Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really bad game for Iloka to be hurting.
(09-18-2015, 04:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Then those DL have to get their hands up.  And we have to stop playing 10 yards off the WR...

I was thinking the same thing.  MJ in particular seems to be pretty good at getting his mitts up in the passing lanes.  I don't see the Bengals getting a whole lot of sacks due to the quick throws, gotta hope the LBs can cover the quick routes well.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 05:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe they'll put Leon at Safety and move Dennard to the Nickle.

This is what I'd want to see happen if Iloka missed time. I'd feel confident with Hall back there and it'd get Dennard on the field.

Luckily it looks like Iloka will be okay though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not all that concerned about the short stuff. Most teams run those routes as a matter of standard procedure. We just need to tackle well and force 3rd downs and 4 or more.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Was Paul Dawson active last week? This seems to be his strength.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 06:43 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Not all that concerned about the short stuff.  Most teams run those routes as a matter of standard procedure.  We just need to tackle well and force 3rd downs and 4 or more.

But most teams don't complete over 80% of them like Rivers did last week.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was Paul Dawson active last week?  This seems to be his strength.

He played about 5 snaps and did not look good in coverage at all.

In fact I think he got beat for one of the Raiders TDs.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But most teams don't complete over 80% of them like Rivers did last week.

And most teams don't defend short throws as well as the Bengals. Rivers is good, but when is the last time (knock on wood) that a QB really shredded this defense in a regular season game?

It just doesn't happen often.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He played about 5 snaps and did not look good in coverage at all.

In fact I think he got beat for one of the Raiders TDs.

That sucks. I hope that we get better play out of him in the future. I think that he had a lot of potential.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 09:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: And most teams don't defend short throws as well as the Bengals. Rivers is good, but when is the last time (knock on wood) that a QB really shredded this defense in a regular season game?

It just doesn't happen often.
Tom Brady in the early stages of the Sunday night game last year?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 10:08 PM)jason Wrote: Tom Brady in the early stages of the Sunday night game last year?

Our defense looked lost and confused in coverage the first half of that game.  Patriot receivers were running wide open.

But have to agree with Shake.  It doesn't happen very often
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I really hope that Burfict will be back by the time we play the Steelers. We need him bad right now lol.

Why even worry about Burfict? He is not on the field. Iloka is a bigger deal right now
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 11:44 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Why even worry about Burfict? He is not on the field. Iloka is a bigger deal right now

because hes a good player on our team, thats we why worry
Reply/Quote
I could've swore I read multiple times that Iloka was playing this game? Ironically, their SS is out this game, and apparently that is huge. *shrugs*

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:12 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: If Geno and the boys can put heat on the Chargers' offense, the secondary won't need to be great. Just servicable.

Rivers gets the ball out quick. I'm not sure Geno is going to cause him much trouble.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 03:57 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I could've swore I read multiple times that Iloka was playing this game? Ironically, their SS is out this game, and apparently that is huge. *shrugs*

He had limited practice Thursday and Friday. He's questionable for the game.

DJ Fluker, Jacoby Jones, and Jahleel Addae are all doubtful for the Chargers
Reply/Quote
I'm assuming limited snaps...

Reply/Quote
Really would like to see Iloka in there. Hopefully he gets playing time, we will need him.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 06:21 AM)Utts Wrote: Rivers gets the ball out quick. I'm not sure Geno is going to cause him much trouble.

Inside pressure collapse the pocket. Rivers is a statue so it can be a factor
Reply/Quote
George is active for the SD game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He looked great out there, to me.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote