Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really? No Michael Vick posts yet?
Social media is blowing up with Steelers fans crying about Vick.

Yes, the same fanbase that has been rooting for a rapist at QB and a wife beater at LB for a decade.

It's good to see that dog fighting is where these morons draw the line.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 08:26 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Social media is blowing up with Steelers fans crying about Vick.

Yes, the same fanbase that has been rooting for a rapist at QB and a wife beater at LB for a decade.

I hate it because Vick isn't a fit for the Steelers.  We had an injury prone back up QB who never won as a starter...but Leftwich finally retired.   Smirk

As to the dog fighting:  We can care about more than one thing.  I think Vick is barely human for having financed a dog fighting ring for 6 years just to watch them fight or to kill them when they wouldn't.  He's vile and should never have been allowed back in the NFL because he was convicted of a FELONY.  Playing in the NFL is a privilege...not a right.  But because he's a little bit better at playing a game than most people he gets chance after chance.  Meanwhile folks who had an indiscretion in their past can't get certain jobs because they "have a record".

I won't address the rapist stuff because you know better.  Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 08:26 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Social media is blowing up with Steelers fans crying about Vick.

Do we really need another thread where we all list the criminal behavior exhibited on each other's teams?  

Maybe the reason why no one but you has jumped on this is that the rest of us realize that there's been enough trouble on ALL of our teams that no one really has the high ground in this sort of thread anymore. Lewis. Rice. Henry. PacMan.

What's the point any more? We ALL root for teams that have had some unsavory characters on them at one point or another.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 08:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: I hate it because Vick isn't a fit for the Steelers.  We had an injury prone back up QB who never won as a starter...but Leftwich finally retired.   Smirk

As to the dog fighting:  We can care about more than one thing.  I think Vick is barely human for having financed a dog fighting ring for 6 years just to watch them fight or to kill them when they wouldn't.  He's vile and should never have been allowed back in the NFL because he was convicted of a FELONY.  Playing in the NFL is a privilege...not a right.  But because he's a little bit better at playing a game than most people he gets chance after chance.  Meanwhile folks who had an indiscretion in their past can't get certain jobs because they "have a record".

I won't address the rapist stuff because you know better.  Rock On
Leftwich couldn't move. I'd bet Vick is still the single most mobile quarterback in the league right now. Outside of having two legit #1 qbs and one by default being back up, mobility is one of the greatest assets for a back up. Regardless of the original game plan or the defense, a mobile qb can at the very least make a play by running.
And it keeps the defense from just blitzing a guy not prepared to be in the game every single play and shutting down the offense.

This offense isn't designed for Vick, but that's in a way the point. If he comes in mid-3rd quarter he will eat up the defense until they make major adjustments. Vick did something like that to the Steelers last year and plenty of worse mobile qbs have done that to much better Steelers defenses in the past decade.

The Steelers offense won't be as effective if we have to change it to fit Vick, but if he has anything left at all there isn't a defense he can't beat with the weapons we have.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 09:16 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Leftwich couldn't move. I'd bet Vick is still the single most mobile quarterback in the league right now. Outside of having two legit #1 qbs and one by default being back up, mobility is one of the greatest assets for a back up. Regardless of the original game plan or the defense, a mobile qb can at the very least make a play by running.
And it keeps the defense from just blitzing a guy not prepared to be in the game every single play and shutting down the offense.

This offense isn't designed for Vick, but that's in a way the point. If he comes in mid-3rd quarter he will eat up the defense until they make major adjustments. Vick did something like that to the Steelers last year and plenty of worse mobile qbs have done that to much better Steelers defenses in the past decade.

The Steelers offense won't be as effective if we have to change it to fit Vick, but if he has anything left at all there isn't a defense he can't beat with the weapons we have.

In my original post I said the only difference between Leftwich and Vick is 100 pounds.  Smirk  And I also said that the team around him will make him look better than he is.

Vick had one drive against the Steelers last year IIRC.  Tebow is mobile...want him?

I think Tomlin, who has had something up his rear about signing Vick for a while now, just has in his head he needs a "veteran" #2 so they can throw him out there without prepping him.  Good luck with that.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 09:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: In my original post I said the only difference between Leftwich and Vick is 100 pounds.  Smirk  And I also said that the team around him will make him look better than he is.

Vick had one drive against the Steelers last year IIRC.  Tebow is mobile...want him?

I think Tomlin, who has had something up his rear about signing Vick for a while now, just has in his head he needs a "veteran" #2 so they can throw him out there without prepping him.  Good luck with that.

He threw 2 TDs and drove 72 yards for an easy fields goal in the 1st quarter. If a back-up does that over the course of 4 quarters no one would complain.

