Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Sign Pacman
(07-09-2018, 11:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Call me crazy......but for the right money, I'd rather have him fielding kicks than Erickson.

He certainly was a sparkplug doing that!  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No thanks
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well it appears you have all the answers so hope you are correct. ThumbsUp I will anticipate the Bengals making Brown a non factor in 2018. Smirk

I'm a man who loves advanced statistics in football.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 11:39 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'm a man who loves advanced statistics in football.  Wink

Like I said, you state we will shut down Brown with Jackson and others so I am hopeful your stats hold and don't make you look foolish making bold predictions.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 09:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: [Image: DQYYxeaW0AYzE_l.jpg]

John Sheeran did an excellent film review of WJ3...He still has things to work on but his speed and length is something you can't coach.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/6/5/17425298/7-plays-that-defined-william-jacksons-2017-season
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Like I said, you state we will shut down Brown with Jackson and others so I am hopeful your stats hold and don't make you look foolish making bold predictions.

I actually never said we'd "shut him down" lol. You said Pacman was the only one who had consistently, to which I showed that was false in that WJ3 did. I said Dennard would hold up fine in the 8% of the time he goes into the slot. Kirkpatrick has been the issue the last couple seasons against Brown. When they get Dre isolated one on one against him they do really well. Even when Pacman was "locking him down" Brown was still making catches against other players, it's not like Pacman lined up on him every play.

There are no foolish or bold predictions here, simply facts.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:01 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Because why not?

I reallly don't like our CB detph after WJIII,

Maybe if there is an injury. I think we have great depth at Cornerback myself...

But he is a great Returner. That is where we might want him back, as a Returner, can never have enough great
Returners that can change a game in an instant. I really like Wilson, Bates, Phillips upside as Returners but as we
all know sometimes a great Returner in college not always is a great Returner in the NFL.

Adam is a great NFL Returner.
Reply/Quote
Adam is playing golf and enjoying himself
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 11:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Call me crazy......but for the right money, I'd rather have him fielding kicks than Erickson.

I think this is a good idea provided to keep pac we did not cut one of the promising younger dbs including the two CBs we took this year.

we would have to be heavy in the number of dbs on final roster.

But I honestly do not see the Bengals doing this and going light some where else. They are going to have a hard time getting down to six Wrs and four RBs and we probably will need to carry 3 TEs.
Reply/Quote
I'd keep my options open at this point. Below is a list of the CBs currently on our roster. As far as I'm concerned, WJ III is the only one we ought to be "pencilling in" as a starter at this point. All the other spots should be open competition. If PacMan can come in and CLEARLY win a spot, I'd be open to it, but not if it's close between him and one of the younger guys. Looking forward to seeing what Harris, Phillips, and Shelton look like in preseason.

William Jackson 22 CB 6-0 190 25 3 Houston

Dre Kirkpatrick 27 CB 6-2 185 28 7 Alabama

Darqueze Dennard 21 CB 5-11 205 26 5 Michigan State

Josh Shaw 26 CB 6-1 190 26 4 USC

KeiVarae Russell 20 CB 5-11 196 24 3 Notre Dame

Davontae Harris 35 CB 5-11 205 23 R Illinois State

Darius Phillips 38 CB 5-10 179 22 R Western Michigan

Tony McRae 29 CB 5-10 185 25 2 North Carolina A&T

Sojourn Shelton 23 CB 5-9 177 23 1 Wisconsin
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:04 PM)Shady Wrote: I'd keep my options open at this point.  Below is a list of the CBs currently on our roster. As far as I'm concerned, WJ III is the only one we ought to be "pencilling in" as a starter at this point. All the other spots should be open competition. If PacMan can come in and CLEARLY win a spot, I'd be open to it, but not if it's close between him and one of the younger guys. Looking forward to seeing what Harris, Phillips, and Shelton look like in preseason.

William Jackson 22 CB 6-0 190 25 3 Houston

Dre Kirkpatrick 27 CB 6-2 185 28 7 Alabama

Darqueze Dennard 21 CB 5-11 205 26 5 Michigan State

Josh Shaw 26 CB 6-1 190 26 4 USC

KeiVarae Russell 20 CB 5-11 196 24 3 Notre Dame

Davontae Harris 35 CB 5-11 205 23 R Illinois State

Darius Phillips 38 CB 5-10 179 22 R Western Michigan

Tony McRae 29 CB 5-10 185 25 2 North Carolina A&T

Sojourn Shelton 23 CB 5-9 177 23 1 Wisconsin

Yeah Shady, that is a lot of talent, the only one i have not been impressed with yet is Kirkpatrick and he has been a
starter and does some good things. Doesn't get beat deep much and has gotten much better dealing with the double
moves that plagued him early on. Dennard has great ball skills, quickness and physicality.

