Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens interested in Mike Wallace
(03-12-2016, 04:20 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Hold up. Maybe the Steelers could use him  Sad

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14958283/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers-faces-year-long-suspension

We need to draft a 6'3 alien faced reciever with dreads and switch his jersey with Bryant's.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:26 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I would think that Wallace will come cheap to whoever signs him. He's now old, on his 4th team, and everyone now knows that he's a "one trick pony" with a bad case of the dropsies. 

Apparently mike wallace didnt know he was a one trick pony when he predicted that he was gonna get 2000 yards in 2011

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2011/8/3/2341312/steelers-mike-wallace-jerry-rice

While he may not have reached 2K, he did come within an eyelash of it with 1193
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 04:30 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: TBH all they have is a very old Steve smith.  LMAO you think he will last another full season?

186 yards and 2 TDs against the Bengals, and that was one game. You better hope he doesn't last another season.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
congrats! looks like you got a good one!
Reply/Quote
Will this guy and Steve Smith get along? Seems like the kind of attitude that Steve Smith would have nothing with.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 02:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Will this guy and Steve Smith get along? Seems like the kind of attitude that Steve Smith would have nothing with.

Smith recruited him.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 06:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 186 yards and 2 TDs against the Bengals, and that was one game. You better hope he doesn't last another season.

move along spoiling all the fun Ninja
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 06:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 186 yards and 2 TDs against the Bengals, and that was one game. You better hope he doesn't last another season.

Was that in the loss, or the...loss?  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 07:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Was that in the loss, or the...loss?  Mellow
Didn't realize poor defense plays means Smith is bad because he's old. 

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:11 PM)Griever Wrote: nope, but they would be better off drafting a WR, instead of paying for wallace

Yeah because rookies usually wind up contributing heavily right away.

[Image: breshad-perriman1.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 07:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Was that in the loss, or the...loss?  Mellow
Rep 
LMAO forgot about the two year sweep. 

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 04:22 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: How f**king hard is it to stop smoking pot for like 5 years? Seriously? I'm not a smoker, maybe someone who is can give some insight? Is this stuff THAT addicting that you'll throw away financial security for the rest of your life for it??

I don't think anyone has ever been addicted to weed. I know people who use it, but it's always been a recreational thing - like drinking a beer after work.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 10:44 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I don't think anyone has ever been addicted to weed. I know people who use it, but it's always been a recreational thing - like drinking a beer after work.

Yeah, but addiction seems like one of the only explanations for someone's inability to refrain even when the stakes are so high.  If it was just a 'recreational thing' you'd think he would have stopped by now.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 10:44 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I don't think anyone has ever been addicted to weed. I know people who use it, but it's always been a recreational thing - like drinking a beer after work.

I've known people that lost jobs over weed, people that pawn their stuff to get weed (because they refuse to work), people the leave baggies and scissors etc out around their kids etc. Sure there are people that can toke every now and then, but I know more hardcore stoners who would be labeled alcoholics if they were drunk as often as they are stoned.

It's not the harmless drug that stoners try to paint is as.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 10:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah because rookies usually wind up contributing heavily right away.

[Image: breshad-perriman1.jpg]

not everyone drafts busts
People suck
Reply/Quote

I smoked weed all through high school and beyond my job now I can't smoke the state can be waiting outside any day with a cup. not worth the risk. now I can tell it's not physically addictive, like opiates are where you have withdrawals. anyone tells you that they are addicted to pot it's mentally addictive I smoked it for 20 years and just quit. the little stoner punks that run around all day long and don't work they're lazy ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 10:28 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I smoked weed all through high school and beyond my job now I can't smoke the state can be waiting outside any day with a cup. not worth the risk. now I can tell it's not physically addictive, like opiates are where you have withdrawals. anyone tells you that they are addicted to pot it's mentally addictive I smoked it for 20 years and just quit. the little stoner punks that run around all day long and don't work they're lazy ThumbsUp

pot-headed scum

only fitting you are a bengals fan

Mellow Ninja Tongue
People suck
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 04:38 PM)Griever Wrote: not everyone drafts busts

Not everyone who fails to contribute as rookies are busts.

Antonio Brown went 16-167-0 as a rookie. Was he a "bust"?

Perriman may wind up being a good player, but rookie WRs often struggle.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 11:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not everyone who fails to contribute as rookies are busts.

Antonio Brown went 16-167-0 as a rookie. Was he a "bust"?

Perriman may wind up being a good player, but rookie WRs often struggle.

Brown was a 6th round pick playing behind Ward, Wallace, Sanders and Miller in an offense that was putting tremendous effort (but for the most part failing) to develop a solid run game and use a balanced attack on offense. And Brown still found time to beat the Ravens in the playoffs on a 4th quarter long distance circus catch.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 09:50 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Brown was a 6th round pick playing behind Ward, Wallace, Sanders and Miller in an offense that was putting tremendous effort (but for the most part failing) to develop a solid run game and use a balanced attack on offense. And Brown still found time to beat the Ravens in the playoffs on a 4th quarter long distance circus catch.

Brown is far more talented than Wallace, Sanders and a washed up Ward, would you not agree?

So why was he "stuck" behind them?

Are you guys really going to pretend like you don't know that rookie WRs often struggle? Even a casual fan should know this.
Reply/Quote