Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Sign Pacman
(07-09-2018, 02:26 PM)McC Wrote: Oh, I don't know.  He Pacman-ed enough times in Cincinnati to have kept the nickname alive.

I've heard teammates and other players call him Pacman too.

Like the barbers in Coming To America say... His mama name him Pacman; I'ma call him Pacman.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 03:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Oh, you mean re-sign Adam Jones which will send the team's highest paid corner, Kirkpatrick, to the bench?

I'm for it.

I believe Kirkpatrick would be really good if all he had to do was be the 4th corner on the team and occassionally guard the other team's 4th best receiver. Guarding AB, he's a long ways from Adam Jones and Willie Jackson.

He would be great as a part time ref who only called missed field goals and incomplete passes.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 07:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Plus was a big factor in the Steeler playoff melt down. In fact he was the nail that sealed it. 

I'd like to blame him for that, but I just can't. By that point in the game, they were so frustrated with the cheating refs, and then the refs allowed Joey Porter to enter the Bengals huddle without being flagged. He lost it. I probably would have too..... and he barely brushed the ref as he was going by, it was a BS flag. All staged to make sure the Stealers got the win.
Reply/Quote
Well, the recent events at the Atlanta airport probably put the seal on Jones being signed. The video is really damaging. I felt bad for the woman with him, but admire her tremendously for trying to get things under control. I think she was Mrs. Jones, but can't be sure since the video quality is so poor. It's just so sad Jones has so little self-control. I guess those anger-management classes didn't take.
Reply/Quote
Don't think Pacman was at fault for this incident, as the airport employee attacked him first and Pacman has a right to defend himself.  Worth noting the police arrested the airport employee, not Pacman.  But even then, there just too much off-the-field stuff with Pacman, and even though this incident not his fault, definitely doesn't help his efforts in signing with an NFL team this coming season.   
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 12:15 PM)snowy Wrote: Well, the recent events at the Atlanta airport probably put the seal on Jones being signed. The video is really damaging. I felt bad for the woman with him, but admire her tremendously for trying to get things under control.  I think she was Mrs. Jones, but can't be sure since the video quality is so poor. It's just so sad Jones has so little self-control. I guess those anger-management classes didn't take.

WTF did he do now?

Reply/Quote
https://mobile.twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/1017070191069548545?p=v

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Lionel Hutz Wrote:Don't think Pacman was at fault for this incident, as the airport employee attacked him first and Pacman has a right to defend himself.  Worth noting the police arrested the airport employee, not Pacman.  But even then, there just too much off-the-field stuff with Pacman, and even though this incident not his fault, definitely doesn't help his efforts in signing with an NFL team this coming season.   

You're right in that Jones didn't start it, but he kept it going far longer than he should have. Watch the video again, it went way beyond merely defending himself against a missed punch. Jones chasing the guy down, putting him on the ground, and still punching was unnecessary. He was so out of control he didn't know when to stop.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 12:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/1017070191069548545?p=v

the other guy definitely threw the first punch

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I watched the video again myself (can you tell I'm bored today?), and it seems the woman was pushed out of the way first before the airport worked tried to punch Jones. That's probably what set Adam off. Still...a *little* self-control could have gone a long way to minimize the situation. I still haven't heard any audio, since I don't want to put on headphones. Can't mess up the 'do, you know!
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 12:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/1017070191069548545?p=v

Dude is still such a hothead. It's exhausting.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 12:47 PM)pally Wrote: the other guy definitely threw the first punch

I doubt very much that the airport employee swung at Pacman simply because Pacman walked past him. There's no way Pacman didn't exacerbate the situation (as he's done countless times). Hopefully this ends any chance Pacman had at re-signing with us...

Then again, I could easily see Mike Brown helping his old buddy out  Whatever wouldn't be shocked at all if Pacman is a Bengal before August.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 12:54 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I doubt very much that the airport employee swung at Pacman simply because Pacman walked past him. There's no way Pacman didn't exacerbate the situation (as he's done countless times). Hopefully this ends any chance Pacman had at re-signing with us...

Then again, I could easily see Mike Brown helping his old buddy out  Whatever wouldn't be shocked at all if Pacman is a Bengal before August.

Apparently, a "gesture" was made....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-atlanta-airport-employee-arrested-after-fight-with-adam-pacman-jones/ar-AAzVZef?li=BBnbfcL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
You’d think he’d be a better fighter with all the experience...

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 12:54 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I doubt very much that the airport employee swung at Pacman simply because Pacman walked past him. There's no way Pacman didn't exacerbate the situation (as he's done countless times). Hopefully this ends any chance Pacman had at re-signing with us...

The airport employee followed him down the walkway continuing whatever verbal exchange they were having.  Then he slugged Jones.  I'm not an apologist here but the airport guy got the fight he was itching for.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

No but dumb people tend to start swinging fist when they have been defeated by words.

if you paid any attention to this story adam jones did nothing wrong... and defended himself appropriately.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 12:15 PM)snowy Wrote: Well, the recent events at the Atlanta airport probably put the seal on Jones being signed. The video is really damaging. I felt bad for the woman with him, but admire her tremendously for trying to get things under control.  I think she was Mrs. Jones, but can't be sure since the video quality is so poor. It's just so sad Jones has so little self-control. I guess those anger-management classes didn't take.

doesn't hurt jones at all...  He was not at fault.

main things keeping jones off a roster is Age and durability.
Reply/Quote
I’m not a jones fan or defender and don’t really see a place for him on the team. Having said that if you come at me unprovoked and pose a threat to my family I’m going to pound you till your own mother won’t recognize your face. So basically I’m on his side this time. Apparently so were police because only the other guy was arrested.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote:
No but dumb people tend to start swinging fist when they have been defeated by words.

if you paid any attention to this story adam jones did nothing wrong... and defended himself appropriately.

True, but if what was reported in the MSN article is true then Jones could have decided to ignore the "gesture" made towards him and the situation likely would not have escalated like it did. People need to learn to ignore things.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 01:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’d think he’d be a better fighter with all the experience...

His experience is limited to punching woman.
Reply/Quote