Tomlin has been trying to sign vick since he got out of jail. From a football standpoint, it would have been a good move all along.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 09:45 AM)6andcounting Wrote: He threw 2 TDs and drove 72 yards for an easy fields goal in the 1st quarter. If a back-up does that over the course of 4 quarters no one would complain.

Tomlin has been trying to sign vick since he got out of jail. From a football standpoint, it would have been a good move all along.

In a league where starting QB's are a premium if he was that good he'd be competing for a starting job somewhere. Tebow is gonna make a team for crying out loud!   Tongue

So I'll just have to agree to disagree with on that one.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 08:53 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Do we really need another thread where we all list the criminal behavior exhibited on each other's teams?  

Maybe the reason why no one but you has jumped on this is that the rest of us realize that there's been enough trouble on ALL of our teams that no one really has the high ground in this sort of thread anymore.  Lewis.  Rice.  Henry.  PacMan.  

What's the point any more?  We ALL root for teams that have had some unsavory characters on them at one point or another.

I find it hilarious that I've seen at least a dozen people in the last 24 hours wearing #7 jerseys complaining specifically about a QB playing for their team with a "lack of character".

How is that not funny? It would be like Bengals fans losing their collective minds on Twitter and Facebook if we picked up another CB with a felony on his record and they bitched while wearing a jersey in support of Adam "don't call me Pacman" Jones. I'm from western Pennsylvania so about 90% of my friends are Steelers fans, and it has been nothing short of amusing to watch them implode on social media over the past 12 hours or so.
Reply/Quote
He did his time...I don't give two lumpy pig dumps of Andy Dalton who the Steelers sign as a back up QB. I mean unless it's Andy Dalton...I'm pretty sure that dude could throw an interception while sitting on the sidelines watching the game.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 10:03 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: He did his time...I don't give two lumpy pig dumps of Andy Dalton who the Steelers sign as a back up QB.  I mean unless it's Andy Dalton...I'm pretty sure that dude could throw an interception while sitting on the sidelines watching the game.

He's not that good. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: He's not that good. Mellow

I'll give you that.  He would definitely need to be standing along the sidelines at least.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 09:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: In a league where starting QB's are a premium if he was that good he'd be competing for a starting job somewhere. Tebow is gonna make a team for crying out loud!   Tongue

So I'll just have to agree to disagree with on that one.

We don't have cap room to have a starter sit behind Ben and developing Jones has to be officially a bust at this point. A former starter who still has mobility is the best most teams will do at #2 qb. The difference between Vick and Tebow is that Vick actually deserved to be a starter every game prior to his arrest. Tebow was never a first round talent and got starts because teams had no one else that even throw a football on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:28 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I'll give you that.  He would definitely need to be standing along the sidelines at least.

I could definitely seeing a Dalton warm-up pass on the sideline be overthrown and wind up on the field. I see no reason why someone couldn't notice at and grab it before it hits the turf.
Reply/Quote
[Image: National_Dog_Day2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The big difference is 2 Super Bowl rings. Pig Ben has em', Harrison has 'em, Hines has 'em. If Vick won 2 rings with the Steelers Steelers fans would let him dogsit for them. Seriously, I had a girlfriend who was a Steelers fan and she, despite being smart enough to currently be a doctoral student, actually said she would consider letting Big Ben rape her.

Uniforms...they are all that matter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was going to make something that rhymes but the only words I could think of were sluts and mutts, and that's wrong.

So I'll settle on "Steelers QBs: A rapist douche and a killer of a pooch".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Sigh.....the Steelers organization has class....they would never sign a player like Vick!

Out wait

I mean

The Steelers organization is ass and would sign a player like Vick.

Cue the RL and RR jokes
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 07:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The big difference is 2 Super Bowl rings.  Pig Ben has em', Harrison has 'em, Hines has 'em.  If Vick won 2 rings with the Steelers Steelers fans would let him dogsit for them.  Seriously, I had a girlfriend who was a Steelers fan and she, despite being smart enough to currently be a doctoral student, actually said she would consider letting Big Ben rape her.

Uniforms...they are all that matter.

I know you have to have a permission slip anymore, but if she "let" him, it wouldn't really be rape....... would it ?
I'm not up on the redefining of things by the SJW's, so I really may be in the dark here.
Confused

*side note to be on topic*
Big Ben is a "Dog" and Vick is a "Dog-killer".....

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:28 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I'll give you that.  He would definitely need to be standing along the sidelines at least.

Tomlin would trip him.
Reply/Quote
What?  No pics yet?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote