Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reader Named Our Ed Block Winner
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Happy for him, as he has had the best comeback of any player on our team, after Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I like seeing the guys who get these awards. Maybe this also exemplifies the aspects of a player's character Duke & Zac look for when signing a free agent?
Reply/Quote
congrats to Reader...
Reply/Quote
Good job Reader
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 12:07 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I like seeing the guys who get these awards. Maybe this also exemplifies the aspects of a player's character Duke & Zac look for when signing a free agent?

Congratulations D.J.!  Character is talent.  So glad that the organization has finally realized that.
Reply/Quote
Great addition to the team, on and off!!!
Reply/Quote
Key player for us. Congrats on the award.
Reply/Quote
Congrats!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 12:07 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I like seeing the guys who get these awards. Maybe this also exemplifies the aspects of a player's character Duke & Zac look for when signing a free agent?

It could be. You can't be a team player if you don't care about others.

Reply/Quote
Congrats to Reader for being a high character guy. That's obviously more important in life, but he should also be recognized for his stellar play on the field.

Last year we finished 29th in rush yards allowed and 31st in yards/carry allowed.

With Reader healthy this year, we jumped all the way up to 5th in rush yards allowed and 10th in yards/carry allowed. That's an amazing turnaround, and Reader is one of the biggest reasons for that.

Burrow and Chase get most of the love, but we have a LOT of guys playing elite football, and they deserve some shine as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He is a huge reason the Bengals run defense has drastically improved.

He earned every bit of this honor by being an ambassador on and off the field, congratulations to DJ.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Reader has been awesome on and off the field this year. Congrats to him on this award.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
More and more reminds me of Jerome Brown. Glad he's making a trip to the Pro Bowl. Well-earned.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 02:51 AM)tms Wrote: More and more reminds me of Jerome Brown. Glad he's making a trip to the Pro Bowl. Well-earned.

… he's not going to the PB...
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 11:40 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: … he's not going to the PB...

Run stuffing DT’s have to be one of the most under appreciated positions in all of sports. Guy is right there with Hendrickson and Awuzie as the best player on our defense, and outside of hardcore Bengals fans (and PFF) he gets absolutely no love.

He might not be Vince Wilfork, but he’s really, really good.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 11:40 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: … he's not going to the PB...

You're right. Thought he was one of the alternates. Should have been one, anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 01:48 PM)tms Wrote: You're right. Thought he was one of the alternates. Should have been one, anyway.

He and Chido should be in it, but at the VERY least, you are correct in that they should be alternates.

Complete BS. I have a strange feeling that Reader is like a 5th alt., but I believe that was Hilton and my mind is playing tricks LOL
Reply/Quote
Rock on DJ! Rock On
Reply/Quote