Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Sign Pacman
(07-09-2018, 01:52 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Don't call him Pacman. That was his nickname with the cowboys. Adams Jones did his job as a Bengal and served the team well. It is time to move on however and find a player who will replace him for years to come. Kinda like Andy replacing Palmer.

agreed
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 02:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, we already have Bobby Hart, so..... Smirk

We've got Kirkpatrick and Burfict too  Ninja  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:52 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Don't call him Pacman. That was his nickname with the cowboys. Adams Jones did his job as a Bengal and served the team well. It is time to move on however and find a player who will replace him for years to come. Kinda like Andy replacing Palmer.

Oh, I don't know.  He Pacman-ed enough times in Cincinnati to have kept the nickname alive.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 02:26 PM)McC Wrote: Oh, I don't know.  He Pacman-ed enough times in Cincinnati to have kept the nickname alive.

This. I respected his wishes until he punched that girl in the face in front of the bar.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 02:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This. I respected his wishes until he punched that girl in the face in front of the bar.

the one that swung the bottle at his face?
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 02:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the one that swung the bottle at his face?

agreed
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 02:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the one that swung the bottle at his face?

Then there's the arrest last off season with the infamous video. That was some high quality PR for the franchise.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 02:46 PM)McC Wrote: Then there's the arrest last off season with the infamous video.  That was some high quality PR for the franchise.

That was the spitting on the cop yelling at a nurse or someone... Right?

While the press was bad it always is for us or there is no press.  I think one got dropped and the other reduced to basically nothing.

If you just look at what he was actually charged with while here... Hes been pretty good as a Bengal compared to earlier in his career.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: That was the spitting on the cop yelling at a nurse or someone... Right?

While the press was bad it always is for us or there is no press.  I think one got dropped and the other reduced to basically nothing.

If you just look at what he was actually charged with while here... Hes been pretty good as a Bengal compared to earlier in his career.

And that is just plain sad
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: That was the spitting on the cop yelling at a nurse or someone... Right?

True, he wasn't the non stop moron here that he was before he got here.  But I believe his story here is over and should be.

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals can get him at a bargain basement price with no guarantee of a roster spot, I see no harm. He might still be an asset if he would except a backup role as safety/corner or punt returner if he could earn a spot in training camp.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:01 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Because why not?

I reallly don't like our CB detph after WJIII,

Oh, you mean re-sign Adam Jones which will send the team's highest paid corner, Kirkpatrick, to the bench?

I'm for it.

I believe Kirkpatrick would be really good if all he had to do was be the 4th corner on the team and occassionally guard the other team's 4th best receiver. Guarding AB, he's a long ways from Adam Jones and Willie Jackson.

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:54 PM)Shady Wrote: Do you think they'd dedicate a roster spot to KR/PR? 

I'd only do it if I saw this year as THE YEAR, and if none of the other guys you listed compared to Pac's return abilities.  

Kind of depends how the new Return rules work out, but getting big Returns in the Kicking game can be huge
in games in changing field position. Think it would be worth it if the other Returners are not cutting it.

(07-09-2018, 02:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well......we've kept Peerman on board for how many seasons just because of his play on 'teams?  Hell, we brought him back over WJIII in 2016!  It's all for naught, as I don't think he's coming back, but for a minimum style of deal, I'd let him return kicks and be an emergency DB.  I think you'd get a better return on investment than what you get with Peerman, character issues notwithstanding.

So true, ST's are a big deal around here.
Reply/Quote
Jones will be out there until there is an injury in camp somewhere. I think if 21, 22 or 27 go down early the Bengals will call him right away. But I don't think if, say, Russell gets hurt, they'll call him right away. He can play, I think, but not starting snaps. And frankly, with the new rules, his kick return ability isn't enough to get someone to sign him either. He literally can go anywhere as soon as there is a corner injury.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 04:36 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Jones will be out there until there is an injury in camp somewhere. I think if 21, 22 or 27 go down early the Bengals will call him right away. But I don't think if, say, Russell gets hurt, they'll call him right away. He can play, I think, but not starting snaps. And frankly, with the new rules, his kick return ability isn't enough to get someone to sign him either. He literally can go anywhere as soon as there is a corner injury.

Great insight.

we appreciate you staying up with our less informed comments and helping us out.
Reply/Quote
No thanks
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 11:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Call me crazy......but for the right money, I'd rather have him fielding kicks than Erickson.

Think he is one of the best punt returners in game but believe he is an average kickoff returner.

Stats may show differently  have never checked, just my observation 

Plus we all know he will be back if no other team signs him. He is MB favorite. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 02:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This. I respected his wishes until he punched that girl in the face in front of the bar.

Was not the first woman he punched. You can forgive if people try to improve but he never veered from his punk ways. 

Plus was a big factor in the Steeler playoff melt down. In fact he was the nail that sealed it. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
For me it's a NO.
It's time to move on and give the young guys a chance, otherwise there was no point in getting the young guys in.
Reply/Quote