Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens release Earl Thomas.
(08-23-2020, 03:47 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Just watch the Ravens defense actually IMPROVE.

No matter what, no matter who they send out there, they will always have a tough defense.  The bastids.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 04:23 PM)McC Wrote: No matter what, no matter who they send out there, they will always have a tough defense.  The bastids.

No doubt, the bastids. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 02:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Recently punched a teammate in practice, late to meetings, missed workouts, was involved in a bizzare story earlier in the year (Wife caught him and his brother in bed with multiple women aka an orgy and held him a gunpoint...).

He was sword fighting his brother over a bed of clams? Well, I guess I've heard worse, I think? I hope he at least found a pearl. Wait.... Not that kind of pearl, you guys are sick!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 04:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He was sword fighting his brother over a bed of clams? Well, I guess I've heard worse, I think? I hope he at least found a pearl. Wait.... Not that kind of pearl, you guys are sick!

Terrible! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 04:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He was sword fighting his brother over a bed of clams? Well, I guess I've heard worse, I think? I hope he at least found a pearl. Wait.... Not that kind of pearl, you guys are sick!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 

Seriously though, I did a double take when that story initially came out.  There's usually very little that surprises me with a lot of these athletes.  Women, drugs, parties... I'm usually not too phased by it.  I chalk it up to young guys, with way too much money, getting a little nuttier than the average Joe.

But this story?  Banging a bunch of broads with your own brother in the same bed?  Your wife busting in and pointing a loaded gun to your head?  This is some true low-rent, scumbag, shocking behavior.

This dude is freaking trash. I hope he goes broke. Sincerely.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals looking into Earl Thomas would absolutely be counterproductive to what they are trying to accomplish. Seattle moved on from him for a reason, and it seems like he's being jettisoned from Baltimore for similar reasons. Dude has too much attitude for his play on the field to back up..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 02:18 PM)McC Wrote: Wow.  I find this kinda shocking.  I thought he played well for them.  Whatever this mysterious conflict was, it must have been pretty significant.

He'll probably be unemployed for about ten minutes.

Sounds like Dallas is interested.  I guess he had been having his issues not being able to "freelance" as much as he would like, and he actually punched a teammate and that ended it.  
Reply/Quote
All I needed to know was the Ravens let him go despite the huge contract and not having anyone proven behind him to step in. Also he sucker punched Clark which is a ***** move. Most of the problems have already been mentioned in the thread and there's probably more out there that we don't know. The most recent tidbit was he got the game ball when we won in Seattle, didn't fly home with the team and was late coming back from the bye week.

The other big thing to remember is the players themselves wanted him out! We have a team council full of vets and they had enough. All I heard yesterday from your average Ravens fan was stuff like "fights happen all the time, no big deal, you're crazy if you think we cut him etc". Coaches are paid to deal with problem players. But when the other players don't want you on the team despite your talents, it's trouble. Also he punched Chuck Clark, our other starting Safety, who wears the green dot and is very respected. So this wasn't your typical offense vs defense dust up. Those two have to be on the same page. Earl was blowing off team activities, freelancing and posted our practice video on social media during his "apology". Total mess that apparently had been brewing longer than any of us knew.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 03:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whoa, dude lost his mind. Seemed like a good guy with the Seahawks for the most part, drugs or something?

Nah he wasn’t a good guy in Seattle either. I believe he held out because he didn’t get the contract he wanted then gave his own bench the finger as he was carted off with a season ending injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 09:01 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: All I needed to know was the Ravens let him go despite the huge contract and not having anyone proven behind him to step in. Also he sucker punched Clark which is a ***** move. Most of the problems have already been mentioned in the thread and there's probably more out there that we don't know. The most recent tidbit was he got the game ball when we won in Seattle, didn't fly home with the team and was late coming back from the bye week.

The other big thing to remember is the players themselves wanted him out! We have a team council full of vets and they had enough. All I heard yesterday from your average Ravens fan was stuff like "fights happen all the time, no big deal, you're crazy if you think we cut him etc". Coaches are paid to deal with problem players. But when the other players don't want you on the team despite your talents, it's trouble. Also he punched Chuck Clark, our other starting Safety, who wears the green dot and is very respected. So this wasn't your typical offense vs defense dust up. Those two have to be on the same page. Earl was blowing off team activities, freelancing and posted our practice video on social media during his "apology". Total mess that apparently had been brewing longer than any of us knew.

Sounds like a scumbag. 

Glad your other guys don't sound ready lol

Hilarious

(08-23-2020, 10:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Nah he wasn’t a good guy in Seattle either. I believe he held out because he didn’t get the contract he wanted then gave his own bench the finger as he was carted off with a season ending injury.

Good job Earl Thomas ruining your otherwise great career. What a dip shit.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 02:23 PM)McC Wrote: What exactly did he do at that practice that was bad enough to get him cut?
not his first issue in Baltimore but i think his tweet sealed the deal of a cut
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 10:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like a scumbag. 

Glad your other guys don't sound ready lol

Hilarious

Good job Earl Thomas ruining your otherwise great career. What a dip shit.

Lol for sure. Ravens have really good depth except at Safety of course. Deshon Elliott gets first crack at it. Levine has been in the organization for a long time but it's because of ST. Jimmy Smith will play some safety this year and he started preparing for that when we resigned him. Humphrey, Peters and Young are the starting three CBs so having Smith's experience available back there will help. But no one proven so it is a big loss of talent. The locker room has been tight, so I'm kind of proud of the other players for saying this guy doesn't work hard enough to be on the team.

Logan Ryan is who I'm hoping for. He said earlier this year that he was transitioning to Safety. That would make me feel better. Either that or we use the cap space (NFLPA grievance won't be settled til after the season) to get Clowney on Ngdakwie
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 02:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great part also is the Ravens have to eat a huge chunk of his contract

If he would like pay back for Ravens cutting him, he should sign one year league minimum deal with us that is loaded with incentives

I guess they tried to trade him and had no suitors even eating most of his salary.  
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I guess they tried to trade him and had no suitors even eating most of his salary.  

For sure and everybody knew we were going to cut him and probably thought they could get him for cheaper than his current deal. The good news for the Ravens is there was "offset language" that allows us to recoup 6 million now even before the grievance. Those things are complicated to explain but I listened to the unofficial Ravens cap expert explaining it.

He had a base of 10 million plus a 5 million bonus. So we get 6 of the 10 back now apparently.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 11:06 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: For sure and everybody knew we were going to cut him and probably thought they could get him for cheaper than his current deal. The good news for the Ravens is there was "offset language" that allows us to recoup 6 million now even before the grievance. Those things are complicated to explain but I listened to the unofficial Ravens cap expert explaining it.

He had a base of 10 million plus a 5 million bonus. So we get 6 of the 10 back now apparently.

I would be worried less about the financials and more about losing the player.  I didn't realize what a train wreck he appears to be on the outside, but on the field, he is one of the best.  
Reply/Quote
He’s an asshole, no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 02:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would be worried less about the financials and more about losing the player.  I didn't realize what a train wreck he appears to be on the outside, but on the field, he is one of the best.  

Opinions are really mixed on ET. Even before the incident, fans were debating whether the good grades he got from PFF were an accurate reflection of his play. There was a stat on completions allowed as the nearest defender and he only gave up like 6 for 140yds. I think those were the numbers but whatever they were it was crazy good. 

The argument against the grade is that he was playing a lot of single high Safety concepts, blitzing and was hardly asked to cover one on one. So opinions were split. Personally I think he's definitely better than average but not a top 5 player. We gave him a lot of freedom but he only had 2 INTs and was caught out of position too many times. That said it's still a big loss this close to the season.

The financials will probably come into play though because we always spend close to the cap and usually go into the season with only 5-10 million for in-season moves. I would like Logan Ryan but rumors today say we're the favorites to sign Clowney. Our edge players are okay but Clowney brings pass rush upside and is very good vs the run. Would be happy to get either one but prefer help in the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 04:04 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Opinions are really mixed on ET. Even before the incident, fans were debating whether the good grades he got from PFF were an accurate reflection of his play. There was a stat on completions allowed as the nearest defender and he only gave up like 6 for 140yds. I think those were the numbers but whatever they were it was crazy good. 

The argument against the grade is that he was playing a lot of single high Safety concepts, blitzing and was hardly asked to cover one on one. So opinions were split. Personally I think he's definitely better than average but not a top 5 player. We gave him a lot of freedom but he only had 2 INTs and was caught out of position too many times. That said it's still a big loss this close to the season.

The financials will probably come into play though because we always spend close to the cap and usually go into the season with only 5-10 million for in-season moves. I would like Logan Ryan but rumors today say we're the favorites to sign Clowney. Our edge players are okay but Clowney brings pass rush upside and is very good vs the run. Would be happy to get either one but prefer help in the secondary.

I would be amazed if you guys had the money to sign Clowney, but while your QB is on a rookie deal I guess that is the best time.  
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 11:10 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Lol for sure. Ravens have really good depth except at Safety of course. Deshon Elliott gets first crack at it. Levine has been in the organization for a long time but it's because of ST. Jimmy Smith will play some safety this year and he started preparing for that when we resigned him. Humphrey, Peters and Young are the starting three CBs so having Smith's experience available back there will help. But no one proven so it is a big loss of talent. The locker room has been tight, so I'm kind of proud of the other players for saying this guy doesn't work hard enough to be on the team.

Logan Ryan is who I'm hoping for. He said earlier this year that he was transitioning to Safety. That would make me feel better. Either that or we use the cap space (NFLPA grievance won't be settled til after the season) to get Clowney on Ngdakwie

Hope you guys don't get Logan Ryan on that already great Defensive roster, damn that would suck for us Bengal fans.

Just hope Burrow can transition right into the NFL well, so far, he has looked great, we will see.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 02:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wow.  I think that bodes well for the Bengals...

Can he play Cornerback? Though the transition is usually the other way around
Reply/Quote