Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realistic trades mock w/ comp picks
This year we were able to see that this team has a number of holes. With needs at DT, DE, LB, OL to name a few. Because of these needs, I think we see the front office trade away one of the Bengals “luxury” assets… AJ McCarron. There are a number of teams that need a QB, however I think that AJ moves a little north to the outskirts of NYC. AJ ends up a Jet.
Bengals/Jets Trade

Bengals trade- AJ McCarron, 4 round pick
Bengals receive- Sheldon Richardson, 2 round pick

Jets trade- Sheldon Richardson, 2 round pick
Jets get- AJ McCarron, 4 round pick

Round 1 (Trade Back to 13)- Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
Yeah yeah… another mock with Foster to Cincy. Not much to say here.

Round 2- Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
With Hill in a contract year and Gio hurt, this pick just makes too much sense. Especially with the news today that the NFL is looking to mend fences with Ray Rice and incorporate him into the NFL as a mentor/life coach (also known as a “don’t make the mistakes I made” coach)
Round 2- Pat Elflein, C/G, Ohio State
Bodine isn’t cutting it. Elflein gives us the type of quality center we need, with the versatility to play guard in a pinch. His stock has dropped a little in recent weeks. Scouts are concerned with his size and length.

Round 3- Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
Late first round, early second round talent slides to the third due to injury. The Bengals would be wise to jump all over this pick as soon as they get the chance.
Round 3 (Part of First Round Trade)- Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU
Dupre seems to be the victim of pre-draft hype surrounding smaller school prospects Carlos Henderson, Cooper Kupp and Zay Jones. Dupre is an untapped talent in a sense due to the poor QB play he received at LSU.

Round 4- Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA
A stout run defender to replace the likes of Peko and Sims. Some much needed youth to pair with Atkins and Billings.

Round 5- Erik Magnusson, OT, Michigan
Magnuson is an intriguing prospect. As a whole he played very well in college, and throughout the draft process has seemed to stay consistent. Solid depth pick here that has potential to backup (and possibly start in the future) G or T.
Round 5 (Comp)- John Johnson, S, Boston College
Here is to hoping that Johnson continues to go under the radar. He is a very solid, heady, safety that plays smart football. A little stiff in the hips, but with better coaching he may be able to overcome that.

Round 6- Jalen Reeves-Maybin, OLB/ILB, Tennessee
This is a depth pick. We do have need at the LB position, as well as a need for special teams contributors. Reeves-Maybin gives us both.
Round 6 (Comp)- Darius English, DE, South Carolina
English was inconsistent in college, but could turn out to be a solid depth/rotation player.

Round 7- Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
A smart QB that underperformed in college. Many scouts had him highly rated coming into college, but he just didn’t seem to live up to the hype. Rumor has it he impressed many front offices during meetings.
Round 7 (Comp)- Brandon Facyson, CB, VT
Facyson is a player that underperformed. When he was called on the be the #1 corner he wasn’t able to handle the task. Lucky for him, he would be joining a stable of young, capable corner to help him out. The talent is there with Facyson, we just have to find a way to get it out of him consistently.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I like it through and through. Foster is still my favorite pick. Adding Mixon and Elflein are huge for the offense. Then grabbing Sidney Jones. That would be 4 amazing picks and the rest is good depth. I maybe would maybe look to draft a K and maybe a better edge rusher. Overall it's really solid.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 08:47 AM)Crowe Wrote: I like it through and through. Foster is still my favorite pick. Adding Mixon and Elflein are huge for the offense. Then grabbing Sidney Jones. That would be 4 amazing picks and the rest is good depth. I maybe would maybe look to draft a K and maybe a better edge rusher. Overall it's really solid.

I appreciate the feedback. I didn't draft an earlier DE because of the trade for Richardson. I felt like an earlier pick might be overkill on one position.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 09:46 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: I appreciate the feedback. I didn't draft an earlier DE because of the trade for Richardson. I felt like an earlier pick might be overkill on one position.

No problem! As far as Richardson, I think he has the ability to play both inside and outside, but I would love to make a weakness a strength by grabbing a top rated pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
So, you think the Bengals are just going to absorb Richardson's 8M contract? Doubtful...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Bengals would be on Herschel Walker trade level in terms of waxing the Jets
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 08:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you think the Bengals are just going to absorb Richardson's 8M contract?  Doubtful...

The Browns essentially got houstons second round pick next your by paying 16 mil for osweiler.  The bengals would have to give a 4 or 5th this year and get to use a better, more motivated player who will probably bring a 3rd red comp pick .  Could be worth the gamble
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Do like the picks, I think Foster in the mid teams would be a solid choice. As well I'm totally sold on Mixon, any trade with McCarron to the early second (above CAR @ 40) would all but secure his presence. Good mock
Reply/Quote