Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reality Winner
(06-06-2017, 10:53 PM)Benton Wrote: Yes

Who do you turn to there? FBI director? Attorney general?

It was a rhetorical question i know there was a right way. But it would be like walking through a mine field. And with Trump hungry for leaker blood who knows how far she gets.

The current administration has given no reason for us to believe they will be tough on russia or even dig deeper into what they did.

I dont deny she broke the law. But i also dont see how it damages our national security. 

She very well may burn for releasing information we should have been told about.
(06-07-2017, 12:09 AM)Vlad Wrote:  
Apparently you were privy, you being so certain Russia hacked the election deeper than we'll ever know.

So she is in trouble for releasing information we already knew? 

Come on...
(06-07-2017, 12:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: True, one is giving information to the citizens of our country that under current leadership could have very well been kept from the public. The other is giving information to an enemy foreign government who according to all of our intelligence agencies just interfered in the most precious aspect of our society.

You can keep running around the truth, but I imagine you know it. Here is what McMasters said. The guy who all the libs praised when Trump picked him.

Quote:There’s nothing that the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people. The story that came out tonight, as reported, is false. The president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries, including threats to civil aviation. At no time, at no time, were intelligence sources or methods discussed, and the president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known. Two other senior officials who were present, including the secretary of state, remember the meeting the same way and have said so. Their on the record accounts should outweigh the anonymous sources. I was in the room. It didn’t happen.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-06-2017, 11:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So you were privy to the classified information here detailing Russian hacking? Ok. Me and most of the rest of the country were not.

I'm merely making a statement based on the information available.

Quote:What is partisan in revealing a foreign enemy interfered in our election? This should be the most non partisan issue of all.

The action is not the question, the motivation for the action is.  Isn't that what we've been hearing from the left for months regarding the travel ban EO's?  That the POTUS has the authority to curb, or restrict travel from other countries, the argument for halting the EO's has been the motivation behind them.  So, you now have to decide, is motivation important or not?  

Quote:True. But information that would be readily available to the president about an enemy country interfering in our election did not stop the guy they helped get elected inviting them to the white house. Two seperate events. Like someone crossing the road is a seperate event than some guy driving his car. Just so happens guy got hit by that car.

I'm honestly not trying to be hostile or rude here, but you're displaying a bit of naivete here.  How many times have we caught Israel spying on us?  Didn't Snowden reveal massive espionage by the United States against Germany (which btw is evidence of why the man is a traitor)?  Did we stop meeting with either country or vice versa?  Yes, those countries are allies and Russia is not, but the point remains, this kind of activity is not uncommon between countries.  They are not cause for a freeze in relations, in fact, doing so with Russia would be highly counter productive for our national interest.  If there was a cause for freezing relations with Russia is was their annexation of the Crimea and invasion of eastern Ukraine.  I don't recall Obama freezing relations in response to that, do you?
With a name like "Reality Winner", I would have expected this to be a story from The Onion.
--------------------------------------------------------

(06-07-2017, 05:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: With a name like "Reality Winner", I would have expected this to be a story from The Onion.

I have to admit, it took me seeing the story somewhere else for me to even click on this thread. I dismissed it as some bullshit I wouldn't care about based on the title alone.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-07-2017, 11:43 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm honestly not trying to be hostile or rude here, but you're displaying a bit of naivete here.  How many times have we caught Israel spying on us?  Didn't Snowden reveal massive espionage by the United States against Germany (which btw is evidence of why the man is a traitor)?  Did we stop meeting with either country or vice versa?  Yes, those countries are allies and Russia is not, but the point remains, this kind of activity is not uncommon between countries.  They are not cause for a freeze in relations, in fact, doing so with Russia would be highly counter productive for our national interest.  If there was a cause for freezing relations with Russia is was their annexation of the Crimea and invasion of eastern Ukraine.  I don't recall Obama freezing relations in response to that, do you?

Remember when China shot down or bumped an US Spy Plane and took forever to give the plane back?

During that time there was an interview with the head of China, I don't remember their title, maybe "Chairman" or whatever. Anyway, the guy was getting a little agitated by some of the questions and after the interviewer asked him directly, "Do you have spies in the United States?" he answered "No" and the interviewer said something along the lines of "I don't believe you" and the "Chairman" asked the interviewer "Does the United States have spies in China?" and the interviewer said something along the lines of "Yes" or "There better be" or something like that. I found it rather funny.

I can almost garentee that every player in the world has spies in the United States and that the United States has spies in every country in every country in the world except for Vatican City.
(06-06-2017, 07:38 PM)Benton Wrote: There's a difference with whistleblowers in that they went about the right legal steps. A friend of mine is one. He went to an attorney before going to congress and the media. It's not the same as taking classified info and throwing it all out there.

That's the right way to do it.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-07-2017, 05:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have to admit, it took me seeing the story somewhere else for me to even click on this thread. I dismissed it as some bullshit I wouldn't care about based on the title alone.

I don't make bullshit threads. Smack
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

At first, I thought this was a new mature audience TV show from former Rep. Anthony Weiner: Reality Weiner
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Bail denied! They are going to fry her treasonous, homely ass.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-denies-bail-for-woman-accused-of-leaking-us-secrets/ar-AAsXCp6?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Quote:But U.S. Magistrate Judge Brian K. Epps sided with prosecutors in ruling that keeping Winner jailed is the only way to ensure she doesn't flee overseas or leak more secret information. The judge referenced prosecutors' transcript of a Facebook chat in February in which Winner wrote to her sister: "Look, I only say I hate America like 3 times a day."
"By her own

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-05-2017, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bail denied!  They are going to fry her treasonous, homely ass.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-denies-bail-for-woman-accused-of-leaking-us-secrets/ar-AAsXCp6?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Good.  Also referenced from the article, are there really people who don't know that your calls made from a detention facility are recorded?  She's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
(10-05-2017, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bail denied!  They are going to fry her treasonous, homely ass.

I don't think this quite rises to the level of treason.

And I think Trump should pardon her down the road just to really mess with her head.

(10-05-2017, 08:25 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I don't think this quite rises to the level of treason.

And I think Trump should pardon her down the road just to really mess with her head.

Stating that she "hates America" is a pretty good place to start, when building a treason profile.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-05-2017, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Stating that she "hates America" is a pretty good place to start, when building a treason profile.

No, unless the media qualifies as an enemy of the state (maybe in Trump's America, but no).

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason

Really no need to comment on her physical appearance. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-05-2017, 08:43 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, unless the media qualifies as an enemy of the state (maybe in Trump's America, but no).

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason

I would think that giving secrets to our enemies would qualify.  We'll just have to wait, and see what the proceedings show.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-05-2017, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would think that giving secrets to our enemies would qualify.  We'll just have to wait, and see what the proceedings show.

They aren't our enemy.  Not in the sense that treason is considered.  It's espionage.

(10-06-2017, 09:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They aren't our enemy.  Not in the sense that treason is considered.  It's espionage.

I'm sure that it's all just coincidental.

Quote:But the Justice Department announced Winner's arrest on the same day The Intercept reported it had obtained a classified National Security Agency report suggesting Russian hackers attacked a U.S. voting software supplier before last year's presidential election. The NSA report was dated May 5, the same as the document Winner is charged with leaking.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-06-2017, 09:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm sure that it's all just coincidental.

That's still not treason.  An enemy is a country or group your have a declared or active war with.  The definition of treason in the US is very narrow.