Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality Check
There are those on here who claim "we're doing well", "been to the playoffs", "look at what we've achieved" etc.

But the fact is we have a grand total of one win vs. teams with a season ending winning record in the last 26 games !
Over the last 3 seasons we have a total of 8 wins against teams with season ending winning records.

In 2014 we finished 10-5-1 beating the Ravens twice, (for whatever reason we've always done well against them) and the Texans and Broncos. We had the monster benefit of playing the two worst divisions in football ! Logging 6 wins and a tie against the AFCS/NFCS. I'd venture to say we probably don't make the playoffs if not for that good fortune.

In 2015 we beat the Steelers, (weird, right !) Chiefs, and Seahawks and finished 12-4. Of course we lost Andy and imploded to finish. But since that victory against the Steelers on Nov. 1st 2015 we've been in a big time slide.

In 2016 we beat the Dolphins and that's it ! And tied the Skins - whooppeee. Finished 6-9-1 of course, but this team is not doing well by any stretch. In fact we're trending down big time.

Guys need to lay off the kool-aid and face reality. Twenty six games and counting we have ONE win vs. good teams ! Standing pat with the old, past their prime, not all that good of players and relying on the draft isn't going to turn this team around fast enough for it to matter for Andy, AJ, Geno, Vontaze, Carlos, Whit- maybe ? Put Ogbuehi on the bench if he ain't cutting it again ! Get a real damn center. Find a pass rushing DE, get an in his prime LBer who can cover and so on.

Mike Clown needs to step up to the plate and $hitcan the dead weight and sign a real FA or two and do these players and us justice.

The reality is no matter how you spin it we're way down the road in the wrong direction
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 01:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Over the last 3 seasons we have a total of 8 wins against teams with season ending winning records.

8 wins and a tie.  Not good enough but better than 21 other teams.

By the way, where are all these people you claim are saying "we are doing fine"?
Reply/Quote
The good:

Made the playoffs 5 straight times, and 6 out of 7 years...no easy task.

The bad: 

Went one and done each time, while setting NFL records for playoff futility.

The good:

They have owned the NFC and teams with losing records during Marvin's tenure.

The bad:

Counting the playoffs, they are 84-91 during the AFC since 2003, and are 29-52 against the 5 best AFC teams (overall record/PO app's/SBs) during that time. 

The reality:

If you take away the 20-8 record against the hapless Browns, they are just 64-83 (including PO's) versus the rest of the AFC since 2003. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 8 wins and a tie.  Not good enough but better than 21 other teams.

By the way, where are all these people you claim are saying "we are doing fine"?

Fred I'm not naming names, but I've heard plenty of guys on here defending MB's cheapness in free agency. Saying look at what we've achieved, we've made the playoffs blah, blah.

I strongly feel we're spiraling down and fast ! And have been on a very steep slope since Nov. 1st 2015. 

I understand and fully agree you can't buy a team in free agency. But damn it we need help and have to much dead weight still around and MB and ML need to change.

Maintaining the status quo isn't working and hasn't worked for 26 years and counting. We're not doing fine !
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 03:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The good:

Made the playoffs 5 straight times, and 6 out of 7 years...no easy task.

The bad: 

Went one and done each time, while setting NFL records for playoff futility.

The good:

They have owned the NFC and teams with losing records during Marvin's tenure.

The bad:

Counting the playoffs, they are 84-91 during the AFC since 2003, and are 29-52 against the 5 best AFC teams (overall record/PO app's/SBs) during that time. 

The reality:

If you take away the 20-8 record against the hapless Browns, they are just 64-83 (including PO's) versus the rest of the AFC since 2003. 

Yup, and would only add:

The bad:

Pittsburgh owns us and rumor has it they're going to make Marvin wear a tutu to all the remaining games against them.
Reply/Quote
I don't need a reality check.

Just makes me sad. Sad

We need to replace Marv and PA.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 04:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Fred I'm not naming names, but I've heard plenty of guys on here defending MB's cheapness in free agency. Saying look at what we've achieved, we've made the playoffs blah, blah.

I strongly feel we're spiraling down and fast ! And have been on a very steep slope since Nov. 1st 2015. 