WJ3 has it all though, you are correct he should be the only one penciled in as the starter.

Shaw i have always liked, Kei Russell is very talented a 3rd rounder, Phillips is just a playmaker and has already shown
it in minicamp. Harris is a physical specimen a lot like Shaw. Just tons of upside top to down at Corner here IMO.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely the f*** not! Although I will admit I'm surprised he hasn't had his yearly arrest this offseason (yet). If our CB corps is decimated by injuries then sure, why not? But not now. Keep the dumb@$$es out of the locker room.
Reply/Quote
Am resigning to the idea of re-signing Pac Man.

But only if there are injuries to major players.

He had a chance to stay a Bengal by restructuring and refused the owner who had been so loyal to him.

Only want him out of necessity at this point.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah Shady, that is a lot of talent, the only one i have not been impressed with yet is Kirkpatrick and he has been a
starter and does some good things. Doesn't get beat deep much and has gotten much better dealing with the double
moves that plagued him early on. Dennard has great ball skills, quickness and physicality.

WJ3 has it all though, you are correct he should be the only one penciled in as the starter.

Shaw i have always liked, Kei Russell is very talented a 3rd rounder, Phillips is just a playmaker and has already shown
it in minicamp. Harris is a physical specimen a lot like Shaw. Just tons of upside top to down at Corner here IMO.

Agreed. Dre K does have strengths, and he does make the occasional big play.  I think we're going to have to wait and see who best fits the scheme that Austin wants to run in order to generate more INTs. I'm not partisan. May the best man win the job. If that means bringing back Pac, so be it.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:34 PM)Shady Wrote: Agreed. Dre K does have strengths, and he does make the occasional big play.  I think we're going to have to wait and see who best fits the scheme that Austin wants to run in order to generate more INTs. I'm not partisan. May the best man win the job. If that means bringing back Pac, so be it.

Just think if we bring back Adam it should be purely as a Returner, he has really fell off as a CB the last year or so.

Don't know why, must just be age but he always keeps in great shape. Adam has great instincts and vision as a Returner
that are very rare. Wilson, Bates III and Phillips all had this in college but it is different in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Don't call him Pacman. That was his nickname with the cowboys. Adams Jones did his job as a Bengal and served the team well. It is time to move on however and find a player who will replace him for years to come. Kinda like Andy replacing Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just think if we bring back Adam it should be purely as a Returner, he has really fell off as a CB the last year or so.

Don't know why, must just be age but he always keeps in great shape. Adam has great instincts and vision as a Returner
that are very rare. Wilson, Bates III and Phillips all had this in college but it is different in the NFL.

Do you think they'd dedicate a roster spot to KR/PR? 

I'd only do it if I saw this year as THE YEAR, and if none of the other guys you listed compared to Pac's return abilities.  
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Absolutely the f*** not! Although I will admit I'm surprised he hasn't had his yearly arrest this offseason (yet). If our CB corps is decimated by injuries then sure, why not? But not now. Keep the dumb@$$es out of the locker room.

Well, we already have Bobby Hart, so..... Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Like I said, you state we will shut down Brown with Jackson and others so I am hopeful your stats hold and don't make you look foolish making bold predictions.

He made no bold prediction; simply provided stats from last year in a reply to a poster that stated PACMAN is the only DB we have that can shutdown AB. Now his reply may have made that poster look a little foolish.

As to the OP: We carry about 6 CBs; I have no issue with PacMan being one of them. WTS, he's getting a lot long in the tooth, but look at T-New (big mistake on our part).

Also I've been hearing a lot of great things about the CB out of W.Mich (Beal) available in the supplemental draft. I'd be willing to put in a 4th for him, but it'll most likely take a 3rd.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:54 PM)Shady Wrote: Do you think they'd dedicate a roster spot to KR/PR? 

I'd only do it if I saw this year as THE YEAR, and if none of the other guys you listed compared to Pac's return abilities.  

Well......we've kept Peerman on board for how many seasons just because of his play on 'teams?  Hell, we brought him back over WJIII in 2016!  It's all for naught, as I don't think he's coming back, but for a minimum style of deal, I'd let him return kicks and be an emergency DB.  I think you'd get a better return on investment than what you get with Peerman, character issues notwithstanding.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote