Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading quotes from the coaches doesn't inspire confidence that they can fix things..
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
This is basically saying they gotta be better like Marvin did.

It's also saying that they have no answer as to what the opposition is doing.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is basically saying they gotta be better like Marvin did.

It's also saying that they have no answer as to what the opposition is doing.

Honestly, if they can run the ball more effectively, we don’t have any issues.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:59 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Honestly, if they can run the ball more effectively, we don’t have any issues.

Mixon has been terrible breaking tackles and Cowboys had 8 tackles for a loss.

I doubt they miraculously can run.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:  

1. If you delete the...
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
...from the end of the tweet embedding, it harms nothing but makes it look much cleaner. 

2. Taylor and Callahan clearly got together and planned what the message should be. They apparently think if they both keep saying that they have played two "good teams" that people will believe that the Trubisky Steelers and Rush Cowboys are good. They're not and everyone knows it. Lol... it just makes it sadder to see them on the same page pushing that narrative.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:59 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Honestly, if they can run the ball more effectively, we don’t have any issues.

Bingo. And with Collins putting up a run blocking grade of 95 vs Dallas, there’s no excuse for Mixon to average 3.0 ypc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
But, as far as players, Burrow and Chase are clearly identifying the problem, and that is the first step to getting it fixed.

"We're going to have win a different way this year and we need to figure that out quickly so that we can get in the win column," said quarterback Joe Burrow after his longest pass against the Cowboys went 19 yards. "Teams are going to keep playing us in a soft zone until we prove that we can beat them that way."

"I just think people know how to adjust to us now," Chase said. "I feel like we need to learn to make more adjustments in game. Everybody knows what we're going doing to do now. So everyone knows what to expect when we play."

"Burrow called it Two Tampa, that soft zone popularized by Bucs head coach Tony Dungy at the turn of the century. Chase called it Cover Two on both his side and the other side with Tee Higgins."

Somehow, I'm confident that they've been hit in the head enough to make the needed changes. They realize they can't just try to impose what worked in the past, but need to adjust. Sure, should have been done earlier, but I can't imagine they won't make significant changes.

https://www.bengals.com/news/burrow-looking-for-different-ways-to-win
Reply/Quote
Did they try clapping their hands and saying "let's go."
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:25 PM)Nepa Wrote: But, as far as players, Burrow and Chase are clearly identifying the problem, and that is the first step to getting it fixed.

"We're going to have win a different way this year and we need to figure that out quickly so that we can get in the win column," said quarterback Joe Burrow after his longest pass against the Cowboys went 19 yards. "Teams are going to keep playing us in a soft zone until we prove that we can beat them that way."

"I just think people know how to adjust to us now," Chase said. "I feel like we need to learn to make more adjustments in game. Everybody knows what we're going doing to do now. So everyone knows what to expect when we play."

"Burrow called it Two Tampa, that soft zone popularized by Bucs head coach Tony Dungy at the turn of the century. Chase called it Cover Two on both his side and the other side with Tee Higgins."

Somehow, I'm confident that they've been hit in the head enough to make the needed changes. They realize they can't just try to impose what worked in the past, but need to adjust. Sure, should have been done earlier, but I can't imagine they won't make significant changes.

https://www.bengals.com/news/burrow-looking-for-different-ways-to-win

So can Taylor and Callahan scheme up a new plan to beat Cover 2? We will find out soon enough.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
So it's kinda like the Chiefs start to last season. Will this team/staff be able to figure out fast enough is the question.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

They could try to the right side where both are known to be good run blockers.

Does anyone know the breakdown of runs to the left /middle / and right? Outside of Burrow scrambles
Reply/Quote
I just googled “cover 2 beaters,” and there were over 9.4 million results. Why can’t Callahan and Zac do that?
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote