Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ready Payer One, better than expected
I just watched Ready Player One. I put off watching it because I thought it would be another lame film based on video games to entertain kids. However I was very surprised. I really enjoyed how parts of the movie played homage to other great directors via references to films directed by Stanley Kubrick and John Hughes. The movie also tossed in a bunch of references to old video games including Atari 2600 and I even saw a ColecoVision at one point toward the end. I'm guessing a younger audience might have missed out on those references. The special effects and animations were very well done. Overall I really enjoyed it. If I could describe it I would say it is kind of a fun modern mash up of The Goonies, The Matrix, Tron, and Star Wars. Not as great as any one of those movies by any means but still entertaining. It's a fun movie that also reminded me of my age based on references to old movies and games. Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 11:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I just watched Ready Player One.  I put off watching it because I thought it would be another lame film based on video games to entertain kids.  However I was very surprised.  I really enjoyed how parts of the movie played homage to other great directors via references to films directed by Stanley Kubrick and John Hughes.  The movie also tossed in a bunch of references to old video games including Atari 2600 and I even saw a ColecoVision at one point toward the end.  I'm guessing a younger audience might have missed out on those references.  The special effects and animations were very well done.  Overall I really enjoyed it.  If I could describe it I would say it is kind of a fun modern mash up of The Goonies, The Matrix, Tron, and Star Wars.  Not as great as any one of those movies by any means but still entertaining.  It's a fun movie that also reminded me of my age based on references to old movies and games.  Big Grin

It's a Spielberg.  He's kinda good at the movie stuff. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I saw it several months ago, and agree that it looked like it would not be good but found it highly entertaining.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote