Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens vs Bungals
Damn I scored as many points as the Bungals did in week one.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
My son had a double header for fall ball and I was elated I wouldn't have to watch it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Damn I scored as many points as the Bungals did in week one.

That was brutal. Good game
Reply/Quote
What do the Bengals and the average Bengals fan on here have in common? Neither can score.

Good game. I expect week 17 will be much better.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What do the Bengals and the average Bengals fan on here have in common? Neither can score.

I've got two kids and one of them looks a little like me
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Damn I scored as many points as the Bungals did in week one.

Good game, guys.
Reply/Quote
Guess who the division bottom feeders are?

Hint: It ain't the Browns

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What do the Bengals and the average Bengals fan on here have in common? Neither can score.

Why would you expect it to be better?

Both teams will be sub .500 and have nothing to play for, how does that make for a better game?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

It's easy to come AFTER the game and talk smack. Where were you the last 90 days?
Reply/Quote
Spell Bungle correctly.
Reply/Quote
Good effort. Andy Dalton is a future star.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I've got two kids and one of them looks a little like me

Maybe Maury can solve this one

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Why would you expect it to be better?

Both teams will be sub .500 and have nothing to play for, how does that make for a better game?

Because a 20-0 shutout is an anomaly in what tends to be a closely fought division rivalry that always seems to come down to the last drive. I expect week 17 to be more of a back and worth.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Because a 20-0 shutout is an anomaly in what tends to be a closely fought division rivalry that always seems to come down to the last drive. I expect week 17 to be more of a back and worth.

While the game may look better on the field, both these teams are going to be jocking for draft position again....which sucks... 

Just have to hope the Raiders can be the AFC team in the Super Bowl, another run from the Pats would be sickening.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While the game may look better on the field, both these teams are going to be jocking for draft position again....which sucks... 

Just have to hope the Raiders can be the AFC team in the Super Bowl, another run from the Pats would be sickening.

I didn't see a second of the game, but the Ravens D has to be given some credit for a road shutout I would think. They can't suck.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:56 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: It's easy to come AFTER the game and talk smack. Where were you the last 90 days?

He was living in a van, down by the river... with poe and this guy.

[Image: tumblr_mn7w0nB9E31sogz7po1_400.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I didn't see a second of the game, but the Ravens D has to be given some credit for a road shutout I would think.  They can't suck.

Not really.

The best thing I can compare it too would be if last year the 49er's went to Cleveland and shut out Cleveland at home, would you think the 49er's were good or would you look and see both teams were turds but one team was a bigger turd?

Two turds, one used a running game and the other one had a QB who threw it everywhere except where it was supposed to be. Watch Core run through the Ravens D completely open and watch Dalton sail the pass out of bounds. Not good teams...not even close.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not really.

The best thing I can compare it too would be if last year the 49er's went to Cleveland and shut out Cleveland at home, would you think the 49er's were good or would you look and see both teams were turds but one team was a bigger turd?

Two turds, one used a running game and the other one had a QB who threw it everywhere except where it was supposed to be. Watch Core run through the Ravens D completely open and watch Dalton sail the pass out of bounds. Not good teams...not even close.

I don't think anyone would compare the Ravens or Bengals to the Browns or Niners from last year. The Browns were 1-15 and the Niners were 2-14. 

I get that you're trying to say as many times as you can that the Ravens are terrible and will finish below .500 this season as a means of making this defeat less painful, but your comparison is off base. Whether or not the Ravens or Bengals end up being worth a damn, going on the road and shutting out a team in their home opener is impressive. The last time it happened was 2006 when the Ravens shut out the Bucs. The Ravens have done it before in 2000 when they shut out the Steelers in the Pittsburgh home opener. NFL history buffs know that 2000 was the legendary Ravens defense and 2006 was the only year they finished 1st in defense. 

Does that mean that this team will finish in a similar fashion as those two? Not necessarily, but it paints a far more impressive picture than the "this is two turds playing each other, who cares" narrative that you're so desperate to push.

I'm still not sold that they will finish with more than 9 wins, but I'm starting to see what some pundits have been saying about this defense.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think anyone would compare the Ravens or Bengals to the Browns or Niners from last year. The Browns were 1-15 and the Niners were 2-14. 

I get that you're trying to say as many times as you can that the Ravens are terrible and will finish below .500 this season as a means of making this defeat less painful, but your comparison is off base. Whether or not the Ravens or Bengals end up being worth a damn, going on the road and shutting out a team in their home opener is impressive. The last time it happened was 2006 when the Ravens shut out the Bucs. The Ravens have done it before in 2000 when they shut out the Steelers in the Pittsburgh home opener. NFL history buffs know that 2000 was the legendary Ravens defense and 2006 was the only year they finished 1st in defense. 

Does that mean that this team will finish in a similar fashion as those two? Not necessarily, but it paints a far more impressive picture than the "this is two turds playing each other, who cares" narrative that you're so desperate to push.

I'm still not sold that they will finish with more than 9 wins, but I'm starting to see what some pundits have been saying about this defense.

Ummm except that I've been saying the team would only win 4 or 5 games this season at best....so no loss is actually painful.

See here's the thing...during the pre-season and the off-season we had real football talk in jungle noise...believe me, I was surprised as well. During that time, the talk was how good Willis and Lawson and Atkins and the D looked. But, there were several people who said "Is the D that good, or is the O that bad, that it makes the D look good." 

Well...I was one who believed the O is a train wreck, the O-line wouldn't hold up against college ranks at this point. So, no this isn't some cute tactic, it is reality. The Bengals are going to suck this year, you can't win without a line. And, I believe that the Browns (who looked pretty decent today) will actually have a chance to finish ahead of both the Ravens and Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Ummm except that I've been saying the team would only win 4 or 5 games this season at best....so no loss is actually painful.

See here's the thing...during the pre-season and the off-season we had real football talk in jungle noise...believe me, I was surprised as well. During that time, the talk was how good Willis and Lawson and Atkins and the D looked. But, there were several people who said "Is the D that good, or is the O that bad, that it makes the D look good." 

Well...I was one who believed the O is a train wreck, the O-line wouldn't hold up against college ranks at this point. So, no this isn't some cute tactic, it is reality. The Bengals are going to suck this year, you can't win without a line. And, I believe that the Browns (who looked pretty decent today) will actually have a chance to finish ahead of both the Ravens and Bengals.

The Browns certainly looked better than the Bengals, but whether or not they look better than the Ravens will be determined next week. The Ravens D looked mighty fine. Good D's should force 5 turnovers against bad offenses.

Reply/Quote