mad that my kicker outscored Gronk.
Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:58 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: That is the biggest insult I've ever been dealt !!
Ravens fan......pffffffttt !!
:angry:

My previous kicker had ZERO points the 2 previous weeks, so I guess I signed the right replacement.
And.... you're just mad that my kicker outscored Gronk.
Tongue

What are you talking about...kickers? What's up with that?

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:43 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: Wasn't a TD by the rules.  Should have been at least a first down on the line if Tyler tucked the ball while being tackled instead of reaching but I can't blame him for trying.  Marvin should have taken the field goal anyway.  You don't take a chance on having a 3 score lead when battling an AFC north team unless it is the Browns.

Exactly. I have no idea why you pass on a sure 3 possession lead to go for the TD in that instance. Bad call by Marvin, bad job of securing the football by Eifert, good call by the zebras.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:29 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: All the Flippin breaks you guys got, all the penalties the absolutely ridiculous reversal of an obvious Tyler Eifert touchdown.

And you still lost.

0 - 3 douchebags

I read this in Roger's voice.

And now I can't stop laughing.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 09:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What are you talking about...kickers? What's up with that?

Because.....

[Image: lol_he_mad_486735.jpg]

To be fair, his defense could very well score the 20+ points tonight to win.
You never know.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:29 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: All the Flippin breaks you guys got, all the penalties the absolutely ridiculous reversal of an obvious Tyler Eifert touchdown.

And you still lost.

0 - 3 douchebags

if they cant beat the steelers led by vick it might be time to blow the thing up...

And by Thing i mean ray lewis statue.
Reply/Quote