Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
'Reacher' Star Alan Ritchson's Scathing Takedown Of Trump, Evangelicals
Shared because I liked what he had to say about being Christian.

https://crooksandliars.com/2024/04/reacher-star-alan-ritchsons-scathing

Quote:Reacher star Alan Ritchson has been through many struggles in his life, but one thing he isn't struggling with is finding the words to take down Donald Trump and the Catholic Church!

In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the hunky father of three opened up about his struggles with mental health and how his devotion to his faith has led him to be critical of the former president.

In the past, he worried that his outspokenness about his Christian beliefs would cause a stir in Hollywood, but he ultimately did it anyway. "I'm a Christian quite simply because of what Jesus calls us to do," he said. "Love other people until death. It doesn't mean we're all to be hung on a cross, but how can I suffer for you? That is a beautiful thing."

However, the 41-year-old actor said that this message of love is being corrupted by politics, especially by Trump. "Christians today have become the most vitriolic tribe," he explained. "It is so antithetical to what Jesus was calling us to be and to do."

Then, much like his Reacher character, Ritchson went no-holds-barred on the MAGA demagogue who many Christians have sadly aligned themselves with, "Trump is a rapist and a con man, and yet the entire Christian church seems to be treat him like he's their poster child and it's unreal. I don't understand it."

A proudly outspoken Christian, finding work in Hollywood, who also understands what Trump is and who he is fooling.

And he's a white male who doesn't look like a "soy boy"?

republican heads are gonna spin.

Full article here:  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/alan-ritchson-interview-reacher-faith-stardom-mental-health-1235864260/
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Simply mindblowing that putting his name on a bible and make $60 profit or whatever wasn't massively offensive to Christians.

But politics today is a spectator sport all about winning. People on one's team all have a halo, regardless of their true character.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 11:42 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Simply mindblowing that putting his name on a bible and make $60 profit or whatever wasn't massively offensive to Christians.

But politics today is a spectator sport all about winning.  People on one's team all have a halo, regardless of their true character.

This was already done in a more subtle way by Reagan in 1980.  Jimmy Carter was an honest to god down home southern baptist Jesus freak who talked the talk and walked the walk, but due to GOP political strategy and an alliance with the televangelists he found himself losing the religious vote to the *gasp* divorced Hollywood glitz man that was Ronald Reagan.

When I see how Trump, with a decades long resume of gleefully doing stuff that polite society says he "ought not have done" came out of NYC's upper crust and weaseled his way into becoming the object of adulation by the "real folk" moral majority, I have to wonder who will be next. If Trump can have his background and become the symbol of Christianity for this country, who can't?  It's just amusingly wacky how many people think that their own kids going to college makes them completely out of touch and forget who they are, yet this ultra rich guy who flat out flaunts just how much better he is than everyone "totally gets them."  It's quite the time for those of us who like to watch society.

If things keep up as they are, in 2044 there is going to some other former democrat with a checkered past (by the moral majority's standard) who "sees the light" and becomes the paragon of GOP virtue. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 11:42 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Simply mindblowing that putting his name on a bible and make $60 profit or whatever wasn't massively offensive to Christians.

But politics today is a spectator sport all about winning.  People on one's team all have a halo, regardless of their true character.

They side with the temple merchants and go to hell to own the libs. That's the spirit. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 435901766_833040265526584_12604447124662...e=6624F05B]
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Man.. I like that show even more now.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 11:09 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: [Image: 435901766_833040265526584_12604447124662...e=6624F05B]

Aren’t you the person who told me referring to things others created meant you didn’t have the capacity to think for yourself? Or some such shit.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 07:40 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Aren’t you the person who told me referring to things others created meant you didn’t have the capacity to think for yourself? Or some such shit.

LOL, Not surprised you're confused. But as with most Conservatives, this need for some kind of false equivalence is sad, but expected.

You used memes in two posts in a row while quoting me when I commented and then you added a third. I just posted a pic to a thread . . . did not quote anyone.

This was going to go into the joke thread, but I read this one first and it seemed appropriate.

My apologies for your confusion.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 10:44 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL, Not surprised you're confused. But as with most Conservatives, this need for some kind of false equivalence is sad, but expected.

You used memes in two posts in a row while quoting me when I commented and then you added a third. I just posted a pic to a thread . . . did not quote anyone.

This was going to go into the joke thread, but I read this one first and it seemed appropriate.

My apologies for your confusion.

[Image: jim-carrey-laughing.gif]
Reply/Quote