Poll: What Is Your Realistic Expectations From Bengals In 2019?
Nothing But Playoffs
Mold and build this team into a contender
other(Explain)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realistic Expectations From Bengals In 2019
(09-05-2019, 04:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: This is going to be an exciting season this year regardless of the outcome to see how Zac molds this team into his vision. My question for you now that pre season is over and week one for the Bengals is a few days away, What is your elastic expectations from what you've seen so far and has transpired?

Mine is simply watching ZT mold this team into what his vision is to win a Super Bowl. I don't think this team is even at playoff caliber yet, because of missing pieces and new coaches, schemes  etc. I also don't think this team is far away from becoming a playoff team and a threat. Obviously the offensive line is a mess and that is one of the most important pieces to success. Will be great not to see the same old same old that we've seen with Marvin Lewis and outcome.

Looking forward to a fresh start!

That he stretches this team beyond it's shortcomings to a playoff winning, SB contender.  Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 04:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: This is going to be an exciting season this year regardless of the outcome to see how Zac molds this team into his vision. My question for you now that pre season is over and week one for the Bengals is a few days away, What is your elastic expectations from what you've seen so far and has transpired?

Mine is simply watching ZT mold this team into what his vision is to win a Super Bowl. I don't think this team is even at playoff caliber yet, because of missing pieces and new coaches, schemes  etc. I also don't think this team is far away from becoming a playoff team and a threat. Obviously the offensive line is a mess and that is one of the most important pieces to success. Will be great not to see the same old same old that we've seen with Marvin Lewis and outcome.

I could have gone with your answer. That's kind of how I see it, but not exactly. I think ZT is super smart to not show much of his hand during the preseason games. I don't think we have a clue about how good this team is/how well we can EXPECT it to perform on Sunday. I like what I hear from him and especially Jim Turner. Like ML used to say though, "I see better than I can hear." 

What we've seen, I think is, is a fresh approach to the game and to personnel. Keeping Willis and Tate over Malone and Core was big for me. And then going out and signing Cooper to add not just a little more experience to the WR room, but alot more experience within ZT's system. Based on what little we've seen and heard from him, Cooper seems like he's a character guy. ZT seems to only like character guys. 

People could question that with the Turner hire, but I'm a little more old school than that. I'm not that easily offended, and I reject the snowflake cancel culture of the faux-left. Reading the way that Turner talks about the guys on our OLine, and the way they talk about him, the way ZT talks about him, gives me alot of room for hope that he's going to get the most from the guys on the line. 

But those are just words right now. It's hard to have great expectations without some kind of record to support those expectations. Let's revisit the question Sunday night after the game.  :andy:
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
When I look at what this team can do and what they can't do?
What can they do
1.) QB with experience who has had success in the his NFL career.
2.) They can run the football
3.) They have three targets when healthy that have the Ability to stretch the field; Green, Eifert, and Ross.
4.) They can rush the passer
5.)They have a good secondary with even more upside

What can't they do
Poor Oline
Lack of Athleticism at Lb
Minimal depth at WR
I say they càn compete but they have to have some good bounces with injury situation.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:23 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: When I look at what this team can do and what they can't do?
What can they do
3.) They have three targets when healthy that have the Ability to stretch the field; Green, Eifert, and Ross.

What can't they do
Poor Oline
Minimal depth at WR
I say they càn compete but they have to have some good bounces with injury situation.

I'm worried about the LB situation. We can scheme things to hide the weak Oline, but if the opponent attacks you in the middle with TEs you can't disguise the fact that your LBs suck. I hope Pratt develops quickly. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:23 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: When I look at what this team can do and what they can't do?
What can they do

What can't they do
Poor Oline
Minimal depth at WR

Can they? I know Mixon made a lot happen last season on his own, but I certainly wouldn’t say we run well overall. Quite the opposite actually if this preseason is any indicator.

Reply/Quote

Mine is simply watching ZT mold this team into what his vision is to win a Super Bowl. I don't think this team is even at playoff caliber yet, because of missing pieces and new coaches, schemes etc. I also don't think this team is far away from becoming a playoff team and a threat. Obviously the offensive line is a mess and that is one of the most important pieces to success. Will be great not to see the same old same old that we've seen with Marvin Lewis and outcome.

I’m not expecting playoffs this year. I would be happy with 8-8. I’m worried just as everyone else is about LB and OL, but I’m giving ZT the benefit of the doubt.
Reply/Quote
I'll be looking for effort. Show some fight and desire to win. Would be nice if we don't get thoroughly embarrassed this year.
Reply/Quote
I see lots picked mold the team into a contender. What does that mean record wise?

I guess I should be impressed the vast majority of our fans who suffered through a playoff drought are giving ZT years to get back to the playoffs????? Sarcasm

I am sure season ticket sales with sky rocket with more losing or .500 seasons.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 01:41 AM)Shady Wrote: People could question that with the Turner hire, but I'm a little more old school than that. I'm not that easily offended, and I reject the snowflake cancel culture of the faux-left. Reading the way that Turner talks about the guys on our OLine, and the way they talk about him, the way ZT talks about him, gives me alot of room for hope that he's going to get the most from the guys on the line.

Im sure Turner didn't say anything worse than we do on this board every time soneone posts pictures of the Ben-gals or the player's wives or girlfriends.  Plus we've cheered on guys who actually harmed women, so Turner being a d bag is just small potatoes. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 06:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What would my expectations be if ML was coaching this team?

Playoffs or bust.

Why should ZT be given a pass to lose with same guys ML had for most part in 2018? I was upset when we faltered last year, will be upset again if ZT fails.

If he is a great hire, he should win immediately, no honeymoon period.

So according to you Marvin was a bust 9 out of 16 years. 
Reply/Quote
I expect to have a better record than last year, but not make the playoffs. I expect that the last half of the season (barring injuries), we will win more than lose, but too much to overcome the slow start in the beginning.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:21 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So according to you Marvin was a bust 9 out of 16 years. 

That would be correct almost

I give him credit for going from a 2-14 team to 8-8 (improved by 6 games year one) and would do the same for Zac if he improves by 6 games from 2018. I am consistent.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:29 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I expect to have a better record than last year, but not make the playoffs. I expect that the last half of the season (barring injuries), we will win more than lose, but too much to overcome the slow start in the beginning.

It really depends on how many wins think we missed out on because of injuries and how many wins we think we missed out on because of Marvin.  We were 6-10 last year even though we really seem to think we only had an 8 game season, so without injuries what "should we" have been?  Then how many wins should we take away because of Marvin/Austin/Lazor?

If you think we "shoulda won" 9 games or so without injuries to Dalton/Green last year then....well this is getting to be entirely in the realm of "what if" so what's the point?  
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 11:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That would be correct almost

I give him credit for going from a 2-14 team to 8-8 (improved by 6 games year one) and would do the same for Zac if he improves by 6 games from 2018. I am consistent.

Good for you. Just making sure. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can they? I know Mixon made a lot happen last season on his own, but I certainly wouldn’t say we run well overall. Quite the opposite actually if this preseason is any indicator.

I think we can. Mixon had a good year last season and Bernard played well in his absence against Carolina and Atlanta.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote