Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read Between The Lines, AJ Is Done In Cincy
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gameday/aj-green-on-bengals-loss-to-cowboys

AJ is always classy and says the right things, but listen to this interview and read between the lines and his body language says "Im done in Cincy, I want to win before its all over for me"

He's been one of the classiest players to where stripes in Cincy and I hope the bet for him. Zac is really bringing this team to incredible lows in many ways this year.

This offseason will be interesting and hopefully not depressing with the decisions or lack there of from the front office.
Reply/Quote
5 straight losing seasons with zero improvement including only 4 wins over the last 2 seasons the last two years will crush the best of competitors. Not even factoring in if he has problems with Taylor and crew like Dunlap did.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wasted prime years of his career. Same with Geno
Same with Dunlap. Dillon. Pickens. Palmer.

Yet you all think it will be different with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
In a few years, only Bengals fans will truly remember him. If he was with 26-28 other teams, that is not likely the case. His QB has changed, his play callers, his head coach... makes a change in team that much easier to do, one could guess. He sees that this team will not go anywhere any time soon. Been on a team that couldn't win a playoff game then to where they couldn't compete for the playoffs to fighting to win a couple of games. Wouldn't you want to change?
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see the Packers sign him and win a Super Bowl with him. I don't think Zac has done a good job getting the most out of him or any of the players. It would be sad to see him go, but it could very well be what's best for his career. Maybe a new coach changes the decision making for him, but it sounds like he's going to make the best decision for his career--which would be moving on to a franchise that can get the most out of him.

How many players have we talked about as fans that we should move on from because they're no good anymore? Dunlap obviously still has something to give when put in the right position. I believe AJ has more ball left in him.

If they don't right this ship soon (with a new HC and addressing the oline), we could very well see Burrow moving on after his contract expires. To be perfectly honest, it would be best for his career to be playing for any other franchise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had no idea, it was still a question whether he was done here. Dude has stunk it up this year, and is not worth what he'd be asking. Good luck to him, but he's no longer a number 1 or 2 receiver.
Reply/Quote
AJ is on the franchise tag right now, so he's well compensated and all, but that indicates he doesn't even want to be here now so much as be here next year. The way I see football is you want to make lots of money and you want to win championships, ideally you can get both, but odds are low he's winning a championship here so his goal is to get on a team that can win one OR get a big contract from a stupid loser team.
Reply/Quote
I must suck at reading between the lines.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I dunno....I think he was just being straight up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wasted prime years of his career. Same with Geno

How did he waste his prime going to 5 straight playoffs?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:38 AM)TheFan Wrote: How did he waste his prime going to 5 straight playoffs?  Mellow

"Waste" is pretty harsh.  Ownership didn't seem to be all that interested in going "all in" at any point during his tenure.  That 2015 team was hot fire but they seemed to just let that roster fall apart rather than stomp the gas pedal in 2016.  His talents weren't literally wasted in that he became a rich man, built a reputation, put on a world class show for the fans, and now has freedom to do pretty much whatever the hell he wants to do in life. I found watching AJ Green throughout his career to be inspiring.
Reply/Quote
Don’t blame him. I haven’t lived in cincy for 20 yrs and wish I had dropped the bengals when I left. Must be the alcohol codependency.
Reply/Quote
He was done after this year no matter what, so I don't think this is anything earth-shattering. Like a lot of taller receivers, his body got beat up and I don't think it is ever coming back.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wasted prime years of his career. Same with Geno

Seems like Burrow got the short end of the deal much quicker.
Reply/Quote

It will be.  And I would hardly call 5 consecutive playoff appearances wasted.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals need players who want to be a part of the solution. He is the highest paid WR in Bengal's history. He collected a lot of money to rehab injuries.

I don't feel sorry for any player who made over 100 million dollars, especially one that did not earn his pay in the later years of his contracts.

I like AJ, but if he was thankful, he would sign a league minimum deal to stay a Bengal stacked with incentives so he can help Joe B. and this team win again. But he won't, in the end the nice guy AJ will go to the highest bidder (which won't be as high as many think it will be based on his most recent production, age and injury history.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think most of us knew this.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
There are a few guys the Bengals need to dump for salary reasons that can still contribute for other teams. Just not at their current pay. AJ. Geno. Gio.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 11:16 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals need players who want to be a part of the solution. He is the highest paid WR in Bengal's history. He collected a lot of money to rehab injuries.

I don't feel sorry for any player who made over 100 million dollars, especially one that did not earn his pay in the later years of his contracts.

I like AJ, but if he was thankful, he would sign a league minimum deal to stay a Bengal stacked with incentives so he can help Joe B. and this team win again. But he won't, in the end the nice guy AJ will go to the highest bidder (which won't be as high as many think it will be based on his most recent production, age and injury history.

I doubt he's even worried about the money aspect at this point. He's got money. What he doesn't have is a ring, or any playoff success for that matter. If he's wise, he ends up in Green Bay, New Orleans, Seattle... Somewhere like that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:10 AM)Destro Wrote: In a few years, only Bengals fans will truly remember him. If he was with 26-28 other teams, that is not likely the case. His QB has changed, his play callers, his head coach... makes a change in team that much easier to do, one could guess. He sees that this team will not go anywhere any time soon. Been on a team that couldn't win a playoff game then to where they couldn't compete for the playoffs to fighting to win a couple of games. Wouldn't you want to change?

Although we have been routinely bashing him for not getting open etc etc., I think the Dunlap "Employee 43" syndrome may kick in with him if he goes to a legit team and has a shot at a playoff win or two. 
Reply/Quote