I understand and fully agree you can't buy a team in free agency. But damn it we need help and have to much dead weight still around and MB and ML need to change.

Maintaining the status quo isn't working and hasn't worked for 26 years and counting. We're not doing fine !

Good luck waiting for that to happen.  Ever.  
[Image: post-31119-you-dont-wanna-rush-an-importa-SX2P.gif]
Reply/Quote
Reality is the Bengal are rebuilding. I keep saying it. No playoffs for another 5 years or so.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 01:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There are those on here who claim "we're doing well", "been to the playoffs", "look at what we've achieved" etc.

But the fact is we have a grand total of one win vs. teams with a season ending winning record in the last 26 games !
Over the last 3 seasons we have a total of 8 wins against teams with season ending winning records.

In 2014 we finished 10-5-1 beating the Ravens twice, (for whatever reason we've always done well against them) and the Texans and Broncos. We had the monster benefit of playing the two worst divisions in football ! Logging 6 wins and a tie against the AFCS/NFCS. I'd venture to say we probably don't make the playoffs if not for that good fortune.

In 2015 we beat the Steelers, (weird, right !) Chiefs, and Seahawks and finished 12-4. Of course we lost Andy and imploded to finish. But since that victory against the Steelers on Nov. 1st 2015 we've been in a big time slide.

In 2016 we beat the Dolphins and that's it ! And tied the Skins - whooppeee. Finished 6-9-1 of course, but this team is not doing well by any stretch. In fact we're trending down big time.

Guys need to lay off the kool-aid and face reality. Twenty six games and counting we have ONE win vs. good teams ! Standing pat with the old, past their prime, not all that good of players and relying on the draft isn't going to turn this team around fast enough for it to matter for Andy, AJ, Geno, Vontaze, Carlos, Whit- maybe ? Put Ogbuehi on the bench if he ain't cutting it again ! Get a real damn center. Find a pass rushing DE, get an in his prime LBer who can cover and so on.

Mike Clown needs to step up to the plate and $hitcan the dead weight and sign a real FA or two and do these players and us justice.

The reality is no matter how you spin it we're way down the road in the wrong direction
Wrap this up with a big red bow and send it to Mike Brown with copies to Marvin and PA, please.
I am tired of it too. Sad
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 06:51 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reality is the Bengal are rebuilding. I keep saying it. No playoffs for another 5 years or so.

If we have some luck in the injury department and hit on a couple draft picks we could be right back in the playoffs. The Dolphins and Texans were just in the playoffs. The Chiefs might lose some guys. We are right there with the Ravens. Rottenturd may be on the decline. 

It is a salary cap league. So the Bengals wont get totally outclassed for years and years like the current Reds debacle.

Mikey boy Brown may be a dumpy unaggressive dumbass loser who was handed an NFL team. But he has at least learned a little bit over the years.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 06:51 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reality is the Bengal are rebuilding. I keep saying it. No playoffs for another 5 years or so.

Au contraire, mon frere.  A few good draft picks, the improved health of Jackson and Billings from last year, and the benefit of a 3rd place schedule argue otherwise.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 07:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's the attorney coming out of you. Highlighting the Sparkles glaring off a steaming pile of shit. Yet, if you mist piss in that same sunlight, you will see a rainbow. Truth is, we suck right now. This is what Mike B wants all of us to see. Mike B thinks we are doing fine, Marvin thinks we are doing fine. We just had an off year. Just more of the same glare we have been seeing since 1991.

Mike Brown is a lawyer too. Hmm...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

I keep saying it. If they were rebuilding they would of fired the Head Coach.

This isn't a rebuild, it is a rehash of the same shit.

We could still make the Playoffs next year with all these good players but we will never win in the Playoffs with Marvin Lewis as the Head Coach.
Reply/Quote
winning teams aren't satisfied with no playoff wins

winning teams aren't satisfied with 1 playoff win

winning teams aren't satisfied with 2 playoff wins

winning teams are only satisfied by winning a SB!!!

PERIOD!!!  Same with coaches and owners!

WE are NOT a winning team and NEVER have been to this point! Close twice yes, but no Complete Win!

Reply/Quote