Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens fans should be ashamed...
(09-27-2015, 07:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was thinking that was true if you were in the endzone, but if you establish control outside the end zone, then the second the ball crosses it's a TD.  Play over.

(09-27-2015, 07:43 PM)Beaker Wrote: I disagree...and even bet the NFL issues an apology. When Eifert turned and extended the ball over the goal line, he [m]ade a football move and became a runner. At that point all he had to do was break the plane.

Yup.

It ended up not mattering (unless you've got Eifert on your fantasy team), but it's going to at some point for some team this season. The league needs to look at getting it right before it costs someone a playoff game. Which, obviously, won't be the Ravens as it looks like they're trying to get a top five pick for a pass rusher in 2016.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 02:23 PM)Benton Wrote: Yup.

It ended up not mattering (unless you've got Eifert on your fantasy team), but it's going to at some point for some team this season. The league needs to look at getting it right before it costs someone a playoff game. Which, obviously, won't be the Ravens as it looks like they're trying to get a top five pick for a pass rusher in 2016.

Nah...This one is clearly not a TD and requires no judgement call at all.  Player was contacted and in the process of being tackled prior to the second foot touching the ground.  By rule the player must maintain control of the ball through the ground while being tackled as this becomes the "football move".  

Heck had he been contacted just after the second foot touched the ground the same "objective" rule would apply and would have been an easy overturn.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 02:58 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Nah...This one is clearly not a TD and requires no judgement call at all.  Player was contacted and in the process of being tackled prior to the second foot touching the ground.  By rule the player must maintain control of the ball through the ground while being tackled as this becomes the "football move".  

Heck had he been contacted just after the second foot touched the ground the same "objective" rule would apply and would have been an easy overturn.

im fine with the call as long as they are consistant with it and they have been at least against the bengals.

i had eifert on my fantasy but AJ made up for it.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 02:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if they cant beat the steelers led by vick it might be time to blow the thing up...

And by Thing i mean ray lewis statue.

We can find the kid who burned down the CVS...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote